PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Mistaken as Us, Again

Dallas_Dawg
09-01-2015, 09:24 PM
On my Directv description for the Ole Miss UT-M game, it says "For Mississippi, last year was a tale of two seasons - the Rebels were arguably the best team in the country for two months, then fell off a cliff after a couple of crushing miscues..."
Such bull shit.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-01-2015, 11:06 PM
shaking head slowly..............

Jack Lambert
09-02-2015, 08:06 AM
You would think it would be easy to see the difference. They’re the ones wearing white robes and hoods.

lachepas565
09-02-2015, 08:24 AM
I think that description fits them as well. They were undefeated and 7-0 heading into LSU and threw the pick to end the game. Then, were still in the playoff when playing Auburn, then fell off a cliff after that getting beat by Arkansas and TCU by a combined 72-3 - I wouldn't call the Auburn game a miscue though.

RougeDawg
09-02-2015, 08:59 AM
I think that description fits them as well. They were undefeated and 7-0 heading into LSU and threw the pick to end the game. Then, were still in the playoff when playing Auburn, then fell off a cliff after that getting beat by Arkansas and TCU by a combined 72-3 - I wouldn't call the Auburn game a miscue though.

Bear Alert!!!

They were never, ever considered the best team in the country last year. Maybe through your red and blue colored glasses they were but we were the ones ranked #1 for 5 consecutive weeks.

lachepas565
09-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Bear Alert!!!

They were never, ever considered the best team in the country last year. Maybe through your red and blue colored glasses they were but we were the ones ranked #1 for 5 consecutive weeks.

Dude - calm down, I think you're being too sensitive. I think that's why the writer put the qualifier of 'arguably' in there. If they had ever been ranked #1, he would have just said "was the top team in the nation"

RougeDawg
09-03-2015, 02:11 AM
Dude - calm down, I think you're being too sensitive. I think that's why the writer put the qualifier of 'arguably' in there. If they had ever been ranked #1, he would have just said "was the top team in the nation"

Ummm, ok.

Maybe one should read his other posts, contemplate, and then devise a conclusion based on the evidence provided?!? Does that seem like a logical response to the situation?

Aces High
09-03-2015, 06:32 AM
There were a couple weeks where ole miss was the best team in the country. Msu was the best team in the country for a week or two as well.

Neither were a top 10 team when it mattered at the end but at one point during the season, I think OM was playing the best ball in the country and MSU was as well. Both were around similar times.