PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the LSU game from last year...

Statefan
07-17-2013, 10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQfB8oHTicU (if you want to watch it)

Definitely gives a taste of what is possible if Tyler makes some strides this offseason and can come out and produce like this every single game. 26/38 with 295 yards through the air against one of the best defenses in the league. Also, a nice Tebow-esque TD by Dak in the first and a good game from Griffin. Gotta wonder what would have changed if Perkins had been available.

If there is ever a year where we can beat LSU, it's gotta be this one. Hopefully it happens and people realize Mullen is capable of beating the top teams in the league

FlabLoser
07-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Gotta wonder what if Milton doesn't bobble that lateral. That killed the game.

That and some Wilson defense. You can't just read and wait for a LSU or Bama to beat themselves on offense.

Coach34
07-17-2013, 10:59 PM

That fumble definitely changed the game. But I dont wholely blame Milton- I blame Mullen and Les. You can't play 3 ****ing RB's- you have to play 2. Milton had been on the sidelines for an hour since warm-ups before that carry. Settle on 2 RB's and let's go

CadaverDawg
07-17-2013, 11:55 PM
That first TD drive was a thing of absolute beauty. I stopped watching after re watching that. Got a bit wooly.

Todd4State
07-18-2013, 12:02 AM

That and some Wilson defense. You can't just read and wait for a LSU or Bama to beat themselves on offense.

I blame Wilson just as much. We were in the game, and at the end of the half we played our soft ass zone and LSU scored a late TD to make a 10 point lead (I think) instead of a 3 point lead for LSU with us getting the ball to start the second half. And then yes, the fumble was a big play after that- but those two things were a 14 point swing that killed us.

messageboardsuperhero
07-18-2013, 01:22 AM
Nick Griffin had a hell of a block on that drive to prevent a sack. I hate that he's had injury problems. Griffin seems like a really selfless and hard working guy.

FlabLoser
07-18-2013, 06:42 AM
Nick Griffin had a hell of a block on that drive to prevent a sack. I hate that he's had injury problems. Griffin seems like a really selfless and hard working guy.

Absolutely. Griffin has size, speed, strength, and will hit you in the mouth. He imposed his will on tacklers. He is a prototypyical MSU RB. I badly hated to see him get hurt again. I hope he comes back 100%.

msstate7
07-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Absolutely. Griffin has size, speed, strength, and will hit you in the mouth. He imposed his will on tacklers. He is a prototypyical MSU RB. I badly hated to see him get hurt again. I hope he comes back 100%.

Will he be back this season or next?

hailmari
07-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Last I heard, he's coming along nicely. He tweeted recently about having to run the stadium early in the morning, so I guess he's well enough to do that at least.

Hump4Hoops
07-18-2013, 07:21 AM
We have the problem of having 4 legitimate RBs, and we can/should only play 2 - and with so many of our WRs gone, it's going to suck that we won't move Perk to the slot, and will keep forcing him up the middle instead.

PMDawg
07-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Perkins can run the middle, if the holes are there. Last year, the run blocking hurt us against the better defenses. Plain and simple.

msstate7
07-18-2013, 08:00 AM
We have the problem of having 4 legitimate RBs, and we can/should only play 2 - and with so many of our WRs gone, it's going to suck that we won't move Perk to the slot, and will keep forcing him up the middle instead.

I like Perkins running the ball some, but I would love to see him stay on the field with Robinson more. Perkins could play the slot along with rb

FISHDAWG
07-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Milton's fumble def hurt our momentum and gave them an easy score but didn't put us completely out of the game ... late in the game it was still close and down in the red zone Tyler threw a pic-6 ... I think that was what made us give up the ghost

SaltyDawg
07-18-2013, 11:05 AM

Big Nick Griffin fan, would love to see what he can do when healthy.

Pollodawg
07-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I blame Wilson for this game. Tyler was 26-38 for 295 with a TD and a pick. It was a bad pick, but it was on an otherwise flawless night for TR. Bump had a 148 yards on his own. That TD we gave up just before half hurt us. We came out in the second and answered on an absolutely beautiful td pass to Bump in the corner of the endzone if I am not mistaken.

However, I will say this: Anytime you have stats like that and only put up 17 points, there seems to be an offensive issue there as well. We have to get more production in the redzone, and how do you do that? Better running.