PDA

View Full Version : New to Board - Big Dawg Camp

camsu
07-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Are we looking for anything exciting out of this. I see we have JRs and SRs coming in. I like that we are already going after kids 2/3 yrs out. Hope that pays off for us.

FISHDAWG
07-18-2013, 10:33 AM
welcome aboard ... I agree that it's a good idea to put MSU into the heads of players at a younger age

HancockCountyDog
07-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Are we looking for anything exciting out of this. I see we have JRs and SRs coming in. I like that we are already going after kids 2/3 yrs out. Hope that pays off for us.

I think we get commitments from the LB from the Delta, the RB from West Point and the WR from the Burg. Hopefully that will shut some people up about Mullen and recruiting, but I know it probably wont.

msstate7
07-18-2013, 10:44 AM
I think we get commitments from the LB from the Delta, the RB from West Point and the WR from the Burg. Hopefully that will shut some people up about Mullen and recruiting, but I know it probably wont.

Green, Williams, and Jackson. If we pull those, we're on our way to a nice class

Coach34
07-18-2013, 10:46 AM
I look for us to get 2-3 commits...

Brewster is all over the kid from West Point, and this has turned into more of a battle than we wanted. I think we will win out, but it's still a battle. We need him more for perception than we actually do as a RB.

DogBanker
07-18-2013, 10:53 AM
I think you'll see the Holcombe kid commit and possibly Green and Jackson. I know for fact that Jackson loves State and this is where he wants to be. It'd be nice having him in the ear of Javon Patterson who is the big OG down at Petal who is gonna be a big time recruit next year.

camsu
07-18-2013, 11:04 AM
What's the difference between Jackson and Sims? I understand Sims is coming to camp and was just on campus. I assume we would want both and that would close out WR? Of course, Bama currently has Sims? Do we have a real shot at Speak or OM bound?

HancockCountyDog
07-18-2013, 11:12 AM
What's the difference between Jackson and Sims? I understand Sims is coming to camp and was just on campus. I assume we would want both and that would close out WR? Of course, Bama currently has Sims? Do we have a real shot at Speak or OM bound?

Speaks is Bear bound;

That would be great news about Sims, he is big time. Sims is a bigger WR and is probably a top 10 WR in the south. Great to hear he is on campus for a few days.

DogBanker
07-18-2013, 11:31 AM
I'd be fine if we dropped Cathaey or whatever the hell his name is and close out with Jackson and Sims. I could go to the delta right now and find a guy just as good if not better then Nikkia.

DiligenceDawg
07-18-2013, 12:58 PM
I'd be fine if we dropped Cathaey or whatever the hell his name is and close out with Jackson and Sims. I could go to the delta right now and find a guy just as good if not better then Nikkia.

Simply put- no, you couldn't. he's not the most exciting guy in the class but he does combine speed with some very raw natural football ability. If there were players in ms just hanging out that were better than him we'd have them committed instead.

Similar to the one good Moore brother, sometimes you take kids just because they bring speed to the table.

BeastMan
07-18-2013, 01:21 PM
As I've said before, Cathey reminds me a ton of Jameon. That will sound like much more a compliment after this year. Trust me. The advantage he has on Tubby is that he plays Wr in hs. He doesn't have to learn a whole new position like Tubby did. We need more guys who are good with the ball in their hands a la Jameon and Holloway.

hailmari
07-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Green, Williams, and Jackson. If we pull those, we're on our way to a nice class

Yep, I can see Durr, at least one of the OLs from Georgia, and maybe Staley getting the 4* bump eventually. I kinda hope not, though, I don't need any other schools coming in and stressing me out.

msstate7
07-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Yep, I can see Durr, at least one of the OLs from Georgia, and maybe Staley getting the 4* bump eventually. I kinda hope not, though, I don't need any other schools coming in and stressing me out.

No more Chris jones drama please. Watch one or two of our recruits dominate the al-ms game again

Homedawg
07-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Simply put- no, you couldn't. he's not the most exciting guy in the class but he does combine speed with some very raw natural football ability. If there were players in ms just hanging out that were better than him we'd have them committed instead.

Similar to the one good Moore brother, sometimes you take kids just because they bring speed to the table.

Don't be shocked when he's not part of the class.

DiligenceDawg
07-18-2013, 05:36 PM

The advantage we have with the kids you listed is that they all already have other interest and offers. It wouldn't be the out of nowhere explosion that Chris got. I hope all of them get increased interest and offers honestly.

Staley is unlikely to get the option to play for a school at both sports that can compete on the level that we can at both. At least that'd be my guess. Pretty sure he said that was why he decommitted from Vandy. Plus, even when he was committed to Vandy he said nothing but positive things about MSU. Really looking forward to him developing under Dan.

Durr already had the opportunity to hop on the Oklahoma train but seemed to be looking for the MSU offer. If I had to guess, he is a really big Townsend fan.

And the Georgia OL guys- Both have legit offer sheets as it is. Not sure how they feel about UGA but they don't lack serious interest or offers at all.

I like our chances to hold on to all of these guys, so I'd just assume them get bumped 3-5 points(or offers however you want to rank them) each.