PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone checked Aubie's board? Just wondered what their feelings...

IMissJack
09-06-2015, 10:06 PM
are, because I wasn't that impressed with them either, based on preseason media expectations.

TheRef
09-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Some Auburn fans are like "Johnson was crap, and we better pray that Muschamp fixes the defensive woes.

mewrite
09-06-2015, 11:23 PM
I live in the thick of Auburn country, and from all of them I associate with, they're nervous but not panicked. They chalk his performance up to reading his own press clippings, not a lack of talent or decision-making skills. In their books, he's probably not the second coming of Cam, but he's not Brandon Cox, either. They are still expecting better than Nick Marshall passing and decent running from him, but it seems their expectation of him to be Heisman-worthy are a bit more tempered.

Jack Lambert
09-06-2015, 11:32 PM
I live in the thick of Auburn country, and from all of them I associate with, they're nervous but not panicked. They chalk his performance up to reading his own press clippings, not a lack of talent or decision-making skills. In their books, he's probably not the second coming of Cam, but he's not Brandon Cox, either. They are still expecting better than Nick Marshall passing and decent running from him, but it seems their expectation of him to be Heisman-worthy are a bit more tempered.

I don't care what anyone says if he was good as advertise he would have started last year. Too much money being paid to coaches not to put your best QB on the field. I think he is very over rated and we beat them. Just my opinion.

Beaver
09-06-2015, 11:46 PM
I watched Auburn's spring game last week just to watch JJ. He has an absolute cannon for an arm, but he is very inconsistent with his throws--especially passes over 15 yards. Honestly, A&M's QB might be the best (besides Dak) in the SECW.

Dawg61
09-07-2015, 12:15 AM
I watched Auburn's spring game last week just to watch JJ. He has an absolute cannon for an arm, but he is very inconsistent with his throws--especially passes over 15 yards. Honestly, A&M's QB might be the best (besides Dak) in the SECW.

Johnson is terrible. He makes awful decisions. We will pick him off 3-4 times.

MetEdDawg
09-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Auburn fans are legitimately surprised that Johnson played as poorly as he did. And while I'm a little surprised he played that bad, it doesn't surprise me that he didn't reach the insane expectations the media put on him. The media might be his undoing. They annointed him the chosen one before he ever played a full game and now the expectation is for him to be All World. I'm not sure he's All SEC yet and because of that, Auburn will lose a few because their offense can't get it going.

Had they played a capable offense last week, they would have gotten destroyed. Louisville got nothing in the 1st half after numerous opportunities. Malzahn's offense always takes 4-6 weeks to get going with its rhythm and timing. We are catching them Week 4 which I think will be early enough to take them even at their place. They are so young and I think we will be 3-0 heading into their place. Recipe for a hell of a ball game.