PDA

View Full Version : Trae Elston Throws Punches.. again

Dawg496
09-07-2015, 08:57 PM
-Suspended one game in 2012 by the SEC (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8365642/mississippi-rebels-trae-elston-suspended-one-game-sec)
-Suspended in 2014 half game by Ole Miss (http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/10/06/ole-miss-trae-elston-suspended/16811535/)
-Arrested in 2015 for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest (http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2015/01/22/ole-miss-players-arrested-trae-elston-damoreea-stringfellow/22161973/)
-And now punches UTM player in 2015 opener (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYK-QwIQ4xU&feature=youtu.be)

How many chances does Elston get? Hugh Freeze has no integrity.

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2015, 09:00 PM
At what point does repeat violator come into play?

msstate7
09-07-2015, 09:03 PM
At what point does repeat violator come into play?
2, if you're day

SDDawg
09-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Listen all, an unpopular opinion but I can't keep it to myself. OM is hopelessly thuggish, trashy and unwilling to follow the rules. They have proven this for decades and have embraced it under Freeze, a true modern-day snake oil salesman. We should embrace their lack of integrity and willingness to do anything to win, no matter what the cost. I want them to be a bad example because it just highlights how much better it is to do things the right way. Scum will be scum, just let them be and expect nothing less.

messageboardsuperhero
09-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Patiently waiting SDS's upcoming article of outrage demanding a suspension.**

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Patiently waiting SDS's upcoming article of outrage demanding a suspension.**

http://dailynewsdig.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Indiana-Jones-last-crusade-Skeletonised-face-21-Most-Traumatizing-Moments-From-80s-Children-Book-Story-Films.jpg

msstate7
09-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Has any media picked this up?

TUSK
09-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Listen all, an unpopular opinion but I can't keep it to myself. OM is hopelessly thuggish, trashy and unwilling to follow the rules. They have proven this for decades and have embraced it under Freeze, a true modern-day snake oil salesman. We should embrace their lack of integrity and willingness to do anything to win, no matter what the cost. I want them to be a bad example because it just highlights how much better it is to do things the right way. Scum will be scum, just let them be and expect nothing less.

THIS^^^

I did it with AU 25 years ago... I'm a better Bammer now for it...

Mjoelner34
09-07-2015, 09:25 PM
I was at that game and saw him throw a punch during the first series UT Martin had the ball and although that may be a video of what I saw, it doesn't look like it. What I remember seeing was only one punch and more in an open area of the field further away from the ball and other players than this video shows. If this isn't a video of the one I saw, then he is a repeat violator just in this game alone.

Todd4State
09-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Who on any SEC team not named Vanderbilt actually gets into a fight with UT-Martin?

Seriously?

DancingRabbit
09-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Didn't look like much to me. Looks like he shoved the guys facemask. Appeared to be after the play, so it could have been called.

scottycameron
09-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Who on any SEC team not named Vanderbilt actually gets into a fight with UT-Martin?

Seriously?

same bunch that get's in a fight with memphis. Must be an intense rivalry with crappy west tennessee teams.

pootnoises
09-07-2015, 09:54 PM
I'm a Tri-Delt that swallowed for CJ Johnson- Hotty Toddy!!!!!

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2015, 09:56 PM
After he puts dak on his neck one more time.

See ya

Apoplectic
09-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Didn't look like much to me. Looks like he shoved the guys facemask. Appeared to be after the play, so it could have been called.

Looked like an open hand uppercut to me. Does a punch have to be closed fist?

messageboardsuperhero
09-07-2015, 10:06 PM
It takes a real man to dive at someone's knees three seconds after the whistle while he has his back turned.

It is also zero surprise to me that you people celebrated that play like it was a clean, good quality defensive play- all while calling Nickoe Whitley a dirty POS thug for brushing up against Bo Wallace after the 2013 EB.

msstate7
09-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Looked like an open hand uppercut to me. Does a punch have to be closed fist?

According to who threw it. If it's elston or any other reb, it warrants a suspension**

Really though with elston's history, he should probably be judged harsher

Thompson92
09-07-2015, 10:10 PM
The best revenge would be watching Dak truck that dude while taking it to the house this year. Any comparison of his late hit to Nickoe's bump is laughable.

Homedawg
09-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Meh-I hate ole miss and maybe I'm missing the proper angle- but this isn't a punch where I come from. Show me more and I'll be a believer. Until then....it's nothing.

chef dixon
09-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Its not a punch. Its just as much of a stretch as the 0.1 second video of our player pushing the USM guys ankle. All of it is petty, and that is what this rivalry has become in the last 3 years.

messageboardsuperhero
09-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Meh-I hate ole miss and maybe I'm missing the proper angle- but this isn't a punch where I come from. Show me more and I'll be a believer. Until then....it's nothing.

Both "dirty plays" are a stretch. I just find it funny that UM fans take the time out of their lives to watch our games so intently trying to find a 1 second clip where one of our players may or may not be doing something dirty- all for the purpose of emailing it to SDS in the hopes of getting someone suspended.

The reality is that you could find plays just like these watching any football game at any level of play.

whosyourdawgy
09-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Exactly. It's football. Elston would've been flagged for this slap if it had been seen but it wasn't. I've got the SDS guys on Twitter seeing it and asking if there is a better angle of it. Ha. Shit, they didn't ask for a better angle or for more than a 3 second clip of our play and put the shit on their Twitter account and web page.

BulldogBear
09-08-2015, 12:27 AM
See ya

Do we have any kind of HOF for 1 post and banned trolls!?

BulldogBear
09-08-2015, 12:28 AM

I like a short leash!

BossDawg
09-08-2015, 01:58 AM

An honest UMiss fan? Well, that's a first.

BossDawg
09-08-2015, 02:00 AM
I just find it funny that UM fans take the time out of their lives to watch our games so intently trying to find a 1 second clip where one of our players may or may not be doing something dirty...

Exactly. It's amazing how much energy they use attacking and/or obsessing over State.

woozman
09-08-2015, 07:02 AM

Well done, Coach.

Jack Lambert
09-08-2015, 07:49 AM
I was at that game and saw him throw a punch during the first series UT Martin had the ball and although that may be a video of what I saw, it doesn't look like it. What I remember seeing was only one punch and more in an open area of the field further away from the ball and other players than this video shows. If this isn't a video of the one I saw, then he is a repeat violator just in this game alone.

I hope you got laid because I couldn't see any other reason than that to go to that game.

Mjoelner34
09-08-2015, 07:54 AM
I hope you got laid because I couldn't see any other reason than that to go to that game.

I see that we think alike.

MedDawg
09-08-2015, 11:03 AM

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2015, 01:15 PM
I finally found it. Looks like 4 guys had to show one skinny kid who was boss. Red shirt with the body slam. Black shirt throwing punches to the head. Blue shirt stomping on the kid. Fine up standing young men enjoying a tranquil night on the square.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qfg4lziyIQ

MedDawg
09-08-2015, 01:39 PM

BulldogBear
09-08-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm about sick of the bad rap everyone wants to give us in a heartbeat but want to pump the breaks and find our the whole story on ANYTHING ANYONE ELSE does.