PDA

View Full Version : Parking at USM

EdDawg
09-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Anybody have any ideas on where to park for the game tomorrow night?

C_Rich22
09-04-2015, 11:30 AM
There are several businesses/buildings that line hardy street that will be closed on Saturday, I'd check there first, might have to pay a small fee. Check out 4th street as well, that's the back entrance to campus. Here's a link that MSU football posted on twitter to follow: http://www.southernmiss.com/gameday/ hope that helps.

BulldogBear
09-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Some of those businesses do have signs that say no game parking. Others will let you pay. As far as I know there are no shuttle services. There were areas last season on campus to park. I'm sure they have the wits to make all that stuff pay to park for this game. There is a vacant grassy area on the south side of Hardy street across from campus. Used to be a dorm that has since been demolished. Surely they'll open that area up. I would plan to be way early to hunt parking. I'm leaving Rez area by 4pm.

ETA: A good place to wait and eat while watching football before game is Marlins grill on east side of 49 right near stadium. There are several eateries and such over there. I'll be at Glory bound Gyro till about 8pm

AlSwearengen
09-04-2015, 12:13 PM
good luck to everyone.

blacklistedbully
09-04-2015, 12:30 PM
If you get there after the 1st quarter, there should be plenty of spaces opening up as the 100's of USM supporters leave in disgust.

Tbonewannabe
09-04-2015, 01:23 PM
If you get there after the 1st quarter, there should be plenty of spaces opening up as the 100's of USM supporters leave in disgust.

Do you think that many usm fans will show up?

Westdawg
09-04-2015, 01:27 PM
i figured i could just pull up outside the fence and sit in the back of my truck like i do at the other high school football games****

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2015, 01:46 PM
I hear a lot of the businesses......

are selling a season parking pass only at this time. *****

LC Dawg
09-04-2015, 01:54 PM
They are running a shuttle from the convention center.
Also there is a shuttle running from downtown to campus all day but I don't if there is much parking downtown.
I think there should be places to park along Hardy. The former dorm area that BulldogBear mentioned is a parking lot that will charge $20.

http://www.southernmiss.com/gameday/parking.html

https://www.facebook.com/hattiesburgtrolley

EdDawg
09-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I've lived in Hattiesburg for 3 years and I have only been to their campus twice. I am familiar with the grassy area where the old dorm was, I will check that area out.

AlSwearengen
09-04-2015, 03:02 PM
There won't be much parking downtown. There are a couple of restaurants down there, but there really isn't any reason to go down there. Honestly, I would try not to go east of hwy 49. Well, unless you want to go to the keg and barrel which isn't far from 49.

blacklistedbully
09-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Do you think that many usm fans will show up?

OK, you got me. If you get there after the 1st quarter, there should be plenty of spaces opening up as the dozens of USM supporters leave in disgust.

Billy Ray Valentine
09-04-2015, 03:36 PM
My friend in Hburg said there will be available parking at Westminster Presbyterian just off 49 across from the stadium

HardyStreetAlumniClub
09-04-2015, 03:36 PM
There won't be much parking downtown. There are a couple of restaurants down there, but there really isn't any reason to go down there. Honestly, I would try not to go east of hwy 49. Well, unless you want to go to the keg and barrel which isn't far from 49.

I disagree. There will be a trolley running back and forth from Downtown all day. There is plenty of parking (free), plenty of bars that will be hosting events all day, and plenty of places to eat. They are having bands in the street on Saturday. I'm going to park downtown at 3, get well hydrated at the Vicki's on Main Bar, then hop on the trolley at 7 to head to the game. I'm not down for sitting in the hot sun all say on USM's campus.

http://downtownhattiesburg.com/dine/ <<<eat & drink

AlSwearengen
09-04-2015, 03:47 PM
I guess their downtown revitalization is working. Who moved in down there? Students? Hipsters?

LC Dawg
09-04-2015, 03:50 PM
I disagree. There will be a trolley running back and forth from Downtown all day. There is plenty of parking (free), plenty of bars that will be hosting events all day, and plenty of places to eat. They are having bands in the street on Saturday. I'm going to park downtown at 3, get well hydrated at the Vicki's on Main Bar, then hop on the trolley at 7 to head to the game. I'm not down for sitting in the hot sun all say on USM's campus.

http://downtownhattiesburg.com/dine/ <<<eat & drink

I plan on parking near campus about 2 and seeing if the trolley will drop us at the Keg and Barrel. If they don't stop there where would I find the best beer selection downtown?

ghostofjackie
09-04-2015, 04:26 PM
A little bit of both. 2 historic (I think) renovated apartment buildings just opened up last year. Like 70-80 units maybe?

A few key restaurants left last year but it seems to still be a fun place to go. Like I said, Vicki's on Main is where I go.

ghostofjackie
09-04-2015, 04:32 PM
I plan on parking near campus about 2 and seeing if the trolley will drop us at the Keg and Barrel. If they don't stop there where would I find the best beer selection downtown?

I'd have to say The Thirty Hippo has the best beer selection. Nothing like K&B but its a good bar with hipsters and live music. Skylight lounge is a pretty unique little place. Benny's Boom Boom Room is a very unique place for hipsters and college students. Wine Bar has a good wine selection. But Vicki's on Main is the nicest bar if you are looking for an older, more refined crowd and has a great selection of everything.

I'm pretty sure it will stop at K&B.

LC Dawg
09-04-2015, 05:15 PM
I'd have to say The Thirty Hippo has the best beer selection. Nothing like K&B but its a good bar with hipsters and live music. Skylight lounge is a pretty unique little place. Benny's Boom Boom Room is a very unique place for hipsters and college students. Wine Bar has a good wine selection. But Vicki's on Main is the nicest bar if you are looking for an older, more refined crowd and has a great selection of everything.

I'm pretty sure it will stop at K&B.

Thanks

archdog
09-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Wait until we hear it is our fault their lots didn't sell out. Bama fans then say they would have bought them all 5 months in advance of the game.