PDA

View Full Version : Some good things from The Mississippi State University's win....

Mutt the Hoople
09-06-2015, 01:44 AM
1. We go into a hostile environment, playing a road game against a team who's playing their biggest Home game in 26 years (the last time we played there). This was their Super Bowl, their National Championship game. We at The Mississippi State University saw it as a preseason game to work out the kinks before beginning our regular season. We got to see what that pressure was like, and we still pulled out an 18 point win.

2. We found a place kicker.

3. Dak Prescott, even when not sharp, can impose his will on a game.

4. LSU cancelled their game tonight, so they play their opener next week against us. The biggest improvement comes between game 1 and game 2. We got our first game out of the way.

5. Fans around America can see tonight's game as the last gasp of a lower-level team in a dying conference playing an elite Power 5 School.

mstatefan91
09-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Love you Mutt

msstate7
09-06-2015, 01:52 AM
I think #4 is a big advantage. Brandon Harris has had 2 starts -- tonight and last year at auburn. Harris only got 2 passes tonight and was abysmal vs auburn last year. I really think our crowd can rattle Harris, but we've got to get lsu into obvious passing downs

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 02:11 AM
I think #4 is a big advantage. Brandon Harris has had 2 starts -- tonight and last year at auburn. Harris only got 2 passes tonight and was abysmal vs auburn last year. I really think our crowd can rattle Harris, but we've got to get lsu into obvious passing downs

After watching our tape every play has become an obvious passing down for LSU. We are baiting them to abandon the run. Atleast that's what I'll tell myself this week.

DancingRabbit
09-06-2015, 02:13 AM
1. We go into a hostile environment, playing a road game against a team who's playing their biggest Home game in 26 years (the last time we played there). This was their Super Bowl, their National Championship game. We at The Mississippi State University saw it as a preseason game to work out the kinks before beginning our regular season. We got to see what that pressure was like, and we still pulled out an 18 point win.

2. We found a place kicker.

3. Dak Prescott, even when not sharp, can impose his will on a game.

4. LSU cancelled their game tonight, so they play their opener next week against us. The biggest improvement comes between game 1 and game 2. We got our first game out of the way.

5. Fans around America can see tonight's game as the last gasp of a lower-level team in a dying conference playing an elite Power 5 School.

I think Nebraska is their real rival. Didn't the Huskers come to Hattiesburg once in the early aughts to offset the 20 times they went to Lincoln.

portis330
09-06-2015, 02:38 AM
Pretty sure #1 Cal and #8 TCU was after 87. I love our trash talking ignorance

Todd4State
09-06-2015, 03:57 AM

I guarantee you that our game with them tonight was bigger to them than those two that you mentioned.

BulldogtheMS
09-06-2015, 05:32 AM

Being a bulldog and having to live in the middle of this delusional(before tonight's game) fan base, I can assure you this was thier biggest game... EVER at mm Roberts. I have never in my life heard this amount of trash talking out of the lowly buzzards. It was comical to see the attitudes change over the course of the game.

Dawgface
09-06-2015, 07:27 AM
#2 is about the only positive I came away with.

Mutt the Hoople
09-06-2015, 07:57 AM
I think Nebraska is their real rival. Didn't the Huskers come to Hattiesburg once in the early aughts to offset the 20 times they went to Lincoln.
They didn't fill up their then-33,000 seat stadium for that game. As for thir Rivalry, this is what I found on Bing:
We did not find any results for USM-Nebraska .
Search tips:
Ensure words are spelled correctly.
Try less specific keywords.
Try rephrasing keywords or using synonyms.
Make your queries as concise as possible.
Add to Favorites

I seen it dawg
09-06-2015, 09:14 AM
No one got hurt

Dawgowar
09-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Mutt - aren't you, if memory serves, married to a Golden Eagle?