PDA

View Full Version : Preseason flair

FlabLoser
07-17-2013, 11:43 AM
MSU and Bama are the only 2 SEC schools with more than one LB on the Butkus list.

Benardrick McKinney and Manziel are the only two So's at SEC Media Days

Russell is on the Davey O'Brien list.

Somebody I'm forgetting is on another list.

Oh yeah, Hugh Freezus is on my list. Let's beat their ass on Thanksgiving.

PMDawg
07-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Gabe and Day are on lists. Not sure if Whitley is on any list, but he's a top 5 safety for draft purposes by most accounts. Top 3 by some. Perk is on a list. Mojo is on a list.

Our talent is not hurting. Lets see if our coaching, execution, and attitudes can match up.

messageboardsuperhero
07-17-2013, 12:44 PM
The pieces definitely seem to be there. We just need to get our edge back when the going gets tough.

Also, we need more out of our defensive front, and I do think we are much more athletic this year than last year. Cherrington (sp.) being gone is addition-by-subtraction. He worked hard, but I have no idea why Wilson kept running him out there. Josh Boyd was solid, but he was by no means the same caliber athlete as what we should have this year in Eulls, Jones, James, Evans, etc. I'm glad Wilson is gone too. If that helps us as much as I hope it does, then our defense will be much improved. Wilson seemed to be sort of like our Tyrone Nix, except we got rid of him before it was too late.