PDA

View Full Version : Could 2013 be a season with no firings/new coaches?

Coach34
07-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Saban has found a home
Miles just signed a new longass contract
Sumlin wouldnt leave for anywhere but the NFL
Mullen aint going anywhere
Freezus will just be in year 2
GusBus is new
Bielema is new

Boom is loved in Fla and has them on the right track
Richt will be at Georgia awhile longer
Spurrier has it made at SC right now
Franklin could be a hot offseason candidate for a top program needing a coach
Pinkel could be our huckleberry
Jones is new
Stoops is new

The Croom Diaries
07-17-2013, 12:32 PM
All safe except Pinkel unless he wins at least 6. Franklin could be a candidate to move on and Spurrier could retire if they win the SEC and he wants to hang it up on top.

messageboardsuperhero
07-17-2013, 12:34 PM
I think Pinkel might be on the hot seat if he doesn't get to a bowl game. Franklin could potentially be gone. It's not inconceivable that Spurrier could retire at the end of the season.

If there was a year for it to happen, this could be it, but there always seems to be more changes at the end of the year than people think at the start of the year. I know I didn't think Chizik was that good of a coach and I wasn't expecting Auburn to be good last year, but at the beginning of the year, I sure as hell didn't expect him to get fired two years removed from a National Title. I just can't see there being no head-coaching turnover in the entire league. Could it happen? Maybe this could be the year, but I just can't see it.

PMDawg
07-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Ellis Johnson say "no so fast on the first year coaches".

msstate7
07-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Ellis Johnson say "no so fast on the first year coaches".

I laughed

hacker
07-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Vanderbilt will need a new coach if Franklin leaves.

Will James
07-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Never know if a team suffers a big collapse.
UGA should be very good but if they screw around and win 6-7 he might be sent packing.

Pinkel has a shot.

Franklin could be lured away.

Saban could go pro.

msstate7
07-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I heard saban was headed back to his alma mater, kent state. He's looking for a challenge. I wish...

ckDOG
07-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Franklin gets lured away if they have a great season.

Richt could get canned if they have an abysmal season, but that's not gonna happen.

Damn it, Mizzou. I still keep forgetting they are in the conference and had to remind myself who the hell Pinkel was. Based on that, he has to be on the hot seat with a real crappy season.

I guess Saban always has an NFL offer on the table.

1 move max this year.