PDA

View Full Version : Just getting a chance to watch the game..

archdog
09-07-2015, 02:18 PM
What was with our guys not griping the field. Qb looked like he was trying to throw while standing on ice. Shump couldn't cut on any of his runs or catches. Looked like our guys were running in sand.

Shouldn't we be able to do all of this better on the turf?

archdog
09-07-2015, 02:32 PM
TE had a great game.
Here are the guys that came to play
Holloway
The entire Dline. Wow.
Wilson making blocks all over the place.

archdog
09-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Wilson threw 3 blocks on two different plays.
Heck 1 was on a screen to Ross for 12 yards.

VandelayIndustries
09-07-2015, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE
Heck 1 was on a screen to Ross for 12 yards.[/QUOTE]

He absolutely destroyed the DB on that play

Coach34
09-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Wilson is the best blocking WR in the SEC and its not close

Todd4State
09-07-2015, 03:06 PM
What was with our guys not griping the field. Qb looked like he was trying to throw while standing on ice. Shump couldn't cut on any of his runs or catches. Looked like our guys were running in sand.

Shouldn't we be able to do all of this better on the turf?

I don't know how much of it was their turf + the rain from earlier in the day. And I don't know how much of it was our shoes. I doubt we will play on a surface that bad the rest of the season unless the Egg Bowl gets moved to Oxford.

maroonmania
09-07-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't know how much of it was their turf + the rain from earlier in the day. And I don't know how much of it was our shoes. I doubt we will play on a surface that bad the rest of the season unless the Egg Bowl gets moved to Oxford.

Pretty much the same story every time we play on the plastic stuff. I don't know if we don't have the proper equipment for the surface or our guys just aren't used to it but its a definite problem and another reason we look like crap when we play in Oxford.

archdog
09-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Can we not get one of our practice fields to have this type of turf?

archdog
09-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Well we better figure it out. Atlanta has fake turf.

bulldawg28
09-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Well we better figure it out. Atlanta has fake turf.

I think the problem was moisture on turf which is a bad combination without the right shoes. Atlanta is inside with a dome so no moisture limitations.

Covercorner2
09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Pretty sure Arkansas and Mizzou have that stuff, too.

Madisonmd
09-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Justin Johnson was very effective with downfield blocking also

Todd4State
09-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Pretty much the same story every time we play on the plastic stuff. I don't know if we don't have the proper equipment for the surface or our guys just aren't used to it but its a definite problem and another reason we look like crap when we play in Oxford.

It wouldn't shock me if it was an Adidas issue. Fortunately Ole Miss is going back to grass (for now).