PDA

View Full Version : I had hoped for improved safety play

Irondawg
09-06-2015, 01:22 AM
I was quite disappointed. USM was able to work the seams at will for good gains and just like last year they appear invisible. They just don't make plays except when you see then make bad ones.

It's still a major, major weakness and I don't see how the freshman could be any worse.

Nobody looked good back there from my seats the whole night.

msstate7
09-06-2015, 01:24 AM
I bought the hype about Coman, but I'm not sure now

msstate7
09-06-2015, 01:25 AM
Wanna see some mclaurin and peters

GTHOM
09-06-2015, 01:33 AM
Wanna see some mclaurin and peters

Yes Please God Yes

bulldawg28
09-06-2015, 07:53 AM
You can't teach instincts and Coman doesn't seem to have it.

Dawgfan77
09-06-2015, 08:03 AM
It was more on market than coman. Market is small not very fast and is coming off an injury. He is a great team guy but he is just not sec material at safety. Time to play the younger guys. They will make mistakes but they are so much more talented

MetEdDawg
09-06-2015, 08:05 AM
I noticed Brandon Bryant played virtually the entire 2nd half. Wasn't terribly pleased with him, but I think Market and Coman had terrible night. Redmond got beat a couple times too but for the most part I was pleased with his play.

Todd4State
09-06-2015, 08:07 AM
I bought the hype about Coman, but I'm not sure now

I was hoping the hype on Coman meant Manny would scheme to cover him up. Agree with you on Peters and McLaurin.

defiantdog
09-06-2015, 08:38 AM
I noticed Brandon Bryant played virtually the entire 2nd half. Wasn't terribly pleased with him, but I think Market and Coman had terrible night. Redmond got beat a couple times too but for the most part I was pleased with his play.

Give Bryant time..... He's gotta catch up to speed first. He was just trying to not let anyone get behind him. I really hope McLaurin and Peters develop faster. They're both super aggressive, and that's what we need.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-06-2015, 08:40 AM

In my opinion, it was the schemes that were exposed rather than the players. The Dline was sluggish from the humidity and playing 26 minutes in the first half. Redmond is and looked very well. He was hardly even targeted. He had like 2 balls caught on him and one was the trick play, which is great considering he had no safety help they let him go one on one.