PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Holder Promoted to AAA

TheRef
09-06-2015, 11:39 PM
There it is. Holder is now in the Yankees' Triple-A Affiliate for the playoffs. Interesting to see if he gets called up next season.

msstate7
09-06-2015, 11:42 PM
There it is. Holder is now in the Yankees' Triple-A Affiliate for the playoffs. Interesting to see if he gets called up next season.

Closer or just relief pitcher?

CadaverDawg
09-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Great news!

TheRef
09-06-2015, 11:45 PM
They've been stretching his innings out, lately.

https://i.gyazo.com/f09aa1044e9764b7c7e89c521ee22f1c.png

msstate7
09-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Wow... He's starting?

TheRef
09-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Wow... He's starting?

Apparently so. He's started 21 of 22 games he's pitched in this year.

112.1 IP this season.

Beaver
09-06-2015, 11:51 PM
7 earned runs in his last 5 starts. Not too shabby!

msstate7
09-06-2015, 11:53 PM
If he's starting, he's certainly picked up another pitch. Anyone know what he's throwing these days?

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Wow... He's starting?

Yea we posted it way back when your Braves had a pulse. Holder is a damn good pitcher. I'm glad the Yankees have moved him to SP. Holder is a warrior. He's going to win some games in Yankee stadium soon.

msstate7
09-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Yea we posted it way back when your Braves had a pulse. Holder is a damn good pitcher. I'm glad the Yankees have moved him to SP. Holder is a warrior. He's going to win some games in Yankee stadium soon.

My Braves are about to make a run... at the 1st pick

Dawg61
09-07-2015, 12:18 AM
My Braves are about to make a run... at the 1st pick

My Giants are toast. Inevitable drought has begun I fear.

msstate7
09-07-2015, 12:22 AM
My Giants are toast. Inevitable drought has begun I fear.

At least there's a chance your Giants will win. The Braves were 43-43 when fredi got his extension. Today we're 53-84. Yep, he's 10-40 since the extension including our current 12 game losing streak.

Dawg61
09-07-2015, 12:27 AM
At least there's a chance your Giants will win. The Braves were 43-43 when fredi got his extension. Today we're 53-84. Yep, he's 10-40 since the extension including our current 12 game losing streak.

Isn't Freddi's fault the front office has dumped almost it's entire starting roster from 2 years ago. Can't win right now that way. They have chosen to suck. Maybe they are following the Astros diagram.

msstate7
09-07-2015, 12:37 AM
Isn't Freddi's fault the front office has dumped almost it's entire starting roster from 2 years ago. Can't win right now that way. They have chosen to suck. Maybe they are following the Astros diagram.

Coppolella (Braves' assistant GM) nterview with JOB:

Q. Is this how you and John Hart thought this season might go, or could you have ever imagined that it would be this bad?

A. No. I think the way we envisioned the season going was the way the first half went, where you could walk parallel roads between building for the future and putting out a team (this season) that could fight night in and night out.

Q. Was the timing of Fredi Gonzalez and his coaches? contract extensions (just after the All-Star break) an indication that you in the front office knew this could get ugly with the second-half trades that were coming?

A. I felt we overachieved in the first half, and I feel that?s a great credit to Fredi and his whole coaching staff. In my opinion, it wouldn?t be fair to go through this for this year and judge Fredi or his staff.

Kinda contradictory, right?

Dawg61
09-07-2015, 01:13 AM
Coppolella (Braves' assistant GM) nterview with JOB:

Q. Is this how you and John Hart thought this season might go, or could you have ever imagined that it would be this bad?

A. No. I think the way we envisioned the season going was the way the first half went, where you could walk parallel roads between building for the future and putting out a team (this season) that could fight night in and night out.

Q. Was the timing of Fredi Gonzalez and his coaches? contract extensions (just after the All-Star break) an indication that you in the front office knew this could get ugly with the second-half trades that were coming?

A. I felt we overachieved in the first half, and I feel that?s a great credit to Fredi and his whole coaching staff. In my opinion, it wouldn?t be fair to go through this for this year and judge Fredi or his staff.

Kinda contradictory, right?

Obviously I don't know your roster anywhere close as much as you do but here goes.

Braves dump a bunch of money into Uggla. Bad move. Still paying him.
Braves hype JayHey like he's the next Willy Mays. Then trade him when he's only 24. Terrible move.
Braves dump money into Chris Johnson. What the hell? Then trade him for a bag of hot garbage.
Braves drool over Justin Upton so bad they are willingly to pay a fortune for him AND his absolutely horrible brother. Then trade them for more hot garbage.
Braves miracously discover Evan Gattis. Then trade him right away.
Braves develop the best closer or close to the best closer in all of baseball in Kimbrel. Then trade him.
And on and on.

Braves are purposely tanking. They are copying the Astros. They want multiple #1 picks and lots of other minor leaguers so they can attempt to burst onto the scene in the new ballpark. They do NOT want to win right now. They want to win 3 years from now.

RBritt
09-07-2015, 07:48 AM
Graveman majors, Lingo majors, Renfroe triple a, Girodo triple a, Holder triple a, Frazier double a, and who else was on that team? Damn that's some talent right there.

Dawgface
09-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Cool. I'm happy for him.