PDA

View Full Version : Boys, that was Auburn's offense with lesser talent.....OC was under Malzahn last year

beretta
09-06-2015, 08:19 AM
there was note that southern's new OC was under Malzahn last year after GM plucked him from the high school ranks.....southerns offense looked exactly like AU's as well.....we just saw a version of what we will see in a few weeks at Jordan Hare.....except with top 10 talent......Diaz has got to do a better job, or its going to be a long, long season....

Really Clark?
09-06-2015, 09:15 AM
there was note that southern's new OC was under Malzahn last year after GM plucked him from the high school ranks.....southerns offense looked exactly like AU's as well.....we just saw a version of what we will see in a few weeks at Jordan Hare.....except with top 10 talent......Diaz has got to do a better job, or its going to be a long, long season....

That's not exactly right. He was Troy's QB coach in 2010 (learned a lot from that spread system chain of coaches Tony Franklin, Neal Brown, Edenfield) before that he was a high school coach for several years. After Troy he spent 2 years as a high school coach before spending 2013 season at Auburn. He was USM's OC last year as well but Monken was still calling plays. This is OK State offense with elements from several schools including Auburn but honestly there are a lot of overlapping concepts even with what we do.

And Nick Mullins is not running the read option that is the basis of what Malhzan, and us as well, is the most efficient and explosive offensively.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2015, 09:24 AM
That wasn't close to Auburn's offense schematically. That was Ole Miss' offense.

I can always tell when we are playing against Ole Miss' scheme when the TE is wide open and targeted again and again over the middle.

I have zero understanding of why we can't figure out how to defend this play.

bulldawg28
09-06-2015, 09:42 AM
That wasn't close to Auburn's offense schematically. That was Ole Miss' offense.

I can always tell when we are playing against Ole Miss' scheme when the TE is wide open and targeted again and again over the middle.

Our LB'S and Safeties have to get better

Dawgowar
09-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Yeah hearing the words 'Wide Open', 'Middle', and 'Tight End' is beginning to make me twitch involuntarily.

Todd4State
09-06-2015, 10:05 AM

It's because of our safeties poor instincts.