PDA

View Full Version : Dak's Passing:

Dawgology
09-05-2015, 11:34 PM
What up with that? Looks worse than last year.

Dawgology
09-05-2015, 11:39 PM
On the flip side, though, our FG kicking looks pretty good so far.

Liverpooldawg
09-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Be honest: Dak, like the rest of the team, has looked like total crap. The team has been listening to our fans.

mstatefan91
09-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Looks like our boys thought this one was in the bag before stepping in the field. Joking and laughing on the sideline. Even the coaches. Just weird

messageboardsuperhero
09-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Be honest: Dak, like the rest of the team, has looked like total crap. The team has been listening to our fans.

Yep. We have looked like the worst team in the SECW today.

MetEdDawg
09-05-2015, 11:42 PM
I think it's the artificial turf. We look slow all around and I swear it's the artificial turf. We can't grip the ground very well so everything we are doing seems slow and off.

I fully believe that makes a difference and I think it's factoring into his ability to really dig into the ground and make solid throws.

DudyDawg
09-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Yeah, this shit is probably on the texture of the field

MetEdDawg
09-05-2015, 11:48 PM

It looks bad on tv. My high school's artificial turf looks better than what they are playing on. And the first time we've stepped on it was today. It makes a difference for sure.

DudyDawg
09-05-2015, 11:53 PM
It looks bad on tv. My high school's artificial turf looks better than what they are playing on. And the first time we've stepped on it was today. It makes a difference for sure.

Good God. It's southern miss

MetEdDawg
09-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Good God. It's southern miss

Not disagreeing that we should be doing better, but an offense like ours that deals more with consistency and execution than just beating people on big plays can be thrown off by that kind of stuff.

Now I'm not happy and we've had a crap ton of mistakes, but to be shitting on the team after a not so great performance in game 1 doesn't make sense. And for the record, this is why schools like us don't play teams like this, especially on the damn road.

Behrdawg
09-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Are you guys seriously blaming the turf? I mean really? GTFO of here with that shit. It's mental errors. You guys sound like a bunch of damn kids crying because you didn't get sprinkles on your ice cream.

DudyDawg
09-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Not disagreeing that we should be doing better, but an offense like ours that deals more with consistency and execution than just beating people on big plays can be thrown off by that kind of stuff.

Now I'm not happy and we've had a crap ton of mistakes, but to be shitting on the team after a not so great performance in game 1 doesn't make sense. And for the record, this is why schools like us don't play teams like this, especially on the damn road.

Just pointing out our terrible spots in the only evidence we have as to what we will be. Still think we can fight for a top spot in the west. But that doesn't trump the fact that, on the field, we've looked like absolute shit. And it isn't cause the turf or bc we are on the road.

mstatefan91
09-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Dak looks like he's regressed in his touch. Timing is off on nearly every play.

Dawgology
09-06-2015, 12:06 AM
A host of dropped passes and over/under thrown passes. Fumbles and turnovers. Sloppy sloppy play on our part

DudyDawg
09-06-2015, 12:10 AM
A host of dropped passes and over/under thrown passes. Fumbles and turnovers. Sloppy sloppy play on our part

Bad all around. I think the only people playing okay are the two d ends

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2015, 12:12 AM
It ain't the turf, good lord. We won't see a worse team all year. If we play this bad the rest of the year, 4 wins is the best we can do, period.

MetEdDawg
09-06-2015, 12:14 AM
It ain't the turf, good lord. We won't see a worse team all year. If we play this bad the rest of the year, 4 wins is the best we can do, period.

So Northwestern State is better? You've got to be kidding me. Calm the 17 down. 9 o clock game in Hattiesburg with a bunch of fluke shit. Goal line fumble, onside kick recovery, botched punt, offense had the ball less than 2 minutes in the 1st quarter. It's not going to go that way next week.

Behrdawg
09-06-2015, 12:16 AM
Nope. But the turf will be bad next week**

cheewgumm
09-06-2015, 12:18 AM
He's throwing everything high.... Perfect for DeRunya... Terrible for everyone else

Liverpooldawg
09-06-2015, 12:19 AM
I don't care what time we played or how bad USM is, or how good they are,we have looked BAD tonight. We very well may turn it around. BUT I don't care who you are, even if you are Mr. sunshine like I usually am, we looked like crap against a bad team tonight. So was UAB last year.

DudyDawg
09-06-2015, 12:20 AM
So Northwestern State is better? You've got to be kidding me. Calm the 17 down. 9 o clock game in Hattiesburg with a bunch of fluke shit. Goal line fumble, onside kick recovery, botched punt, offense had the ball less than 2 minutes in the 1st quarter. It's not going to go that way next week.

Shit just cause it won't happen next week doesn't mean the team and Dan don't need to get greif for this shit show. Flukes aren't getting them a 6 yard bubble on third down passes. We got problems. Doesn't mean we can't fix em. But we got some to fix

MetEdDawg
09-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Nope. But the turf will be bad next week**

Hilarious. We will be at home on our own field. If you don't think turf makes a difference then you are just ignorant, especially if you practice on turf and play on artificial.

Just don't post if we suck so damn bad. This game was crazy. It's stupid to even have this conversation. We all thought we sucked after UAB last year too. 10-2 bitches. Calm the 17 down and quit overreacting.

messageboardsuperhero
09-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Dak looked much sharper that drive. What I expected to see all night.

MetEdDawg
09-06-2015, 12:22 AM
Shit just cause it won't happen next week doesn't mean the team and Dan don't need to get greif for this shit show. Flukes aren't getting them a 6 yard bubble on third down passes. We got problems. Doesn't mean we can't fix em. But we got some to fix

I don't disagree at all. We have looked like garbage. We haven't executed across the board tonight and it's made this team look pretty bad. But I think some are taking this entirely too far.

Behrdawg
09-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Hilarious. We will be at home on our own field. If you don't think turf makes a difference then you are just ignorant, especially if you practice on turf and play on artificial.

Just don't post if we suck so damn bad. This game was crazy. It's stupid to even have this conversation. We all thought we sucked after UAB last year too. 10-2 bitches. Calm the 17 down and quit overreacting.

What the hell do you think is in our indoor practice facility? Posters like you are what makes message boards nearly unbearable.

smootness
09-06-2015, 12:26 AM
I don't disagree at all. We have looked like garbage. We haven't executed across the board tonight and it's made this team look pretty bad. But I think some are taking this entirely too far.

Fully agreed.

DudyDawg
09-06-2015, 12:28 AM
If you don't think turf makes a difference then you are just ignorant, especially if you practice on turf and play on turf.

If only we had a turf practice field.....

DudyDawg
09-06-2015, 12:29 AM

Agree with this. Horrible game. And by far no damn excuses for it. But the season isn't over.

BossDawg
09-06-2015, 12:30 AM

To his defense, we pretty much play the same way when we play at OM. It's like it makes us a step slower.

Either way, the way we played tonight against USM......US damn M.....has me concerned. I'm trying to justify it as first game jitters, playing vanilla, road game, etc..etc...but I'm definitely not as excited now about the season. That left a bad taste in my mouth, and it is embarrassing.

DudyDawg
09-06-2015, 12:33 AM
To his defense, we pretty much play the same way when we play at OM. It's like it makes us a step slower.

If only we had a turf practice field.....

MetEdDawg
09-06-2015, 12:34 AM

This is exactly why I made that comment. We looked slow last year on their surface and we ALWAYS look slow there. In that game Dak was off, we missed a ton of tackles, and got beat on the edge in the passing game. Looked exactly like tonight except OM has better athletes.

DudyDawg
09-06-2015, 12:39 AM
This is exactly why I made that comment. We looked slow last year on their surface and we ALWAYS look slow there. In that game Dak was off, we missed a ton of tackles, and got beat on the edge in the passing game. Looked exactly like tonight except OM has better athletes.
But that still isn't an excuse. We have a practice field made of it. No excuse

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 01:09 AM
I blame Adidas for not giving us ice skates. USM turf is ****ing garbage. I'd rather play on dirt.

Irondawg
09-06-2015, 01:10 AM
I was there and dak was simply bad tonight. He had row really bad drops from Ross but he made some flat out twrrible throws on balls that should be complete almost all the time, like a couple of swing routes that were nowhere close.

His NFL stock took a hit with that game film. Hopefully he can pick it up

Reason2succeed
09-06-2015, 07:31 AM
I noticed that Dak lost his clear visor early in the game. I never paidattentionto I he got it back on. If that was a prescription visor that COULD have thrown off his hand eye coordination. I'm no worries though. I think we have a lotto work on this week and they will great focusing practice.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-06-2015, 07:57 AM
I noticed that Dak lost his clear visor early in the game. I never paidattentionto I he got it back on. If that was a prescription visor that COULD have thrown off his hand eye coordination. I'm no worries though. I think we have a lotto work on this week and they will great focusing practice.

Saw that too...he came out from halftime without it and seemed to play better in the second half. Are there really prescription visors?

DudyDawg
09-06-2015, 10:08 AM
It got broken on a run. He tried to fool with it, played another down, then tossed it off bc he couldn't fix it on the field. Probably just said screw it and didn't put it back on. Had nothing to do with his terrible play

TaleofTwoDogs
09-06-2015, 10:26 AM
we looked like crap against a bad team tonight.

I hate post like this. What game were you watching or did you even watch the game? Southern played a hell of a game, they reminded me of last year's Kentucky squad - good just not good enough. They are a solid team this year and should make some noise in CUSA if they play like that on a consistent basis. It's quite evident that both teams are different this year. Unfortunately we are going in the wrong direction. Hopefully, the coaches can work this shit out against LSU and make a game of it.

bulldawg28
09-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Saw that too...he came out from halftime without it and seemed to play better in the second half. Are there really prescription visors?

No. However, they will fog up with any moisture or sweat. It's probably better he not have it but I understand it's probably because someone probably tried to poke him in the eye last year.

aerodawg
09-06-2015, 03:18 PM
What up with that? Looks worse than last year.

58%, 237 Yards, 2 Touchdowns, no Interceptions.

Fairly equivalent to his averages last year. Lets be real, on at least 4 of those incompletions he would have tucked the ball and ran for what the defense would have given him. There were 3-4 easily catch-able dropped balls. One was a Hail Mary before the half (which I'm glad to see we aren't taking knees in those situations this year). He made about 5 bad throws with only one of them putting the ball in danger because he didn't see the defender (the ball would have hit the receiver right in the chest so accuracy on that one was not an issue).

He definitely needs to tighten up on those overthrows but it is a far cry from regression.

HancockCountyDog
09-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Im going to chalk it up to a bad passing day. I suggest you do that as well. Now if it happens again against the Tigahs.............

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Im going to chalk it up to a bad passing day. I suggest you do that as well. Now if it happens again against the Tigahs.............

To me, Dak looked like a pitcher that didn't like the mound he was pitching off of last night. Not trying to make excuses, but the field appeared slick to me & I don't think Dak trusted his feet last night & felt comfortable driving the football off, what he felt, was an unsure surface.

High throws are very typical of QB's throwing on slick surface due to them shortening up their stride & not stepping into their throws. Again, I have no proof of this & you'll never hear Dak make an excuse like this, but it stood out to me during the game.

My guess is that next weekend, he will much more comfortable with his throwing base & step into his throws with conviction.

HancockCountyDog
09-06-2015, 03:28 PM
To me, Dak looked like a pitcher that didn't like the mound he was pitching off of last night. Not trying to make excuses, but the field appeared slick to me & I don't think Dak trusted his feet last night & felt comfortable driving the football off, what he felt, was an unsure surface.

High throws are very typical of QB's throwing on slick surface due to them shortening up their stride & not stepping into their throws. Again, I have no proof of this & you'll never hear Dak make an excuse like this, but it stood out to me during the game.

My guess is that next weekend, he will much more comfortable with his throwing base & step into his throws with conviction.

Maybe so, i guess the USM guy was more used to it? I don't know maybe it was that, but if a bear tried to make that excuse as to why machine gun kelly had an off game, Id make fun of his lacoste wearing ass until he wept.

defiantdog
09-06-2015, 03:30 PM
For those that think Dak looked awful with his missed passes and so on, let me refresh you on another heisman hopeful who had a bad day. Jeremy Johnson's stats were 11/21 for 137 yards passing, 1 TD, and 3 INTs. Dak was 22/38 with 237 yards passing, 2 TD's, and 0 INTs. The only thing I'm envious of Johnson is, he only threw the ball 21 times. Dak is going to be Dak. He's not going to light teams up with his arm. He's not going to make every screen pass, downfield pass, or even open pass. He's always been known to throw some wobbly throws and even pitch an option play behind the running back. But..... he's going to give us nearly 100 yards rushing every game, he's going to fight for every yard, and he's going to extend plays. Our team is built to run. We don't need to start throwing the ball 38 times a game.

defiantdog
09-06-2015, 03:38 PM

He'll be focusing on fundamentals this week. When a QB shortens their stride, it actually causes them to put the ball in the turf more often. Usually mobile qb's have this issue. Dak was over throwing the ball because he was too comfortable in the pocket. He had a long stance and stride and remained flat footed for the most part. This didn't affect him as much on throws down the field since he could adjust with his motion. But during a quick out pass, his long stride caused him to release the ball too soon (probably rushing the pass). He'll work on fundamentals this week and patch every issue with film study.

blacklistedbully
09-06-2015, 03:39 PM

HO-LEE-SHIT! Do you EVER have a positive thing to say about our team? Seriously, every damn post I've seen of yours in EVERY thread is whine-piled-on-top-of-whine-piled-on-top-of-whine.

EVERYBODY knows we didn't play well overall last night. Anybody with common sense knows mistakes need to be cleaned up, but also knows our vanilla game plan versus an over-matched opponent contributed to the less-than-stellar performance.

But your constant doom-and-gloom bullshit, and tearing down of our team after THE FIRST GAME, a game we won by 18, and should have won by at least 32 (Shump's fumble and Ross's dropped pass), is beyond annoying.

While this board encourages debate, and most of us respect rights to opinions, etc, there does come a point where your over-the-top negativity is going to invite posts like this, and will quite likely eventually cost you credibility.

You have made your point over and over, and in multiple threads, Chicken Little. You think we suck, and are headed for a disastrous season. Do you really think you need to continue bleating it again and again, in thread after thread?

If you have so little faith in our team going forward, I'd suggest you, "take the season off" or go find another team to root for. Your act is getting old here, IMO.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Maybe so, i guess the USM guy was more used to it? I don't know maybe it was that, but if a bear tried to make that excuse as to why machine gun kelly had an off game, Id make fun of his lacoste wearing ass until he wept.

I agree, but we are nitpicking here. As "off" as Dak looked like night, his 60% completion percentage, 2 TDs, & 237 yards passing are something that 99% of college teams in the country would sign up for.