PDA

View Full Version : Of the teams in the West that play legitimate opponents today

MetEdDawg
09-05-2015, 07:04 AM
Which one of them falls apart the rest of the season if they lose? You have Bama/Wisconsin, Auburn/Louisville, TAMU/Arizona State. All 3 have been picked by multiple outlets to win the West (although I think TAMU is not nearly as good as many think). But which team loses and has that really affect them the rest of the season?

I'm going with Auburn. Not only do they stink as a front runner, but I'm not sure that Auburn can handle it mentally to probably be out of the national championship picture after Week 1 unless they run the table the rest of the year. I will be very interested to see that team's mental toughness if they lose game 1.

I think Alabama's defense is going to be good enough to get them through tough times but a loss for them in this game, which they usually dominate, would be very difficult for them and their fan base to swallow. That one will be interesting to see as well with the QB issues they've got.

msstate7
09-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Auburn

Dawgowar
09-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Sorry, thinking big picture. I want them all to waffle-stomp these OOC opponents. Two of the three - A&M and Auburn are already over-hyped in the ratings. I want them to face us with those skewered ratings still in tact. When we beat them we will benefit from taking down the 'big boys'.

Dawgtini
09-05-2015, 08:30 AM
This. As I said in another thread, I want every opponent to be undefeated when we whip that ass.

1bigdawg
09-05-2015, 09:47 AM
This. As I said in another thread, I want every opponent to be undefeated when we whip that ass.

Except UNM. I want them to be either 0-11 or 4-7 with non-conference victories. Go UT-Martin Skyhawks!

RougeDawg
09-05-2015, 10:36 AM
A&M will finish 6-7th in West and be jockeying northern miss for those two positions. That being said Auburn could very well lose today and have the wheels fully separated from the vehicle when we demolish them in a few weeks.

I seen it dawg
09-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Duke Williams waiting to strike