PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD Sponsored by eatourasssportsmedia.com

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Sacrifice
09-06-2015, 12:25 AM
How the hell does Dear get a carry and williams and Lee don't?

msstate7
Run the ball.

cheewgumm
We're gonna run the clock out without scoring... That punt ensured it.

BrunswickDawg
09-06-2015, 12:26 AM
Guess we won't get to see how our backup QBs play

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 12:26 AM
This damn sloppy and we still only gave up 16 points on the road with some really bad turnovers. Not happy but I'll take the win. 1-0 is 1-0

War Machine Dawg
09-06-2015, 12:27 AM
How the hell does Dear get a carry and williams and Lee don't?

Because Mullen.

Sacrifice
Haha 2 carries for Dear none for Williams and Lee.

War Machine Dawg
Fitz!

BrunswickDawg
My boy Fitz!

TrapGame
09-06-2015, 12:28 AM
FITZ!!!

War Machine Dawg
Haha 2 carries for Dear none for Williams and Lee.

You sure? Shump has gotten the carries on this drive.

And make it 1 carry for Williams.

starkvegasdawg
So now Aeris gets in.

Dawg61
Yep, out of all the dumb shit Mullen does....playing with fire by TRYING to kick kickoffs short, may be the dumbest.

Disagree. The high short kick gives your defense the opportunity to blow the play up and cause a turnover. The kick out the endzone never gives your defense this chance.

msstate7
09-06-2015, 12:29 AM
I hope Calhoun can play next week.

I hope Richie brown can tackle LF. I'm really worried about his stopping ability

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 12:30 AM
Fitz is awesome!! Atleast running it

starkvegasdawg
Disagree. The high short kick gives your defense the opportunity to blow the play up and cause a turnover. The kick out the endzone never gives your defense this chance.
It also guarantees they have to drive 75. We seem incapable of ensuring that on coverage.

99jc
I am going to bed and 17 the hell out of my old lady to get rid of this frusrtation

War Machine Dawg
09-06-2015, 12:31 AM

Then you're as dumb as Mullen. It's ****ing ridiculous. 5 yards of field position isn't worth risking the big return. The other SEC teams kick it out the damn back. But Mullen is a ST genius who's smarter than everyone else.

HoopsDawg
09-06-2015, 12:31 AM
I hope Richie brown can tackle LF. I'm really worried about his stopping ability

Yep, he doesn't have that thump you like to see from an SEC MLB. He better hit him low.

War Machine Dawg
09-06-2015, 12:32 AM

Betting we see a whole lot more Gerri Green next Saturday if Richie struggles early.

Dawgface
09-06-2015, 12:32 AM
I am going to bed and 17 the hell out of my old lady to get rid of this frusrtation

I pity your wife. Cause if you are as frustrated as me you will be banging her head against the bed post.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2015, 12:33 AM
I'll be honest...I never saw him as a starting MLB in the SEC. The one time I stood next to him he just looked too small. MLB is evolving to players that are 6'5" and 250lbs.

State82
09-06-2015, 12:33 AM
Then you're as dumb as Mullen. It's ****ing ridiculous. 5 yards of field position isn't worth risking the big return. The other SEC teams kick it out the damn back. But Mullen is a ST genius who's smarter than everyone else.

I'll second this point.

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 12:35 AM

No you take away the high kick if the ST ever give up a huge play. It's a reward for them to try to blow the play up so that's what you do. You reward them with the opportunity to make the huge turnover until they give up a big play. They never give up a big play so you keep giving them the reward. They did what you asked so reward stays put.

TimberBeast

The problem in this game was coaching all the way around. It didn't look like we were even trying to play defense or offense at times. Run the gosh damn, mother ****ing, son of a bitch, piece of shit, ****ing football!!!

Sacrifice
I pity your wife. Cause if you are as frustrated as me you will be banging her head against the bed post.
That's what I'm talking about!!

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 12:37 AM
I'll second this point.

Yall just a bunch of pussies then. Did we give up a big return tonight? I didn't see one. Our special teams on kick offs need the opportunity to make a play. Kicking it out the endzone does nothing for them. I wanna see fumbles from huge hits.

Bothrops
09-06-2015, 12:38 AM

At halftime I was hoping maybe we could keep it respectable next week. I don't see that now. We need a warm up game just to get some consistency and execution going on both sides of the ball. Now we have to try find these things against a bunch 5* athletes that hate us.

GreenheadDawg
09-06-2015, 12:39 AM

Richie couldn't tackle my Mimi tonight.. And she uses a ****ing walker with tennis balls on the bottom!! How the hell is he gonna tackle LF.. I'm still in shock I'm just sitting on my couch staring at the tv

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2015, 12:39 AM
Yall just a bunch of pussies then. Did we give up a big return tonight? I didn't see one. Our special teams on kick offs need the opportunity to make a play. Kicking it out the endzone does nothing for them. I wanna see fumbles from huge hits.
They got out close to the 40 a couple of times. I consider that a big return. That's basically three first downs from being in FG range.

smootness
09-06-2015, 12:41 AM
Guys, if you don't have a kicker who can consistently kick it out of the end zone, then kicking it higher and shorter is a way of reducing the chance for big plays. It doesn't make big returns more likely. What the heck.

State82
09-06-2015, 12:44 AM
They got out close to the 40 a couple of times. I consider that a big return. That's basically three first downs from being in FG range.

Yes. It's a simple minded concept. Kick it into the end zone stands. If you don't have somebody that can do that get your ass out there and find one.

chainedup_Dawg
09-06-2015, 12:45 AM

Shit, I'd need a defense attorney

smootness
09-06-2015, 12:45 AM
Richie couldn't tackle my Mimi tonight.. And she uses a ****ing walker with tennis balls on the bottom!! How the hell is he gonna tackle LF.. I'm still in shock I'm just sitting on my couch staring at the tv

You ever tried tackling somebody using a walker? Good luck getting their knees on the ground. Those things are like steroids on steroids for your balance. I've never once been able to bring my Mimi down.

So I'm sorry, but I don't fault Richie there.

BeardoMSU
09-06-2015, 12:46 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 12:48 AM

Close to the 40 one time I believe. Commit to the idea and by season's end we'll have 5+ turnovers created from kicking it high and letting our ST eat. We'll have zero turnovers by trying to kick it out the endzone and how many times will our kicker kick it out of bounds before it gets to the endzone because he's putting full nut into it and they place it at the 35? 5+ times? Over the course of a full season the play that gives your team a better chance to win is to kick it high and just in front of the endzone.

sandwolf
09-06-2015, 01:04 AM
Guys, if you don't have a kicker who can consistently kick it out of the end zone, then kicking it higher and shorter is a way of reducing the chance for big plays. It doesn't make big returns more likely. What the heck.

From what I have gathered, Bell could kick it out of the back of the end zone every time if he wanted to (and it seems like I have heard the same thing about Cooke), but Mullen instructs them to drop it at the goal line with good hang time.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2015, 01:05 AM

We have two kickers that "consistently kick it through the back of the end zone", according to Devon Bell a few weeks ago.

We're doing the short shit on purpose, and that's fine if you have good coverage...but not if you're allowing returns to the 40, or are often 1 missed tackle from giving up a TD. That's dumb football, and we better cut that cute shit out before Fournette forces us to next week.

Once again, Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc aren't stupid for kicking it through the end zone every time. Dan isn't "the smart guy" for kicking it short. There's a reason you don't play with fire.

(This post isn't directed at you smoot, except the part about us having 2 guys that can do it)

CadaverDawg
09-06-2015, 01:05 AM
From what I have gathered, Bell could kick it out of the back of the end zone every time if he wanted to (and it seems like I have heard the same thing about Cooke), but Mullen instructs them to drop it at the goal line with good hang time.

Ha, beat me by a minute

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 01:14 AM
We have two kickers that "consistently kick it through the back of the end zone", according to Devon Bell a few weeks ago.

We're doing the short shit on purpose, and that's fine if you have good coverage...but not if you're allowing returns to the 40, or are often 1 missed tackle from giving up a TD. That's dumb football, and we better cut that cute shit out before Fournette forces us to next week.

Once again, Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc aren't stupid for kicking it through the end zone every time. Dan isn't "the smart guy" for kicking it short. There's a reason you don't play with fire.

(This post isn't directed at you smoot, except the part about us having 2 guys that can do it)

It's a mindset that we are committing to. You think VTech back when they had the best ST in the country every year was kicking it out the endzone? Hell no. They were giving their players opportunities to blow the shit up and cause huge turnovers. It worked. I like that for once Mullen actually has a set of nuts by kicking it high.

CadaverDawg
09-06-2015, 01:17 AM
It's a mindset that we are committing to. You think VTech back when they had the best ST in the country every year was kicking it out the endzone? Hell no. They were giving their players opportunities to blow the shit up and cause huge turnovers. It worked. I like that for once Mullen actually has a set of nuts by kicking it high.

But IT AINT WORKING. Did we stop them inside the 25 once tonight? Maybe 1 or 2 times? Hell, half the time they caught it at the 10-12 yard line. Clearly that is not the objective. It's a stupid call, when you can guarantee the 25 and no chance at a TD.

Besides, how often do u get a fumble on a kickoff? Once every 2 years? Probably about as often as you get 1 run back for a TD, ha. I bet USM wishes they could have kicked it through the end zone tonight too. They'd never kick it short if they could...Bc their coach doesn't run risks simply to run them.

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 01:25 AM
But IT AINT WORKING. Did we stop them inside the 25 once tonight? Maybe 1 or 2 times? Hell, half the time they caught it at the 10-12 yard line. Clearly that is not the objective. It's a stupid call, when you can guarantee the 25 and no chance at a TD.

We didn't give up one single big return so yes it is working. You have to give them opportunities to see the results. You don't just scrap the idea because we didn't create a turnover or huge hit in five measly tries. When we kick it high at home and LSU or Ole Miss etc fumbles you'll see why we do it. It doesn't even have to be a turnover. A big hit will instantly fire up the entire team. Again it's a mindset. I love it. It's one of the most exciting plays of the game. When we get the crowd screaming on the big hits it's going to be very intimidating. Torture Chamber doesn't kick it out the endzone. Torture chamber kicks it high so you know you're about to get your shit rocked!!

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2015, 01:30 AM
You said by kicking it short we'd get 5 TO's a season. Did we get five last season? I'm betting we haven't had 5 TO's on kick offs in the last 20 years combined. I'll take my shot at making them drive 75.

TimberBeast
09-06-2015, 01:32 AM

If we're doing that shit on purpose then it's just another dumbass ST coaching mistake. If you can kick it out of the end zone, you do it every time. The argument ends there.

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 02:06 AM
If we're doing that shit on purpose then it's just another dumbass ST coaching mistake. If you can kick it out of the end zone, you do it every time. The argument ends there.

We are definitely doing it on purpose. That's not even a question. We are swinging for the fences not bunting it like Cohen does. I like it. I wish Mullen would take this same mindset and apply it in many areas not just kickoffs.

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 02:08 AM
You said by kicking it short we'd get 5 TO's a season. Did we get five last season? I'm betting we haven't had 5 TO's on kick offs in the last 20 years combined. I'll take my shot at making them drive 75.

We got one vs Auburn and it sealed the win. Remember that one?

Really Clark?
09-06-2015, 02:29 AM
Well I'm not saying it's done strickly for turnovers but for the last 3-4 years I believe by the end of the year teams are avg 20 yards or less per return and we led the SEC last year with 17.9 yards per return. .9 of a yard better than the #2 team in conference. And that was #14 nationally while having some of the most returns per game for teams in the country. And we haven't given up a touchdown in 2 years. It wasn't nearly as good tonight but should it go back to what we have been averaging then that is a pretty good average for coverage.

starkvegasdawg
09-06-2015, 07:02 AM
We got one vs Auburn and it sealed the win. Remember that one?

That's not 5+ a season and, to me, not worth the risk.

Dawg61
09-06-2015, 08:43 PM
That's not 5+ a season and, to me, not worth the risk.

Feel free to look up the stats. Over 13 games I feel confident we caused 5 turnovers or more kicking and punting.