PDA

View Full Version : Freshmen(true or redshirt) Saturday Night

vv83
09-08-2015, 09:29 AM
I saw Johnson caught a TD pass. anyone else have any big contributions? I definitely wish Peters took a few more snaps

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Well, this is interesting.....

Wonder if Tolando Cleveland ever sees the field again

Bob Carskadon ‏@bobcarskadon 2m2 minutes ago
Leftover nugget: Mullen told us more true freshmen will likely play. S Mark McLaurin and CB Maurice Smitherman mentioned specifically.

CadaverDawg
09-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Coman and Cleveland won't like that news, but it's looking like Dan is trying to put pressure on these upperclassmen that aren't performing well. I like it. As long as they're ready, get em out there and let em steal a spot. Competition is a good thing.

I saw Brandon Bryant played a good bit. He looked really bad on one play, where the RB just juked and went right by him in the flat. He may have played well outside of that though. I don't know what it was, but our guys looked totally unsure of their footing the other night. Couldn't cut, couldn't keep their balance, and couldn't stop quickly. It was literally like they were on a frozen lake out there. What the hell was that about? And why didn't we put on some longer cleats or something? Injury risk?

I wouldn't be surprised if we look twice as fast Saturday, simply because we can stand up on the turf. That was a head scratcher

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2015, 10:10 AM
I've been saying it looked like we were on a hockey rink Saturday night.

USM installed new turf in 2013, so it isn't old, but it rained before the game and the turf looked incredibly shiny on TV. It looked like our guys didn't trust the footing all night.

Really Clark?
09-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Coman and Cleveland won't like that news, but it's looking like Dan is trying to put pressure on these upperclassmen that aren't performing well. I like it. As long as they're ready, get em out there and let em steal a spot. Competition is a good thing.

I saw Brandon Bryant played a good bit. He looked really bad on one play, where the RB just juked and went right by him in the flat. He may have played well outside of that though. I don't know what it was, but our guys looked totally unsure of their footing the other night. Couldn't cut, couldn't keep their balance, and couldn't stop quickly. It was literally like they were on a frozen lake out there. What the hell was that about? And why didn't we put on some longer cleats or something? Injury risk?

I wouldn't be surprised if we look twice as fast Saturday, simply because we can stand up on the turf. That was a head scratcher

I would think McLaurin for Evans as Coman's back up.

jumbo
09-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Johnson was the only one that got serious PT. Peters was on ST and I don't remember seeing McLaurin out there.

Fitz looked pretty good on his series at the end. I knew he could run, but he was quicker than I was expecting.

chef dixon
09-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Johnson was the only one that got serious PT. Peters was on ST and I don't remember seeing McLaurin out there.

Fitz looked pretty good on his series at the end. I knew he could run, but he was quicker than I was expecting.

I agree on Fitz. Looked more agile and faster than Dak to me. Will be interesting to see how he does in the passing game.

War Machine Dawg
09-08-2015, 10:36 AM
I would think McLaurin for Evans as Coman's back up.

This. Evans will be the one taking the hit, not Coman.

smootness
09-08-2015, 11:24 AM
I've said it all offseason, and I will say it again. We will destroy LSU.

I think you will see a different-looking team this week. I think you'll see less Holloway in the offense, more Lee and Williams. I also think you'll see a lot more De'Runnya, a lot more of Dak running, and a much more advanced defensive scheme.

Any word on Calhoun for that one?