PDA

View Full Version : A sign Big Softie may be out awhile?

Coach34
09-07-2015, 01:28 PM
https://twitter.com/parrishalford/status/640926909174534144

Pinto
09-07-2015, 01:30 PM
He'll be back for Bama game. Count on it.

Saltydog
09-07-2015, 01:35 PM
some minor sanctions and then let him play.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2015, 01:41 PM
If he misses bama he misses the season.

Saltydog
09-07-2015, 01:46 PM
nt

Bully13
09-07-2015, 01:52 PM
NAhhhh.....I saw / heard the espn dude say when Tunsil returns for the bammer game tsun will be even better. Espn loves them some confeds. ..

HailState39110
09-07-2015, 01:56 PM
CJ Hampton's suspension vs UT-Martin is interesting as well. I saw somewhere it was self imposed as CJ used a rental car too long. (interpretation-CJ was busted using a car he didn't own & not in his name )

Source : NAFOOM
http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/52373/SprvialChuck-having-chat-session-130-spirit-nafoomers

Dawgowar
09-07-2015, 02:05 PM
No bitterness or rage when I say this but they are teflon until proven otherwise. Same for Auburn. Just makes beating them on the field mean that much more to us.

Coach34
09-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Well they are waiting on the NCAA to rule- they know something is coming. They are trying to self-impose 2 games and hope the NCAA is cool with it. They know they cant beat Bammer without him- so they may go ahead and play him there.

CJ Hampton also being suspended is interesting as well.

Todd4State
09-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Well they are waiting on the NCAA to rule- they know something is coming. They are trying to self-impose 2 games and hope the NCAA is cool with it. They know they cant beat Bammer without him- so they may go ahead and play him there.

If there is one thing that the NCAA will nail you for- it's hanging out with agents. I think the NCAA is going to drag this out.

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2015, 02:34 PM
nt
It's very big If. But tsun just doesn't ever admit something improper happens. They're a modern day Baghdad Bob or Officer Barbrady. The fact they are admitting it makes me think it just maaaay be big.

Jack Lambert
09-07-2015, 02:57 PM
How fast does the NCAA move? They moved pretty fast with Cam Newton. I think he plays in the bama game with him regardless. It's a lose if he doesn't play so what do they have to lose by playing him?

Todd4State
09-07-2015, 03:02 PM
How fast does the NCAA move? They moved pretty fast with Cam Newton. I think he plays in the bama game with him regardless. It's a lose if he doesn't play so what do they have to lose by playing him?

Slive ain't around no more.

Coach34
09-07-2015, 03:13 PM
@Lord_JWright (https://twitter.com/Lord_JWright)

Freeze said that for him to play Tunsil before any kind of NCAA ruling that he would have to be comfortable that OM wouldn’t be at risk.

msstate7
09-07-2015, 03:22 PM
@Lord_JWright (https://twitter.com/Lord_JWright)

Freeze said that for him to play Tunsil before any kind of NCAA ruling that he would have to be comfortable that OM wouldn’t be at risk.

So sitting tunsil last week = freeze knows some sort of trouble coming

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2015, 03:37 PM

Auburn was a national title contender that year. It was in the conference's best interest to clear Cam quickly.

maroonmania
09-07-2015, 03:46 PM

Exactly, because they know, as does anyone with half a brain, that if the suspension is for UT-Martin and Fresno St. that its no meaningful suspension at all. Just keeps him healthy for the games they actually need him.

Mjoelner34
09-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Freeze in the Oxford Eagle on the possibility of Tunsil missing next week too:

“I have no idea,” Freeze said after the game. “I’m not privy to basically any information (regarding Tunsil). I know that our university cooperates with the process in any of these situations fully.” - See more at: http://www.oxfordeagle.com/2015/09/06/notebook-tunsil-sits-amid-investigation/#sthash.Xk43Axws.dpuf

starkvegasdawg
09-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Does Freeze really expect us to think he does not know every intimate detail of the Tunsil situation? He sure seemed to think he knew enough to come out and defend him before the ink on his fingerprints was dry.

Dawgcentral
09-07-2015, 04:50 PM
I don't believe they can beat Bama even if Tunsil plays. But if he does sit that one out, I'd think there's some real stink.

Not saying they won't squirm out of it somehow. They always do.

Leroy Jenkins
09-07-2015, 05:02 PM
If you know what to look for you could see this situation coming when freeze was first questioned about it after media days. He said something along the lines of "I know very little about his situation", as if anyone believes that. To me that is code for "I'm attempting to distance myself from the eventual fallout".

messageboardsuperhero
09-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Does Freeze really expect us to think he does not know every intimate detail of the Tunsil situation? He sure seemed to think he knew enough to come out and defend him before the ink on his fingerprints was dry.

Freeze saying he knows nothing about the Tunsil investigation would be like Hilary Clinton's campaign manager saying they know nothing about the investigation into her email scandal... So implausible it's not even funny.

Whoever is looking into this on behalf of the NCAA can't take a dump without Freeze knowing about it.

scottycameron
09-07-2015, 05:28 PM
from my bear sources - agreed to sit 3 games, bama not one of them, will sit next week and then later in the year, another OOC game they guess. They also say we have a DB that could sit next week due to suspension. I believe then on the OM stuff, zero credence on our stuff. The only "source" they have for that is usually me or other friends like me, and that ain't much, lol.

TUSK
09-07-2015, 05:41 PM
from my bear sources - agreed to sit 3 games, bama not one of them, will sit next week and then later in the year, another OOC game they guess. They also say we have a DB that could sit next week due to suspension. I believe then on the OM stuff, zero credence on our stuff. The only "source" they have for that is usually me or other friends like me, and that ain't much, lol.

NCAA out to get bama*.

msstate7
09-07-2015, 05:44 PM

Why would the NCAA agree to that? I've never heard of the NCAA issuing game suspension for a player that the school could pick and choose which game to serve.

scottycameron
09-07-2015, 05:44 PM
NCAA out to get bama*.

yeah when this news hits the spirit (letting him play vs. Bama) it'll just be "crickets chirping". Doesn't fit their narrative, lol. OM has never actually lost a game to bam a on the field, did you know that? Always the Refs/slive/ doyle jackson and replay/ some ex asst coach/etc etc etc.

scottycameron
09-07-2015, 05:48 PM
good point, and I have no idea. May be completely FOS or misinformed. I'm not vouching for it at all just passing on. Take it with a grain of salt.

Bully13
09-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Why would the NCAA agree to that? I've never heard of the NCAA issuing game suspension for a player that the school could pick and choose which game to serve.

good point 7. another question is this. if the NCAA is concerned about something, and they find that something illegal happened, are we going to know what it was? if any of the things that step dad said are proven true, and the only thing that happens is the player has to miss 3 games , then damn. if you think the flood gates are open now, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

GreenheadDawg
09-07-2015, 05:51 PM

Yeh I would think that would piss the NCAA off even more if you just sit him for the cupcakes and play him when you need him. Let's hope Freeze is that stupid

TUSK
09-07-2015, 05:52 PM
The NCAA suspended Ohio State "tat-gate" players the following year after they beat arkie in a bowl game....

maroonmania
09-07-2015, 05:57 PM

that's as bogus as a 3 dollar bill, even as toothless as the NCAA is they would never agree to such bunk.

msstate7
09-07-2015, 06:00 PM
The NCAA suspended Ohio State "tat-gate" players the following year after they beat arkie in a bowl game....
Forgot about that. I think the fact that it was a major bowl game may have played into their decision. I've never heard of a player being suspended by the NCAA for 3 games that aren't consecutive though.

They may as well let ole miss decide to break the suspension down to quarters or let tunsil serve 2 of those games next season

Ifyouonlyknew
09-07-2015, 06:19 PM
If he's suspended 3 game it will be the 1st 3. You can't pick your games you want to miss.

scottycameron
09-07-2015, 06:47 PM
I agree with all y'all. So I called them on it. They disagreed, said Patrick Willis was suspended (I never knew about that, I guess they kept it under wraps, fake injury or sick?, and they picked his game - an OOC game.
Like I said they very well could be FOS, we'll see in a couple weeks either way.

Tusk y'all go through this kind of thing constantly, you got any input?

TUSK
09-07-2015, 06:58 PM
I agree with all y'all. So I called them on it. They disagreed, said Patrick Willis was suspended (I never knew about that, I guess they kept it under wraps, fake injury or sick?, and they picked his game - an OOC game.
Like I said they very well could be FOS, we'll see in a couple weeks either way.

Tusk y'all go through this kind of thing constantly, you got any input?

Man, it's been a while since we've suspended anyone (discounting Scarborough/NCAA thing)... usually it's summertime discipline issues and they get suspended for the season's first game, though...

of course, if you meant an opponent suspending a good player for the Bama game... no that doesn't happen a lot...

coastdoglover
09-07-2015, 06:58 PM
If he misses bama he misses the season.

I think you are right and what if the NCAA has really investigated ? We all know CJ was bought and paid for too. Will be interesting if he is out again this week too. I do know Tunsil's step dad has vanished, so that tells me he either got paid off or he was worried about his health from the rebel haters. We will all know when Bama rolls around.

TUSK
09-07-2015, 07:04 PM
I think you are right and what if the NCAA has really investigated ? We all know CJ was bought and paid for too. Will be interesting if he is out again this week too. I do know Tunsil's step dad has vanished, so that tells me he either got paid off or he was worried about his health from the rebel haters. We will all know when Bama rolls around.

If Tunsil and his agent are smart, thye may consider skipping the Bama game, regardless... there is nothing good that can come from facing that DL....

Political Hack
09-07-2015, 07:24 PM

They can't beat Bama with him. They won't be able to run the ball and that gimmick offense doesn't work when you don't have match ups to exploit.

HSVDawg
09-07-2015, 07:45 PM
They know they cant beat Bammer without him- so they may go ahead and play him there.

Alabama is something like 46-3 in T-town under Saban (undefeated since 2012) over the last seven years, with 2 losses to teams that either played for or won the NC and the third loss to an A&M team led by a Heisman trophy winning QB and several other first round draft picks. Ole Miss doesn't have nearly the firepower of any of those teams. Throw in the revenge factor from last year and they have absolutely no chance of winning that game with or without Tunsil. None whatsoever.

This is one time where it would be smart for Ole Miss to know their place. They no doubt through their own back channels have learned of some potential infractions that the NCAA may have uncovered. With a prospect like Tunsil, its not a question of whether infractions happened but how many and what could potentially be proven. This would have been true for whichever school he would have signed with, Ole Miss or elsewhere. It would be in Ole Miss's best interest to try and expedite the investigation by self admitting to one of the smaller items and proposing a 3 or 4 game suspension (similar to AJ Green a few years ago). This would mean him missing the Bama game, but see above. Ole Miss isn't winning that game anyway, but by sitting him for that one the NCAA will think the admin means business. The NCAA isn't going to blink over a 2 game suspension against overmatched nonconference opponents.

Jack Lambert
09-07-2015, 07:49 PM

The Obama of college football.

Jack Lambert
09-07-2015, 07:53 PM
yeah when this news hits the spirit (letting him play vs. Bama) it'll just be "crickets chirping". Doesn't fit their narrative, lol. OM has never actually lost a game to bam a on the field, did you know that? Always the Refs/slive/ doyle jackson and replay/ some ex asst coach/etc etc etc.

Or they ran out of time.

fishwater99
09-07-2015, 09:27 PM
The Bears I talked to don't have a clue.
The company line is that it's a self imposed 2 games.
If so why don't they come out with that info to the media?
I don't think they have a clue and are praying he will be cleared
By the NCAA by the Bama game.
I think he's done pkaying at Northern Mississippi.

Todd4State
09-07-2015, 09:40 PM

hahahahahahahha I like how your source threw that nugget in there.

RougeDawg
09-08-2015, 07:02 AM
The Bears I talked to don't have a clue.
The company line is that it's a self imposed 2 games.
If so why don't they come out with that info to the media?
I don't think they have a clue and are praying he will be cleared
By the NCAA by the Bama game.
I think he's done pkaying at Northern Mississippi.

They do not have a clue. Before Saturday, all was well with Softie and the lawsuit against pops was evidence that there was no wrongdoing and it was all slander. Fast forward to Saturday, party line said "only one game, he'll be back next week!"

Now after Bucky speaks, they start their usual spin cycle and try to devise numerous off the wall theories to help them cope and sleep at night, knowing their beloved cheating university and football program may finally be too big for their britches on that 2013 National Cheating Signing class. They've gotten away with murder so many times by lawyering up and scheming the system, but now the evidence is just too strong for them to walk on a technicality.

I'm not saying they will roast over this, but the NCAA dragging its feet and making them squirm in anguish, while sitting a starter, is punishment in itself.

ETA- those delusional bustards should be thanking the NCAA over this. Sitting Softie has already given them a built in excuse for Bama demolishing them. If he plays they'll have the excuse that the OL didn't have time to Gel. If he sits "they didn't have the #1 overall pick in next year's draft!" It actually works to their advantage, being the delusional fan base they are.

jumbo
09-08-2015, 08:31 AM
here's what it comes down to:

If he plays against Bama, it was a self-imposed suspension and likely nothing more happens
If he doesn't play against Bama, it's the NCAA and they could actually be in trouble

BulldogBear
09-08-2015, 08:44 AM
P.Alford just said on OOB that Freeze told him he didn't think he would play Tunsil without clearance from ncaa. Grain of salt of course

Liverpooldawg
09-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Freeze almost certainly knows what UM does. I took that to mean that they are waiting on the NCAA to rule. The other possibility is that they know something bigger that two games for Tunsil is coming and he is trying to distance himself from the fallout. Since Freeze issuing a hasty statement about stepdad is basically what escalated this to the level it's at right now, I wouldn't blame him from trying to get a little separation from it if the latter possibility is true.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2015, 09:22 AM
here's what it comes down to:

If he plays against Bama, it was a self-imposed suspension and likely nothing more happens
If he doesn't play against Bama, it's the NCAA and they could actually be in trouble

I definitely think it is NCAA related. Their statement said as much if you believe it. Now what they may hope will happen is them voluntarily holding him out for two weeks will grease the wheels and the NCAA say that is punishment enough along with him paying back whatever improper benefit led to all this...assuming it is benefit related and him not skipping classes, grade changes, etc. Like I said earlier - if he sits the bama game I don't think he sets foot back on the field this season. No way Freeze holds him out without the NCAA threatening to come down on him like a ton of bricks for the biggest game of the season unless his balls are inches from the fire and he knows it.

jumbo
09-08-2015, 09:35 AM
I definitely think it is NCAA related. Their statement said as much if you believe it. Now what they may hope will happen is them voluntarily holding him out for two weeks will grease the wheels and the NCAA say that is punishment enough along with him paying back whatever improper benefit led to all this...assuming it is benefit related and him not skipping classes, grade changes, etc. Like I said earlier - if he sits the bama game I don't think he sets foot back on the field this season. No way Freeze holds him out without the NCAA threatening to come down on him like a ton of bricks for the biggest game of the season unless his balls are inches from the fire and he knows it.

this was pretty much what I was trying to say. he's being held out because the NCAA is investigating. If he's back for Bama, then their voluntary suspension was enough and the case is likely closed. If he's not back for Bama then they could actually be in for NCAA punishment.

HSVDawg
09-08-2015, 10:09 AM
If he's back for Bama there will be some public statement beforehand from the NCAA that they have either found no wrongdoing or have judged the 2 game suspension sufficient for whatever went down. I find the latter scenario to be highly unlikely. There is no way they can play him against Bama after sitting him the first two games without that blessing. They have already blinked and painted themselves into a corner. They are operating on the NCAA's timeline now.

fishwater99
09-08-2015, 10:35 AM
If he's back for Bama there will be some public statement beforehand from the NCAA that they have either found no wrongdoing or have judged the 2 game suspension sufficient for whatever went down. I find the latter scenario to be highly unlikely. There is no way they can play him against Bama after sitting him the first two games without that blessing. They have already blinked and painted themselves into a corner. They are operating on the NCAA's timeline now.

This... Hugh has pretty much said this already.
"Freeze also intimated that he was uncertain if he would play Tunsil before receiving further clarification that his preseason All-American left tackle is indeed cleared to play when No. 17 Ole Miss plays host to Fresno State on Saturday (2:30 p.m., ESPN2)."

“I would have to be made to feel very comfortable about that, that our program is not at risk, and that would have to come from our administration above me,” Freeze said.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/09/07/ole-miss-unsure-tunsils-status-fresno-state/71851496/

They know they cheated and now are worried like Hell, just hoping they can keep in contained tojust Tunsil.

archdog
09-08-2015, 07:20 PM
17 them all.

Eat crap UM. Good luck.

archdog
09-08-2015, 07:21 PM
When does the hammer come down on Mr. Broke Leg?

Dawgowar
09-08-2015, 07:37 PM
You guys may be missing the biggest indicator the NCAA is pressing - none of you are getting a consistent message out of your UNM contacts. Usually they push a party line within hours of an allegation. A consistent, total denial followed with an Ice Cream for the masses like - recruiting rumors or a potential Game Day visit. Just a thought.

BrunswickDawg
09-08-2015, 07:41 PM
You guys may be missing the biggest indicator the NCAA is pressing - none of you are getting a consistent message out of your UNM contacts. Usually they push a party line within hours of an allegation. A consistent, total denial followed with an Ice Cream for the masses like - recruiting rumors or a potential Game Day visit. Just a thought.
Or most importantly, a big recruit jumping in the boat.

shannondawg
09-08-2015, 08:18 PM
The rank and file know no more that we do.

Bucky Dog
09-08-2015, 08:39 PM
I thought seeing Tunsil on the front page of the C-L with a Rolex looking watch this morning that he figured he was already done!***

BeastMan
09-08-2015, 09:44 PM
The Obama of college football.

How dare you insult Barry like that?

TUSK
09-08-2015, 09:54 PM
They do not have a clue. Before Saturday, all was well with Softie and the lawsuit against pops was evidence that there was no wrongdoing and it was all slander. Fast forward to Saturday, party line said "only one game, he'll be back next week!"

Now after Bucky speaks, they start their usual spin cycle and try to devise numerous off the wall theories to help them cope and sleep at night, knowing their beloved cheating university and football program may finally be too big for their britches on that 2013 National Cheating Signing class. They've gotten away with murder so many times by lawyering up and scheming the system, but now the evidence is just too strong for them to walk on a technicality.

I'm not saying they will roast over this, but the NCAA dragging its feet and making them squirm in anguish, while sitting a starter, is punishment in itself.

ETA- those delusional bustards should be thanking the NCAA over this. Sitting Softie has already given them a built in excuse for Bama demolishing them. If he plays they'll have the excuse that the OL didn't have time to Gel. If he sits "they didn't have the #1 overall pick in next year's draft!" It actually works to their advantage, being the delusional fan base they are.

I've got an extra ticket on the bandwagon, if interested*...

fishwater99
09-09-2015, 08:13 AM
I thought seeing Tunsil on the front page of the C-L with a Rolex looking watch this morning that he figured he was already done!***

Yeah he doesn't care about an NCAA investigation... That watch was just a gift from his agent...

Bubb Rubb
09-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Their administration is being very tight-lipped because they aren't in control of the situation. That's why you aren't seeing the usual coordinated spin for this. The NCAA is in their kitchen, and they work at their own pace. We as State fans know this all-too-well. I also suspect that the Rebs have their own little "Bracky" situation because they have other sports programs in trouble with the NCAA. It's one thing to be be defiant when you have a clean track record, but it's something else entirely when you're staring down the barrel of a Lack of Institutional Control charge.

They aren't going to play Tunsil until the NCAA clears him. They are hoping that the NCAA will come back and say, ok, your two game suspension is adequate punishment. There's no guarantee that they'll even hear back from the NCAA before the Bama game.

Saltydog
09-09-2015, 05:54 PM
indicated that Tunsil would be back for the Bama game. SHOCKER!!!!!

Liverpooldawg
09-09-2015, 06:01 PM
That should surprise no one.

Saltydog
09-09-2015, 06:14 PM
why wouldn't you play him. Worst case is you'd have to vacate some wins.

Mjoelner34
09-09-2015, 07:01 PM
indicated that Tunsil would be back for the Bama game. SHOCKER!!!!!

I heard the part where they were playing the teleconference and the Arkansas reporter asked Freezus if he had spoken with the NCAA about Tunsil and Freezus said "No. Not about Laremy." That answer makes it sound like he has spoken to them about something doesn't it. Otherwise his answer would have just been "No".

Leroy Jenkins
09-09-2015, 07:09 PM
why wouldn't you play him. Worst case is you'd have to vacate some wins.

Thats what happens if you unknowingly play an ineligible player, what happens if you intentionally play an ineligible player?

BeardoMSU
09-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Thats what happens if you unknowingly play an ineligible player, what happens if you intentionally play an ineligible player?

Something more than a slap on the wrist. That's why they're sitting him now: because OM knows the NCAA knows that OM knows (lol) Laremy has potential eligibility issues. They are hoping to hear something positive from the NCAA before the Bama game, and that the gesture of sitting him these first two is enough to get favor from the NCAA. If they haven't heard anything by the Bama game, they can't risk playing him. There is more at stake than just vacating some wins. That would be them basically thumbing their noses at the NCAA. That shit won't fly.

Saltydog
09-09-2015, 07:20 PM
nt

Coach34
09-09-2015, 07:40 PM
I think they re going to say "**** it" and play him against Bammer- and if they have to vacate wins- so be it

messageboardsuperhero
09-09-2015, 07:45 PM
If Tunsil gets two games after Redmond got 18... Bracky should be publicly shamed and reassigned as the janitor of the Seal Complex.

msstate7
09-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I think they re going to say "**** it" and play him against Bammer- and if they have to vacate wins- so be it

If 2 weeks after tunsil plays against bama, the ncaa says tunsil was ineligible for the bama game what happens? Would the win be vacated immediately?

Todd4State
09-09-2015, 08:03 PM

Ask USC.

RougeDawg
09-09-2015, 08:03 PM
If 2 weeks after tunsil plays against bama, the ncaa says tunsil was ineligible for the bama game what happens? Would the win be vacated immediately?

What win? They could have 5 Big Softies starting and wouldn't beat Bams this year. The only reason they got Bama last year was Dumbshit Lane Kiffing going pass happy that game. The Tide was averaging around 5 YPC but they abandoned the run the entire 3rd and part of the 4th quarters last year. That's why Bama lost. You can bet your general is that LittltNicky won't allow that bed shitting again this year.

OurState
09-09-2015, 08:04 PM

I guess, although they will lose with or without him... So why not play him?

msstate7
09-09-2015, 08:05 PM
What win? They could have 5 Big Softies starting and wouldn't beat Bams this year. The only reason they got Bama last year was Dumbshit Lane Kiffing going pass happy that game. The Tide was averaging around 5 YPC but they abandoned the run the entire 3rd and part of the 4th quarters last year. That's why Bama lost. You can bet your general is that LittltNicky won't allow that bed shitting again this year.

I think they'll be able to beat vandy the next week. No?

My question was confusing. I put the 2 weeks in there bc OM has a guaranteed win the next week. If tunsil plays against bama, he certainly plays vs vandy

TUSK
09-09-2015, 08:08 PM

what win?*

maroonmania
09-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Bracky should be publicly shamed and reassigned as the janitor of the Seal Complex.

I'm in favor of this regardless.

Mjoelner34
09-09-2015, 08:20 PM
what win?*

Uh-oh! Tusk is aware of the fix. ABORT! ABORT!