PDA

View Full Version : Question

Statecoachingblows**
09-04-2015, 08:23 PM
A year removed from 1a/1bgate, does it pay off? Is it similar to a retirement plan where each paycheck is smaller but in the end you have something you didn't really know was there? Does that experience gained in real game situations, in time that mattered as opposed to mop up duty, really prove to be beneficial?? Just curious how much all of last year plays into this year. Tasting the success that we did last season has to impact the way these guys approach the season. I don't think there is the shock factor of the big stage, the big games, or the pressure that comes with winning. I think we show up with a different attitude, more of a business approach. This week you, this week you so on and so forth. Each team is just another group of guys. It's not bama, it's not southern miss, it's 11 on 11 each play and we have the skill, talent heart and mind to beat you.

P.S. Changed phones and couldn't remember password last season, and after it started I was scared to log back on and jinx sh*t!

gravedigger
09-04-2015, 08:27 PM
In a word yes. But it may have cost us an nc too. I say throw the kitchen sink at every team every week and worry about the results when the bodies are counted.

dickiedawg
09-04-2015, 10:01 PM
What game did 1a/1b lose us?

Homedawg
09-04-2015, 10:13 PM
What game did 1a/1b lose us?

None. By the time bama game came around we weren't whole sale subbing. But it sounds good as an excuse for people who think we still did.

Jack Lambert
09-04-2015, 10:18 PM
None. By the time bama game came around we weren't whole sale subbing. But it sounds good as an excuse for people who think we still did.

I feel we lost the Bama game due to being on the road. Play that game in Starkville we win. However I blame the Ole Miss lost and Ga Tech lose on Collins leaving. I think he knew he was leaving the week of Ole Miss and he was gone for the Ga Tech game. That move had been planned. Thats why Mullen was so hard on Collins after the Ole Miss game.