PDA

View Full Version : Well.....

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2015, 12:36 AM
It's going to be a win. I haven't seen anyone hurt. That fulfills my real wants from this game. That being said if we play like this the rest of the way out 6-6 is a tough but attainable goal. We HAVE to play better if we want to prove the media narrative wrong about us. My thoughts on what I saw: Shump ain't even close to being an SEC back. That was my thought when I saw him in high school. I hope he proves me wrong, I know his family and they, and him, are good people. That won't change no matter what he does on the football field. The oline is still, a huge question mark, as we all, knew it would be. Despite what I have posted tonight I'm going to write this one off. We find out what we really have next week. I see no reason for optimism, but I didn't last yeR going to Red Stick last year either. I'll be there to see it. GO DAWGS!

MetEdDawg
09-06-2015, 12:42 AM
It's going to be a win. I haven't seen anyone hurt. That fulfills my real wants from this game. That being said if we play like this the rest of the way out 6-6 is a tough but attainable goal. We HAVE to play better if we want to prove the media narrative wrong about us. My thoughts on what I saw: Shump ain't even close to being an SEC back. That was my thought when I saw him in high school. I hope he proves me wrong, I know his family and they, and him, are good people. That won't change no matter what he does on the football field. The oline is still, a huge question mark, as we all, knew it would be. Despite what I have posted tonight I'm going to write this one off. We find out what we really have next week. I see no reason for optimism, but I didn't last yeR going to Red Stick last year either. I'll be there to see it. GO DAWGS!

Here's my thing. That was probably one of the craziest 1st quarters I've seen in a while. We had the ball for less than 2 minutes. We fumbled at the goal line, we muffed a punt, and they recovered an onside kick. I believe our defense went three consecutive series without us taking an offensive snap. We forced the punt, it got muffed and USM scored. Then Holloway ran the kick off back and we had to trot right back out there again and play defense again.

As far as personnel goes, surprised we didn't see Jenkins at LT until the last 2 plays. Rufus was awful. Dak obviously was off but he found it at the end. DL was good, especially Brown and Jefferson. LBs need to get better and Zac Jack doesn't ever need to see the field again. DB's and safeties were pretty piss poor.

And a side note, but did Bear's attitude rub anyone else the wrong way? Body language was all wrong to me and it kinda made me mad. After that long pass that set up the last TD he just got up like nothing happened and just kinda walked back to wherever he was supposed to go with this really crappy looking body language. Did that multiple times.

gravedigger
09-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Ill say simply this:

We won inspite of giving a much improved team every break we possibly could on their homefield by 3 scores. On to the next game.

Yall let it go.

bluelightstar
09-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Seriously, we played terribly and I hope we don't pull this again next week. But we literally did everything wrong -- dropped passes, missed open guys, turned the ball over, had poorly-timed penalties, etc. and we did win by 18. It wasn't an ideal game by any stretch, but that game was Murphy's law to the extreme.

mparkerfd20
09-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Yall let it go.

Amen to that. But you know these guys won't.

TXDawg
09-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Bear may have had bad body language, but he made at least 3 crucial down-field blocks. He doesn't make those if his head isn't on straight. I'm OK with where Bear is - except for the couple of drops he had.

BeardoMSU
09-06-2015, 12:48 AM
Ill say simply this:

We won inspite of giving a much improved team every break we possibly could on their homefield by 3 scores. On to the next game.

Yall let it go.

Well said, digger.

mstatefan91
09-06-2015, 01:00 AM
Hard to let it go when it's still fresh on the mind.

The biggest thing that stood out to me was that Dak just looked way off tonight. Over throwing, not on the same page as the receivers, and generally no rallying of the troops to get it together.

He would screw up, go to the sideline, and start joking around. I don't get that. He should have been furious with the way he and his receivers were playing.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Hard to let it go when it's still fresh on the mind.

The biggest thing that stood out to me was that Dak just looked way off tonight. Over throwing, not on the same page as the receivers, and generally no rallying of the troops to get it together.

He would screw up, go to the sideline, and start joking around. I don't get that. He should have been furious with the way he and his receivers were playing.

It's fine. Dak's a professional & doesn't panic. He's the last guy I'm worried about

mstatefan91
09-06-2015, 01:08 AM
It's fine. Dak's a professional & doesn't panic. He's the last guy I'm worried about
Just rubbed me the wrong way. It'll be fine. I'm letting it go

DancingRabbit
09-06-2015, 01:08 AM
I'm not taking too much either way from this game. Hopefully we'll clean up some stuff and beat the corndogs. If we don't it will be a long year.

Irondawg
09-06-2015, 01:15 AM
Let's go back to the original post. Shump is not an NFL feature back. He's just not. Great blocker, good hands but as I have said since the spring, he just doesn't have a lot of playmaking ability. His block reading and cutting abilty are way below most backs. He has a role on this team but if we want an effective ground game it's going to have to be Williams, Lee or Dear providing it.

I also hoped we has lost the part of the playbook where you run your small back up the gut multiple times