PDA

View Full Version : Here's what Ole Miss does on D that I like....

HoopsDawg
09-05-2015, 01:26 PM
they start Elston, Hilton and Conner to go along with their 2 corners Bridges and Shepard. So that's 5 guys that can really cover and they are in on every play. Basically we start Z. Jackson instead of Conner and some of our safeties don't have corner skills.

Then Ole Miss has a lot of talent in their 2deep on the front 4. And they have a little more speed off the edge in Haynes, Ward, CJ Johnson and Fadol Brown.

msstate7
09-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Helps with pass. Makes them vulnerable vs power teams

Alldawg
09-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Not really. Elston, Hilton, and Conner all all physical

ShotgunDawg
09-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Ole Miss is vulnerable to the run, but you have to be patient. They have the quickness to tackle you for a loss as well. You have to be physical and go right at them.

SDDawg
09-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Tony Conner is the only thing about the Ole Miss defense that I'm really envious of. No shame in admitting that, a guy with his ball skills and physical abilities would be a game changer for us. Other than that, I'm not too impressed and neither was TCU.

HoopsDawg
09-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Not really. Elston, Hilton, and Conner all all physical

Yes really. Elston started at Corner last year. Hilton has played corner. And Conner could play corner if he had too.

Last year, we had Z Jackson, Deonte Evans and Market on the field together a lot. None could play corner. Neither could Market.

NCDawg
09-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Tony Conner is the only thing about the Ole Miss defense that I'm really envious of. No shame in admitting that, a guy with his ball skills and physical abilities would be a game changer for us. Other than that, I'm not too impressed and neither was TCU.

Yeah, I thought we had a shot at Conner when we hired Deshea Townsend. Guess the Panola County crowd was too influential.

UMCDawg16
09-05-2015, 01:48 PM
The 4-2-5 defense doesn't hold up against power run teams. I'll take our scheme everyday. It's why we are always so good on run D.

BeardoMSU
09-05-2015, 01:58 PM
The 4-2-5 defense doesn't hold up against power run teams.

Yet, it made us look clownish. We sure as shit didn't scheme well for them last year. Needs to be better this year.

HoopsDawg
09-05-2015, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=UMCDawg16;405145]The 4-2-5 defense doesn't hold up against power run teams. I'll take our scheme everyday. It's why we are always so good on run D.[/Q

It wouldn't be too hard to plug in Gerri Green at OLB for Jamal Peters against LSU and Arky.

defiantdog
09-05-2015, 02:34 PM
they start Elston, Hilton and Conner to go along with their 2 corners Bridges and Shepard. So that's 5 guys that can really cover and they are in on every play. Basically we start Z. Jackson instead of Conner and some of our safeties don't have corner skills.

Then Ole Miss has a lot of talent in their 2deep on the front 4. And they have a little more speed off the edge in Haynes, Ward, CJ Johnson and Fadol Brown.

Wait till we have McLaurin, Peters, Green, Lewis, Stamps, Rayford, Smitherman, Bryant, Big C. Thomas, Joseph, and Washington acclimated to SEC speed (all considered freshmen). You're worried about a team full of DB's while we have the potential to field the best defense we've ever had in the next 2 years.

defiantdog
09-05-2015, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=UMCDawg16;405145]The 4-2-5 defense doesn't hold up against power run teams. I'll take our scheme everyday. It's why we are always so good on run D.[/Q

It wouldn't be too hard to plug in Gerri Green at OLB for Jamal Peters against LSU and Arky.

Green won't play OLB..... unless we set up in a 4-2-5 with Green and B. Brown as our linebackers.

bulldawg28
09-05-2015, 03:44 PM
We ran the 4-2-5 with Joe Lee. That Era is past

defiantdog
09-05-2015, 04:06 PM
We ran the 4-2-5 with Joe Lee. That Era is past
Auburn is running a 4-2-5 for the most part.

msstate7
09-05-2015, 04:20 PM
If we run a 4-2-5, wouldn't we be pulling from strength (lb) and subbing to weakness (safety)?

War Machine Dawg
09-05-2015, 04:22 PM
If we run a 4-2-5, wouldn't we be pulling from strength (lb) and subbing to weakness (safety)?

Yes. If anything, I'd like to see us run some 3-4 with James at the NG and Brown & Jones at DE. Get 4 of our badass LBs on the field.

Alldawg
09-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Yes really. Elston started at Corner last year. Hilton has played corner. And Conner could play corner if he had too.

Last year, we had Z Jackson, Deonte Evans and Market on the field together a lot. None could play corner. Neither could Market.

Hoops, I replied to The second poster saying that made them weaker against the run. Those three are physical players

OurState
09-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Yet, it made us look clownish. We sure as shit didn't scheme well for them last year. Needs to be better this year.

That was just moronic game planning by Dan.

That is a defense you run at. We tried to run around them.

Stoopid.

They have a NT the size of a LB and a DE the size of a safety but they are all fast.

For some reason we tried to beat them to the edge.