BeastMan
04-03-2013, 09:27 AM
http://3rdand57.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/tuesday-practice-notes-and-thoughts/

Coach34
04-03-2013, 09:38 AM
great job Steve....thanks

Coach34
04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
How good are we going to be at inside LB in 2014 with McKinney and Richie Brown there? Those two could be special playing together for two years unless McKinney goes off and leaves early

BeastMan
04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
How good are we going to be at inside LB in 2014 with McKinney and Richie Brown there? Those to could be special playing together for two years unless McKinney goes off and leaves early

LB looks set for the future. McKinney is a future NFL guy no question. The biggest thing that jumps out about Richie is how fast he is. You also can't forget about Ferlando Bohanna who is having a nice spring as well

Coach34
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
can't forget about Ferlando Bohanna who is having a nice spring as well

I'm afraid Ferlando and AJ Jefferson are going to be career back-ups because of McKinney and then AJ being behind Autry/Chris Jones...both will be solid players when on the field- they just have the bad luck of being behind future NFL players

FISHDAWG
04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
great report Beast - thanks ... was glad to hear your observations about N. Whitley ... I was afraid he might not return to his former play but it's sounding like he's getting back to his previous level ... loved the note about N James having a good time - any notes on Quay ?

slickdawg
04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Steve - thank you for taking the time to a) go to practice and b) write it up. I know many appreciate the effort.

BeastMan
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
great report Beast - thanks ... was glad to hear your observations about N. Whitley ... I was afraid he might not return to his former play but it's sounding like he's getting back to his previous level ... loved the note about N James having a good time - any notes on Quay ?

Quay and Virges both had fairly quiete days yesterday. Keep in mind I'm basing that mostly on scrimmage. When they were in position group stuff on the other side of the field, they coulda had good days, I just couldn't see that far. The main thing I'm noticing is that Nick is raising his game

BeastMan
04-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Steve - thank you for taking the time to a) go to practice and b) write it up. I know many appreciate the effort.

I enjoy it so there's nothing to it

ComradeDawg
04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Man, it sounds like Dan really has the kids motivated. I'm really looking forward to seeing us play/win some revenge games from last year.

I want the bears and LSU bad. I would love to smack bama in the mouth, but we just dont have the horses yet.

FlabLoser
04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
I want the bears and LSU bad. I would love to smack bama in the mouth, but we just dont have the horses yet.

We might. Wait and see. We have to hope 1) the defense is as good as we think, 2) the OL stays healthy, and 3) our newer & bigger WR people step up.

Right now I am 50-50 that we could have a 5-7 season or have a winning season with a couple of impressive W's over OSU and LSU type teams.

ComradeDawg
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
have a winning season with a couple of impressive W's over OSU and LSU type teams.

From your lips...

CadaverDawg
04-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks Steve. Nice write up. Are you going to be doing this all the way through practices up to the season? If so, this is going to be a great read day in and day out.

Thanks again

BeastMan
04-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks Steve. Nice write up. Are you going to be doing this all the way through practices up to the season? If so, this is going to be a great read day in and day out.

Thanks again

I wish I could but its schedule dependent. For instance I won't be at Saturdays due to engagement photo shoot in Jackson. I'll go to as many as I can

CadaverDawg
04-03-2013, 10:47 AM
I wish I could but its schedule dependent. For instance I won't be at Saturdays due to engagement photo shoot in Jackson. I'll go to as many as I can

That'll work. Just glad to get one every now and then so we will have an idea of who is stepping up. Thanks again

col. forbin
04-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Great stuff. I am really anxious to see Matt Wells this year. I believe Paul said in his notes yesterday that he almost caught Perk on a 75 yrd TD run. Even though he didn't catch him that is damn impressive for a LB to even come close.

TrueMaroon
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I thought this was perhaps the most significant thing I read:

"don?t think anyone has more fun playing football than Nick James"

If he can stay happy, maybe he'll get everything off the field figured out and into the animal we know he can be.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Quay and Virges both had fairly quiete days yesterday. Keep in mind I'm basing that mostly on scrimmage. When they were in position group stuff on the other side of the field, they coulda had good days, I just couldn't see that far. The main thing I'm noticing is that Nick is raising his game

In regards to Quay...

I haven't read many articles about Spring Practice to this point. What comments, if any, have come out about Quay this Spring so far? Any word on whether he seems to have found that light switch like we are hoping Nick James has? Or is Quay not quite there yet?

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2013, 12:57 PM
I enjoy it so there's nothing to it

Thanks again... I used to do the same and post on BDJ for Wardlaw/Paul and know how much effort it takes especially trying to watch different groups when split up.