PDA

View Full Version : So, you young pups.....

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2015, 12:45 AM
got to see why many of us old dawgs thought that Byrne scheduling USM was grounds for dismissal. We get nothing at all for beating them, NOTHING. We won the game, but lost tonight. Even when they WERE good, that was still the case. We should never play them in ANYTHiNG, but if we ever play them in football again, Strickland needs to go. That extends higher up if it needs too.

mstatefan91
09-06-2015, 12:49 AM
I certainly didn't expect the game to go this way. Admitedly, the shump fumble, muffed punt, and onside kick set the tone for the entire game.

MetEdDawg
09-06-2015, 12:51 AM
I hope we are done scheduling road games against CUSA opponents. That crap has to end. We are too good to be doing that kind of stuff. We are setting ourselves up to screw around and lose one of those. Pay the extra money and do a one time deal if necessary. 2 for 1 is not worth it. I hate losing the potential home revenue for a game like this.

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2015, 01:21 AM
If we ever do that with CUSA teams again, it better not be with USM. We won the game but they gained a lot more from that game tonight than we did. Those of us who were around in the late 70s and early 80s knew that was how it worked. Perhaps it's a good thing that Strickland, Mullen, and Keenum got to see it without the real damage of a loss to them. They, for people in powerful postions, are still pretty young. If we ever play USM again in football they are idiots. I would prefer we never play them in anything again. They derive ALL the benefit from it, win or lose.

SDDawg
09-06-2015, 02:15 AM
I don't mind playing the in basketball, but 100% agree on football. If we had won 70 - 0 it wouldn't help us a bit.

DancingRabbit
09-06-2015, 02:29 AM
I agree that we shouldn't play them again - but it did help us in that it provided plenty of teaching material for the coaches.

Reason2succeed
09-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Since we have to play a Power 5 every year we will have some semblance of respectability. I vote that we go back to playing HBCUs like Jackson State and Alcorn. It's an easy win and their band's halftime show and the cultural diversity actually adds to the game day experience.