PDA

View Full Version : During the game the were several posts about Richie B. struggling at MLB...

IMissJack
09-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Just a reminder that LSU had to switch MLBs after our game, because the guy they had in for our game was getting mauled. It made a big difference in their D the remainder of the season. This is not a critique of Richie, I'm not a LB coach, just going by what some have posted.

MetEdDawg
09-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Richie is fine. He had 11 total tackles last night and he had a pick. He missed 2 or 3 tackles that I can remember because when he tried to plant his foot slipped and he couldn't recover.

We must have pretty damn high expectations when 11 total tackles and 1 interception isn't good enough for your MLB.

msstate7
09-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Richie is fine. He had 11 total tackles last night and he had a pick. He missed 2 or 3 tackles that I can remember because when he tried to plant his foot slipped and he couldn't recover.

We must have pretty damn high expectations when 11 total tackles and 1 interception isn't good enough for your MLB.

I'm more concerned about when Richie met their rb's that Richie went backwards. I'm not sure he has the stopping power a mlb needs. Hopefully he just had a bad game in that regard

Todd4State
09-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Linebackers need to be Gerri, Beniquez, and Richie. It won't happen because Dan invented football.

GreenheadDawg
09-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Linebackers need to be Gerri, Beniquez, and Richie. It won't happen because Dan invented football.

Exactly. He will trot Zach Jackson out there against LSU and watch LF go in dry, balls deep. I'm sorry but some guys just aren't SEC material. I know that I couldn't play in the SEC and I will admit that, so it's time that Jackson does the same.

archdog
09-06-2015, 06:44 PM
I need to rewatch the game apparently. When our d got up to speed it looked like we held then to 6 points on like 7 possessions in the second half. Game 1 guys. Lets be serious about cleaning up the tackles we missed for next week and move on. Case in point, I didn't see too many times we stunted or mixed up our blitzes too much. The scheme should get more interesting next week.

EdDawg
09-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Last year at LSU Richie had a big stop on the goal line stand. Last night he had at least one stop on the goal line stand. He is very quick and seemed to be all over the field. Now, he did miss some tackles, but that's first game mistakes.

Everyone has first game mistakes. Redmond had a couple bad plays on the ball, again just first game mistakes.

I do believe we will see more of green this week against LSU. We knew southern was a passing team and for some reason the coaches see Jackson as a coverage LB. We know that LSU is not a passing team, that's why we will see more of Green.

Coach34
09-06-2015, 07:31 PM

We cant do this against Spread teams- we would get mauled because of Richie having to cover a slot WR- We can do it against the LSU's and Bammer's though

smootness
09-06-2015, 07:53 PM

This kind of stuff is so stupid.

msstate7
09-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Last year at LSU Richie had a big stop on the goal line stand. Last night he had at least one stop on the goal line stand. He is very quick and seemed to be all over the field. Now, he did miss some tackles, but that's first game mistakes.

Everyone has first game mistakes. Redmond had a couple bad plays on the ball, again just first game mistakes.

I do believe we will see more of green this week against LSU. We knew southern was a passing team and for some reason the coaches see Jackson as a coverage LB. We know that LSU is not a passing team, that's why we will see more of Green.

Looking back at last year's lsu game, I saw Richie had 6 tackles. I freaked out on Richie for some reason... Probably just frustration with the game.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Looking back at last year's lsu game, I saw Richie had 6 tackles. I freaked out on Richie for some reason... Probably just frustration with the game.
I said last night I'm not sold on him as a MLB. I think the position is trending to people along the lines of McKinney. I think we're going to see more 6'5" 250lbs MLB's. I'd like to see Geri given a shot.

missouridawg
09-06-2015, 08:18 PM
He just needs to make the tackles. He was right where he needed to be most of the night. Just need to finish the play.

msstate7
09-06-2015, 08:20 PM
I said last night I'm not sold on him as a MLB. I think the position is trending to people along the lines of McKinney. I think we're going to see more 6'5" 250lbs MLB's. I'd like to see Geri given a shot.

I think Gerri will be given an opportunity, but I do think Richie has value on our defense esp against passing teams