PDA

View Full Version : Watch the first episode of Relentless

Dawgtini
09-03-2015, 10:47 AM
over on hailstate.com. Awesome

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Very well done & should only get better as games start & some of the episodes include behind the scenes footage from the process proceeding & after big wins.

Only negative is that I have good internet & it took a while to load. Not sure why this is, but youtube & vimeo typically load extremely quick & this didn't.

mparkerfd20
09-03-2015, 11:37 AM
I had some load issues initially in Chrome too myself Shotgun, but switched over to IE and it ran very quickly and smoothly. As for the video itself, I loved it. I think our guys have a quiet confidence to them that they are going to prove everyone wrong again. We know what we've got. The world will find out on Sept. 12.

ScoobaDawg
09-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Meh.... Boring. Sorry. considering the Weekly hype videos that were awesome last year. It just didn't do it for me.
The same background music. the deer in the headlight black interview setting. the Slow interviews with no cut in of actions or SOMETHING...

This is not a good start

and COMMERCIALS in a web episode? Come on. thats pathetic

mparkerfd20
09-03-2015, 11:51 AM
I don't think this was meant to be a 'hype' video. Different context, different purpose. This was more of a behind the scenes look. Different strokes for different folks, but I enjoy these type episodes as much if not more than hype videos.

gtowndawg
09-03-2015, 11:54 AM
I thought the Maurice Clarett part was very interesting to be honest.

TXDawg
09-03-2015, 12:17 PM
I thought it was OK, but like Scooba, I felt it was a bit slow.

Don't get me wrong, it's light years ahead of the old coach's show we used to do, but there's plenty of room for improvement. Hopefully it'll get better as the season progresses and they can include some game footage and perhaps film break-down from players and coaches.

Good start to what I'm sure will be a great series.

GreenheadDawg
09-03-2015, 12:44 PM
I didn't realize Manny had a lisp

ScoobaDawg
09-03-2015, 12:48 PM
I don't think this was meant to be a 'hype' video. Different context, different purpose. This was more of a behind the scenes look. Different strokes for different folks, but I enjoy these type episodes as much if not more than hype videos.

I guess I thought it was going to be our version of what UM did a few years back.
It has a lot of potential. Like I mentioned get out of the Deer in the headlight (you cant even see their eyes because there is a glowing ring from the lights) interview setting.
Anyone not a MSU fan would of turned it off before they even got to the "Relentless" title screen. Dull interviews..Not a good into that captures your attention.

I can admin a lot of the interview topics are blah to me... same on the Maurice bit.. is because most of us on this boards who are enthusiasts and keep up to date with interviews and things around the program daily,..so its just the same stuff to us.

It's not rocket science to cut in some action shots behind the interview or something, with some sound clips to liven things up.

We all have seen what the hail State production is capable of in 3-4 minute hype videos.. I expect better from a 30 minute segment.

UMCDawg16
09-03-2015, 01:05 PM
I guess I thought it was going to be our version of what UM did a few years back.
It has a lot of potential. Like I mentioned get out of the Deer in the headlight (you cant even see their eyes because there is a glowing ring from the lights) interview setting.
Anyone not a MSU fan would of turned it off before they even got to the "Relentless" title screen. Dull interviews..Not a good into that captures your attention.

I can admin a lot of the interview topics are blah to me... same on the Maurice bit.. is because most of us on this boards who are enthusiasts and keep up to date with interviews and things around the program daily,..so its just the same stuff to us.

It's not rocket science to cut in some action shots behind the interview or something, with some sound clips to liven things up.

We all have seen what the hail State production is capable of in 3-4 minute hype videos.. I expect better from a 30 minute segment.

Smh. Some people will complain about everything. I thought it was great.

Maroonthirteen
09-03-2015, 01:19 PM
It was good. Didn't blow my socks off but good. I think mainly, as someone else mentioned, I follow the program so closely. There was nothing new. Other than hearing Manny Diaz outside a press conference. He really impresses me. Im glad to have him back.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Relentless is replacing the old coaches show. It's not meant to be a hype video.

bulldawg28
09-03-2015, 02:49 PM
I didn't realize Manny had a lisp

Hahahaha

HoopsCoach21
09-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Relentless is replacing the old coaches show. It's not meant to be a hype video.

This was my understanding. The hype videos will still be coming each week with highlights from the previous game and this will be released weekly as well.

mstatefan91
09-03-2015, 04:01 PM
It was well done and should get better and be more in depth as the season goes. Not much to talk about when training camp is the only thing that has taken place so far.

ChevChelios
09-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Meh.... Boring. Sorry. considering the Weekly hype videos that were awesome last year. It just didn't do it for me.
The same background music. the deer in the headlight black interview setting. the Slow interviews with no cut in of actions or SOMETHING...

This is not a good start

and COMMERCIALS in a web episode? Come on. thats pathetic

You are fukin kiddin' yourself man... you will appreciate these videos when the season is over.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Call me crazy, but i thought it was awesome. I was bummed when it ended, bc i wanted to watch more. Obviously it was stuff we had seen...there hasnt been a game yet. It will be new material moving forward. I love the interviews with the dark background, and I loved hearing all about the farm. I look forward to seeing other behind the scenes stuff that we dont usually have access to.

Oh, and I really like Ryan Brown. We seem to truly prepare players to be men after college, and for those that go pro, we give them a great look at a true Training Camp. I like the business like approach we seem to have.

A+ in my book.

Outside Dawg
09-03-2015, 05:45 PM
I liked it, but why did we take it off of TV and out of all those markets. Seems like it pretty much guarantees that only our hardcore fans ever find it. I don't understand. I look at the guide and see all these teams back to back to back, and no MSU. I end up watching portions of the other ones. Anybody know?

Howboutdemdogs
09-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Love the Tiffin RV commercial, good job at tooling Bama.

ScoobaDawg
09-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Smh. Some people will complain about everything. I thought it was great.

It's called an opinion. But hey if you like group think and think everyone should toe the company line. Then thats your problem. I pointed out my problems with it and where I believe it can be improved.

archdog
09-03-2015, 08:13 PM
I am not sure why they will not release these to the SEC network during the year. Doesn't every program get a little bit of time in the schedule?

Outside Dawg
09-03-2015, 08:23 PM
I am not sure why they will not release these to the SEC network during the year. Doesn't every program get a little bit of time in the schedule?

Another example, and one with some good, bad, and ugly...BLAB TV (Pensacola, FL) is under new ownership and has decided to carry coaches shows. They signed deals with Auburn, Alabama, FSU, Ole Miss, UCF, and Southern Miss. Asked why no MSU or UF. They said they reached out to both universities but got no response. The funny/sad part is that they hosted a party to kickoff this plan and invited the alumni from all of the Schools signed on at the time. BLAB had a tiered cake made with each layer being for a school. Ole Miss rolls up in the party to find a cake with tiers of Alabama, Auburn, FSU, and...us). That's right. The station/bakery got us confused with them. It never ends. But like I said earlier, I like the show and don't get why we wouldn't want to get others seeing it. The only ones who stumble across hailstate.com are the hard core looking for it.

BHildreth3
09-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Scooba, I agree it could be better but you are comparing this to what Ole Miss has done, which has won at least one 'Emmy' type of award.

Here's why I loved it --- it is 1,000,000 times better than the old ****ing highlight coaching show. Thank goodness we have something new that recruits can gravitate towards. Outstanding so far and it will only get better.

archdog
09-03-2015, 09:22 PM
It was good. Ready to see the next one.

jbjones
09-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Another example, and one with some good, bad, and ugly...BLAB TV (Pensacola, FL) is under new ownership and has decided to carry coaches shows. They signed deals with Auburn, Alabama, FSU, Ole Miss, UCF, and Southern Miss. Asked why no MSU or UF. They said they reached out to both universities but got no response.

Unreal. If true, you should send that to the AD. Our Athletic Dept is damn near incompetent in regards to these matters. Hell, you still can't hear a baseball game on the radio South of some shit town where we're playing football in a few days.

-JB

ScoobaDawg
09-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Scooba, I agree it could be better but you are comparing this to what Ole Miss has done, which has won at least one 'Emmy' type of award.

Here's why I loved it --- it is 1,000,000 times better than the old ****ing highlight coaching show. Thank goodness we have something new that recruits can gravitate towards. Outstanding so far and it will only get better.

I only compared it to what the Bears have done because of how much attention that series got. Again, anyone not a MSU fan would of turned it off 2 minutes in.
Yes its a million times better than the old coaches show but It's not comparable to what we can do (based on other videos we have made).

I look forward to seeing the next segment when there is game action. Hopefully it picks up.