PDA

View Full Version : Game thoughts

EdDawg
09-06-2015, 01:07 AM
Here are my thoughts on the game.

We played awful period.

Now that that's out of the way, let's discuss what actually happened.

If shump holds onto the ball it's a blowout, but he didn't. After that our offense never got a chance to get in rhythm.
Defense didn't look bad. It was pretty obvious Diaz was not showing ANYTHING! I mean he is an attacking style guy and we blitzed very little the whole game.

Dak was off all night. The thing I noticed was that he didn't make many terrible decisions, it was just his timing and accuracy that was off.

Holloway ran the ball too much. Those runs will work against USM but not against SEC teams. We will miss JRob and need for someone to emerge out of shumpert, lee, and Williams.

The receivers dropped several passes, but daks timing had a lot to do with this as well.

The oline wasn't as bad as many people make it seem Dak had time on most throws, even bad teams get sacks and pressure against good olines. Now I'm not saying our oline is great, but it won't be as bad as people are saying.

I was pleasantly surprised by our dline. Jefferson, brown, and jones played really well. We don't have anything to worry about with them.

Our secondary miscues were a result of Diaz playing vanilla and not blitzing.

Is graves our guy at kicker? He looked solid all night.

Lastly, the stadium was dead. There was no energy for our guys to build on. Many of our guys showed no emotion, because there was no energy, emotion, no nothing in the stadium. I almost fell asleep during the 4th quarter.

Next week the stadium will be electric and plenty of energy for our guys to build off of.