PDA

View Full Version : Lsu game

msstate7
09-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Even though I'm disappointed in our overall play last night, I think it will play out in our favor this week. Our starters played in a contested game for pretty much 60 mins. We now see where we need to improve while lsu will get their first action against an sec team with a green qb in a hostile environment. I think a cake walk last night wouldn't have been as beneficial. I really expect our guys to come out with a huge chip on their shoulders Saturday night.

Coach34
09-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Harris playing his 1st snaps at our place in front of a hostile crowd is to our advantage

jbjones
09-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Even though I'm disappointed in our overall play last night, I think it will play out in our favor this week. Our starters played in a contested game for pretty much 60 mins. We now see where we need to improve while lsu will get their first action against an sec team with a green qb in a hostile environment. I think a cake walk last night wouldn't have been as beneficial. I really expect our guys to come out with a huge chip on their shoulders Saturday night.

I'm disappointed too. However, I've said it before, I sat through an absolute shiat-show in Mobile last year. Walking out of that shiatty stadium I said to my Father, "we're going to get killed in Baton Rouge next week". The Oldman grumbled and said he'd seen enough of MSU football for the season (he's a season ticket holder, he and mom travel from the coast for every home game).

The next week, we beat the shiat out of LSU, in Death Valley. "No one knew what was coming out of that tunnel".

No one knows what's coming out of the M-Club this weekend either. I'll be there to watch us beat them again.

-JB

Leroy Jenkins
09-06-2015, 02:23 PM
The last time LSU played the 1st game of the season on the road vs an SEC team was @ MSU in 2007. Corndogs won 45-0. Man, times have changed.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-06-2015, 02:28 PM
The last time LSU played the 1st game of the season on the road vs an SEC team was @ MSU in 2007. Corndogs won 45-0. Man, times have changed..

jbjones
09-06-2015, 02:35 PM
The last time LSU played the 1st game of the season on the road vs an SEC team was @ MSU in 2007. Corndogs won 45-0. Man, times have changed.

I was there for that one. Was that the 6-pick game for Henig, or the Lee failed-jump-pass to win game?

BulldogBear
09-06-2015, 03:39 PM
I was there for that one. Was that the 6-pick game for Henig, or the Lee failed-jump-pass to win game?

6 picks

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-06-2015, 03:59 PM
I said to my Father, "we're going to get killed in Baton Rouge next week". The Oldman grumbled and said he'd seen enough of MSU football for the season (he's a season ticket holder

I'm glad God is a State fan. Who knew?

It_Could_Happen
09-06-2015, 04:01 PM
We better pray that Calhoun is ready to go because I'm having nightmares of Cleveland covering Malachi Dupree.

jbjones
09-06-2015, 04:19 PM

"My Father", not "Our Father". But yes I'm quite sure Jack is clinking high-ball glasses with Our Father and he is, indeed, a State fan.

-JB

msstate7
09-06-2015, 04:42 PM

Nice

HoopsDawg
09-06-2015, 04:42 PM
I'm disappointed too. However, I've said it before, I sat through an absolute shiat-show in Mobile last year. Walking out of that shiatty stadium I said to my Father, "we're going to get killed in Baton Rouge next week". The Oldman grumbled and said he'd seen enough of MSU football for the season (he's a season ticket holder, he and mom travel from the coast for every home game).

The next week, we beat the shiat out of LSU, in Death Valley. "No one knew what was coming out of that tunnel".

No one knows what's coming out of the M-Club this weekend either. I'll be there to watch us beat them again.

-JB

We dominated South Alabama in Mobile in last year.

msstate7
09-06-2015, 04:51 PM
We dominated South Alabama in Mobile in last year.

We gave up 288 yards passing in that game too though. I remember being extremely worried about all the open receivers much like last night. We gave up 311 last night. In fact the offensive numbers are very similar in these 2 games...

Usm rushing -- 102
Usm passing -- 311
Total -- 413

USA rushing -- 57
USA passing -- 288
Total -- 345

Take that 44 yard run away for usm and you've got...

Usm rushing -- 58
Passing -- 311
Total -- 369

So those games defensively are almost identical except for we gave up 1 long run vs usm.