PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that noticed how many times USM had linemen downfield on pass plays

Delmar
09-06-2015, 10:40 PM
It looked like they had run pass option plays that took too long to develop with O linemen downfield 5 yards. Also, in the 4th quarter on the blown screen play number 70 was 10 yards downfield. Never called on it once.

mstatefan91
09-06-2015, 10:41 PM
The officiating crew was awful. Some of the worst spots that I've ever seen.

EdDawg
09-06-2015, 10:43 PM
I noticed that as well.

Also one thing I noticed before the game. I believe 8 of southern's defensive starters were juco players. That just seemed strange.

Delmar
09-06-2015, 10:59 PM

That was supposed to be a point of emphasis of officiating this year. Looks like this crew didn't get the message.

Jack Lambert
09-06-2015, 11:43 PM
I noticed that as well.

Also one thing I noticed before the game. I believe 8 of southern's defensive starters were juco players. That just seemed strange.

southern might win a few games this year because of 21 transfers. If you add that 21 to the Jr and Sr they already had on the team that could be up to 60 guys they are going to lose over the next two years. USM is going to be in trouble.

aerodawg
09-07-2015, 12:14 AM

To me it looked like the chain-gang were the ones that were off. At one point on a fresh 1st and 10 the tv scrimmage line was lined up right on the ball, and the tv first down marker was exactly 10 yards from that point just inches beyond a full line yard marker. The chain-gang was set up at about the linemen's feet and the 1st down end of the chain was almost 3/4 of a yard short of that full line marker.

tcdog70
09-07-2015, 10:59 AM
On screen passes lineman can be downfield, as long as pass doesn't pass the scrimmage line.