PDA

View Full Version : Team 4- the Vanderbilt Commodores

Coach34
07-17-2013, 11:01 AM
record: 9-4
James Franklin 3rd season
John Donovon- OC
Bob Shoop- DC

offense- 7 starters return (3 WR's, TE, C, RT, LT)
defense- 6 starters return (DE, 2LB's, 3 Secondary)

schedule:

Ole Miss
Austin Peay
@SC
@UMass
UAB
Mizzou
Open
Georgia
@A&M
Open
@Fla
Kentucky
@Tenn
Wake Forest

Vandy will most assuredly be bowling again in 2013. They should win all of their OOC, plus Kentucky and Mizzou. They have key home games at home in Ole Miss and Georgia. Getting off on the right foot would be huge for them. They will be good on defense, have a possible 1st round pick in WR Jordan Matthews, and 15 of their 22 starters will be Sr's or Jr's....

Opening Day vs Ole Miss? How their new guys on the DL and at QB play will make the difference in winning and losing

msstate7
07-17-2013, 11:09 AM
I say 8-4 with losses to USCe, Georgia, aTm, and Florida. I also think this will be franklin's last season at vandy

FISHDAWG
07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
I think the clock strikes Midnight and Cinderella barely makes it to a bowl this year 6 & 6

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm with 7. 8-4, losses to SCar, UGA, aTm, FL. They keep up the voodoo they have on the Black Bearz. But if more players get suspended on this rape deal, I reserve the right to change my prediction.

Bullmutt
07-17-2013, 12:10 PM
I say 8-4 with losses to USCe, Georgia, aTm, and Florida. I also think this will be franklin's last season at vandy

So, if Franklin does leave, who cares to speculate where me'll go?

PMDawg
07-17-2013, 12:20 PM
7-5 (3-5)

Losses to USC, Mizzou, UGA, A&M, and Flarda

mic
07-17-2013, 12:43 PM
If they beat Rebs week one 8.. and bye bye Franklin..

msstate7
07-17-2013, 12:51 PM
So, if Franklin does leave, who cares to speculate where me'll go?

Texas?

camsu
07-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Franklin will be a start in the Big 10 and easier recruit area for him

msstate7
07-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Franklin will be a start in the Big 10 and easier recruit area for him

I'm sure ill get ripped for this, but I expect the big10 to close the gap considerably to the sec in the next few years. Urban Meyer will win and win big at Ohio state and it'll pick the whole conference up. When the sec streak ends, it'll be to Ohio st.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2013, 01:18 PM
7-5 (3-5)

Losses to Ole Miss, South Carolina, Georgia, A&M, Florida

CadaverDawg
07-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm sure ill get ripped for this, but I expect the big10 to close the gap considerably to the sec in the next few years. Urban Meyer will win and win big at Ohio state and it'll pick the whole conference up. When the sec streak ends, it'll be to Ohio st.

I agree 100% about Ohio State being the one to end the streak.

The Croom Diaries
07-17-2013, 02:25 PM

You're wrong because the SEC streak will never end. It's like the song that never ends. It just keeps going on and on, my friend.

Vandy goes 7-5.

SaltyDawg
07-17-2013, 03:12 PM
I agree 100% about Ohio State being the one to end the streak.

Wrong. Kentucky starting to recruit into the state of Ohio will be the end of Ohio State and Urban Meyer.**

msstate7
07-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Wrong. Kentucky starting to recruit into the state of Ohio will be the end of Ohio State and Urban Meyer.**

This years rankings:

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Last years:
http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

SaltyDawg
07-17-2013, 03:29 PM
They hired a new head coach, of course recruiting and interest will pick up. It was a joke.

Not going to hijack the thread though, I'm going 7-5 for Vandy.

DiligenceDawg
07-17-2013, 03:34 PM
This years rankings:

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Last years:
http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

The Kentucky joke(at least I am taking the ** as sarcasm) aside
... Ohio State's lack of national championships is not for lack of talent. At least not so far as recruiting rankings can show. They've been in the top 10 year after year after year.

Maybe Urban will be the guy to finally beat back the SEC, maybe not. I know one thing is for certain. He has another 2 or 3 years that he better do it in because unless things have changed massively he has very little ability to actually maintain the personnel side of the team. Florida was a mess before his "health" issues made him retire... for 10 months.

I hope Bama or UGA gets ahold of them in the Championship game this year though. I don't see it falling in Meyer's favor.

As for Vandy-

7-5 with a loss to OM

msstate7
07-17-2013, 03:41 PM
The Kentucky joke(at least I am taking the ** as sarcasm) aside
... Ohio State's lack of national championships is not for lack of talent. At least not so far as recruiting rankings can show. They've been in the top 10 year after year after year.

Maybe Urban will be the guy to finally beat back the SEC, maybe not. I know one thing is for certain. He has another 2 or 3 years that he better do it in because unless things have changed massively he has very little ability to actually maintain the personnel side of the team. Florida was a mess before his "health" issues made him retire... for 10 months.

I hope Bama or UGA gets ahold of them in the Championship game this year though. I don't see it falling in Meyer's favor.

As for Vandy-

7-5 with a loss to OM

I don't think Osu is ready this year, but watch out next season. Braxton miller will be a senior and he fits Meyer's offense perfectly. I think next season Osu wins the title. I like Georgia this year.

** next season I hope it's Osu-bama. I loved those sec title games between IMO the best two coaches in NCAA