PDA

View Full Version : This Week in GA Commits 9.4.15

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2015, 03:49 PM
This Week in GA Commits
Christian Roberson and the McEachern Indians are coming of an early bye week to play in one of the most interesting contests of the season. The #2 ranked Indians (1-0) will host the AAAA #1, and 3 time defending State Champ, Buford Wolves (2-0) at Cantrell Stadium in Powder Springs.

Buford has built themselves into a legendary powerhouse. In 1995, Buford was in Class A, and hired Dexter Wood away from Class AAAA Marietta High School. Wood was coming off a run of 6 straight region titles having rebuilt a downtrodden Blue Devil program. Wood's Wolves went 13-1 in 1995, winning their first region title since 1978, and beginning a run that hasn?t been seen since the glory days of Valdosta. In 9 years under Wood and 11 under his protege Jess Simpson, Buford has gone 258-25; won 14 region titles, 10 State titles (lost 3 more), and risen the ranks from A to 4A. Dexter Wood is now in the Hall of Fame, and Simpson (who played for Wood at Marietta, then Special Teams at Auburn) will be. I've known Wood and Simpson 28+ years, so I'll be split in allegiance for this game.

Simpson brings 4A Buford in at 2-0, having drubbed 6A Berkmar 77-0 last week. The Wolves are led by sophomore QB Mic Roof; 3* DT Shug Frazier (6?2?, 321, offers from Bama, UGA, the U, GT, LSU), 3* ATH Xavier Gantt (GT Commit, offers from MSU, Iowa, the U, OSU, Wake), and 2* OLB William Craig (MTSU commit) and have won an incredible 42 straight games. Buford tends to have a stout defense and a strong running game - they racked up 301 yards against Berkmar using 13 different backs. Buford also knows they can compete, having beaten McEachern last year 27-20. They should match up pretty well. Both teams are deep. Both are very well coached. Neither make many mistakes. This might be the two best teams in GA this year in a rare cross-classification match up of highly touted teams. I could see this being a 24-21 type game. Should be a terrific one to watch, and is being streamed at http://www.scoreatl.com/

Unfortunately, I won't be able to see this one as I'll be "between the bricks" watching my Glynn Academy Red Terrors (2-0) take on Camden County (2-0) in another cross-classification matchup (5Av6A). I'll post scores as they come up via Twitter and the GPB Football App (If you live in GA and follow HS football, you need this App).

Good luck to Christian and all of DawgFam16 tonight!

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2015, 07:10 PM
McEachern up 10-7 in the 1st
Buford scores on their 1st play from scrimmage, followed by a McEachern TD pass to Harris on their first play. Looks like both teams are ampt up

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2015, 07:38 PM
McEachern pick 6 - up 17-7 2nd

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Roberson has 2 catches - don't know how many yards

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2015, 08:33 PM
Buford battling cuts score to 17-14 in the 3rd

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2015, 09:23 PM
McEachern pulls away in 4th - 37-14. I'll see what stats I can find in the am