PDA

View Full Version : Basketball S&C Program

TXDawg
09-04-2015, 08:01 AM
Amazing improvements from the strength & conditioning program discussed in the CL this morning:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2015/09/03/sword-msu-recovering-from-an-offseason-of-surgies/71653268/

Newman gained 11 lbs and increased his vertical by 5.5"
Ndoye added 20 lbs to his frame
Ready increased his vertical by 4.5"
Ware added 5" to his

Sounds like the guys are actually getting in shape. We just need to recover quickly from the injuries.

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2015, 08:18 AM
Hopefully this is added muscle and they are not on the Renardo Sidney Big Mac and Twinkie conditioning program.

I'm guessing not by the increased verticals.

KentuckyDawg13
09-04-2015, 09:23 AM
As Coach Howland stated: "That's unheard of." It really is...I have never heard of a player increasing their vertical by so much. Nevermind multiple players. May be some exaggeration going on there.

Sword having another back surgery is not good.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-04-2015, 09:57 AM
As Coach Howland stated: "That's unheard of." It really is...I have never heard of a player increasing their vertical by so much. Nevermind multiple players. May be some exaggeration going on there.

Sword having another back surgery is not good.

Chicken had to have another surgery to relieve all the pain. He needed another 1 last year but played through it. So we had it done as soon as the season was over so he would be 100% by now. It's a great thing & now he's completely healthy something he hasn't been since he stepped on campus.

1bigdawg
09-04-2015, 11:18 AM
I hope the football receivers, DBs and LBs go through whatever they are doing to increase vertical leaps. It could make a real difference.