PDA

View Full Version : LSU game: Good or bad that LSU didn't play & we did?

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Ok, I've turned the page. It's time for MSU to re-enter the national scene this after being inexplicably relegated from it.

We have an interesting situation this week, due to LSU's game, this past weekend, being cancelled due to weather.

So my question is: Is this good or bad for MSU?

Positives for MSU:

- MSU has had a chance to work out some kinks, & boy did we have some

- LSU is starting Brandon Harris, who desperately needed some experience before walking into a hostile environment in Davis Wade

- MSU's starters played the whole game this Saturday night, & for better or worse, they got in game shape without any injuries.

- After LSU not playing, they may have some cobwebs. Sitting around for two weeks waiting to play isn't good & messes with routine.

Negatives for MSU:

1. MSU has no film on LSU, particularly new DC Kevin Steele's defense & how the offense will run under Brandon Harris

2. Because LSU didn't play, they have no injuries or beat up players, but since MSU doesn't either, I'm not sure if this matters.

Conclusion:

Assuming MSU can make competent guesses about what Kevin Steele's defense will look like & what the players being used in that defense abilities are, I think it is better to have played & made adjustments than to not have played & still not know exactly what your team will look like. I don't think MSU needs to see LSU's offense in order to diagnose & prepare for what they will do.

Is Steele going to run a 3-4 or 4-3?

shoeless joe
09-07-2015, 09:16 AM
LSU will play their first game, one where they want revenge, in a hostile environment. Because of all thoe things they will make some mistakes...if we don't we win.

bulldawg28
09-07-2015, 09:24 AM
It's always better to have played versus not playing. We're at least 3 steps ahead off of that alone.

drunkernhelldawg
09-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Agree. Worried whether our o line can hold up.Gonna see.

BulldogBear
09-07-2015, 09:45 AM
The disadvantages of not playing outweigh the advantages and I think we already had the edge. If we make proper adjustments to last week's and last year's (@BR) gameplan, we will likely win big. Stop LF and we win, again probably big. I think them not playing last week spots us a TD due to mistakes.

I think it will take a lot of "effort" on our part to lose this game. If we do it will be because we give it away.

GreenheadDawg
09-07-2015, 09:49 AM
It's gonna be pretty tough for Harris to step onto Scott field in front of our crowd that is gonna be well lit by game time. I'm glad they didn't play

Dawgowar
09-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Ok, I've turned the page. It's time for MSU to re-enter the national scene this after being inexplicably relegated from it.

1. MSU has no film on LSU, particularly new DC Kevin Steele's defense & how the offense will run under Brandon Harris

Is Steele going to run a 3-4 or 4-3?

Doubtful we would have seen much beyond vanilla in their McNeese film either. He probably runs a version of both and I suspect we will see something similar to the last couple of Bama VS US gameplans. Albeit, not Bryant Denny crowd helping in the first quarter this year.

Their offense may be more sluggish if the QB issues really have not gotten substantially better. They will have good skill people, always do though.

BiscuitEater
09-07-2015, 10:33 AM
MSU played .. didn't show much on offense and played the same defense most of the night

LSU didn't play .. if they had, we would have learned the same thing .. vanilla offense and defense.

Big plus for Miles .. if he suspended anyone for the 'first' game .. he will count the rainout as #1 **

Dawgfan77
09-07-2015, 10:42 AM
They did get a few plays in before game was called