PDA

View Full Version : I guess you can really spin this game if you are so inclined...

HoopsDawg
09-06-2015, 12:48 AM
1. absurdly late start on the road
2. USM is improved
3. We didn't run Dak in the first half, we didn't have many snaps, he was off on some easy throws, and we still won easily
4. Fluke stuff happened: onside kick by USM, we fumble on the goal line, we muff a punt, and USM with the trick play
5. Calhoun didn't play

Here are my concerns:
1. MLB had some missed tackles and didn't finish some plays
2. Left Tackle got abused on 2 plays. I'm assuming he wasn't going against an SEC caliber DE
3. Still really soft in the middle of the field against the pass
4. Appears to be a pretty big dropoff from the 1's to the 2's on the D-line
5. RB production was sub-par to say the least
6. WR, a major strength I thought, really didn't get separation and make big plays like I expected

Got a week to clean it up. So glad LSU didn't get to play. Brandon Harris comes into Starkville still lacking the reps. They say you make the biggest improvement from Week 1 to Week 2. Well, we left a lot of room for improvement.

DancingRabbit
09-06-2015, 12:58 AM
I don't think you can take too much from it either way. Plenty of teachable coaching material.

I think we were looking ahead a little bit, and the early turnovers made it look ugly. It will be a battle next week and turnovers could decide the game.

Hopefully we got some crap out of our system.

Hypnodawg
09-06-2015, 11:45 AM
1. absurdly late start on the road
2. USM is improved
3. We didn't run Dak in the first half, we didn't have many snaps, he was off on some easy throws, and we still won easily
4. Fluke stuff happened: onside kick by USM, we fumble on the goal line, we muff a punt, and USM with the trick play
5. Calhoun didn't play

Here are my concerns:
1. MLB had some missed tackles and didn't finish some plays
2. Left Tackle got abused on 2 plays. I'm assuming he wasn't going against an SEC caliber DE
3. Still really soft in the middle of the field against the pass
4. Appears to be a pretty big dropoff from the 1's to the 2's on the D-line
5. RB production was sub-par to say the least
6. WR, a major strength I thought, really didn't get separation and make big plays like I expected

Got a week to clean it up. So glad LSU didn't get to play. Brandon Harris comes into Starkville still lacking the reps. They say you make the biggest improvement from Week 1 to Week 2. Well, we left a lot of room for improvement.
Rb production was sub par.... That's unpossible. I read on this very board, over and over, how jrob leaving wouldn't even be noticed. Shump is no jrob and that lazy ass run that cost us a touch down better have him running laps until he pukes.