PDA

View Full Version : where do you park if you don't have a parking pass?

bobcat91
09-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Anyone use the MSU grass lots or park elsewhere?

Mjoelner34
09-07-2015, 06:05 PM
I park in Bully Grass when it's open.

msstate7
09-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Just bring $20 and get there early

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2015, 06:07 PM
When I get to go to a game I park at the newspaper and ride the shuttle. Only downside is there can be a line after the game. I've stood in line for an hour or maybe a little longer to catch the shuttle back to my truck. But, it saves paying $20 to park a mile from the stadium or to catch the shuttle from the research center.

bobcat91
09-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Do they close the grass lots with mild rain or when it is wet enough to cause ruts?

Mjoelner34
09-07-2015, 06:28 PM
You have to check with parking services. I've seen them close it when there was the threat of rain and it never rained and they've had it open on days when I would have closed it. If you're relying on parking without a Bulldog Club Lot pass, Bully Grass is the best place to be.

shoeless joe
09-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Announcing on a message board a good no pay place to park is like announcing what public hunting land you kill big deer on. You're doing nothing but ruining it for yourself and anyone else that already knows about it...so I will selfishly keep my parking spots to myself, and give a big "you're welcome" to the folks that park alongside.

sbcmortgageman
09-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Sorority row area.

bobcat91
09-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Announcing on a message board a good no pay place to park is like announcing what public hunting land you kill big deer on. You're doing nothing but ruining it for yourself and anyone else that already knows about it...so I will selfishly keep my parking spots to myself, and give a big "you're welcome" to the folks that park alongside.

It's pretty simple: just send me a pm. I'm not looking for your precious honey hole, I have an injured grandchild and need to get closer to the stadium.

Pinto
09-07-2015, 07:54 PM
You need to contact the university and at the least, they will probably be sure to get a golf cart to you or tell you where to get close to one.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2015, 08:05 PM
It's pretty simple: just send me a pm. I'm not looking for your precious honey hole, I have an injured grandchild and need to get closer to the stadium.
If the shuttle is an option for you it drops off within 100 yards of the stadium. I forget the building. Architecture maybe? Then at the newspaper office if you get there a couple hours before kick there is good parking close. I probably walk more in the stadium depending where my ticket happens to be than I do outside the stadium.

BulldogBear
09-07-2015, 08:44 PM
If the shuttle is an option for you it drops off within 100 yards of the stadium. I forget the building. Architecture maybe? Then at the newspaper office if you get there a couple hours before kick there is good parking close. I probably walk more in the stadium depending where my ticket happens to be than I do outside the stadium.

Farm Store I think

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2015, 09:06 PM
I just looked at a campus map and it is the architecture building.

Maroonthirteen
09-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Last year, there was a huge...HUGE...lady sitting in a folding chair taking money at one of the $20 lots. All you had to do was drive by her and in for free.....she wasn't getting up. She yelled...but she wasn't getting up. I saw a couple car loads of young adults drive around me and by her. hahahaha! My wife made me pay. ha!

Jack Lambert
09-08-2015, 11:24 AM
When I get to go to a game I park at the newspaper and ride the shuttle. Only downside is there can be a line after the game. I've stood in line for an hour or maybe a little longer to catch the shuttle back to my truck. But, it saves paying $20 to park a mile from the stadium or to catch the shuttle from the research center.

My son and I park at the lawyers office right by the shuttle area. We ride in but walk back. It takes about 20 minutes to walk back.