PDA

View Full Version : 2015 game results and why

gravedigger
09-01-2015, 08:32 PM
USM......we win. they just cannot hang no matter how motivated they are. USM will struggle to stay in the game past the 1st quarter.

LSU.......we win for a few reasons. Mainly due to the fact that they will need a qb to play ALL GAME like their qb did in the last minutes of last years game. We may not score as prolifically, but we will control the line of scrimmage and field position. LSU is still a year away from being back.

NW state.....see USM minus the motivation

Auburn......we get past LSU and this game will be nationally scrutinized. I'm not so sure who is the better team just yet. But homefield advantage will be a plus. We will need something special to happen in this game to leave there with a victory. Some sort of record breaking performance from a TE, RB or WR. Dak CANNOT win this one just by using his legs.

A&M.......they have the defensive coach, but they are still a year away from having the defensive talent. They will be effective offensively. Much better than the team we faced in Starkville last fall. I just think they will struggle to win the line of scrimmage battle.

Troy.......they seem to bring it against us, but we will still win

UK.........Dak's thigh injury last year vs UK may have been a bigger turning point than most of us were willing to accept. I think we win this one just as decisively as the USM game. Dak gets a little personal revenge.

Louisiana Tech......See troy.

Missouri.........tough, tough road game. and similar to the Aggies, this team will be well coached and disciplined. And again, I feel like we win because our defense out muscles their offense. This game may also take a breakout performance by a defensive player (ala Richie Brown vs a&m last year) to seal the deal on the road.

Bama........look. there is really just so far 'down' bama can be under Saban. He will have them ready. But what I think they lack this fall is the BIG play capability of the players they lost. Their talent makes them able to beat anyone in their own stadium. What ultimately makes me confident in this game is that Scott field has been our intangible in games like this. I just think this is the game, if Dak were to win the touchdown clubs trophy, he'd have to make it happen in this game. I think he will.

Arkansas.....look, I get it. They played us well last year. THey ended the year on 2 great victories and the EASY way to look like you have some insight is to predict Arkansas to continue. I also understand that only 4 short years ago we were wondering if we could ever beat this team. But 4 years ago has not one single thing to do with this year. Arkansas is a solid ballclub, but they will have to bring more than the memory of an old winning streak to beat us. THey do not have anything offensively we are not prepared for. A good Tight end and a very good running back coupled with a solid qb isn't going to do the trick against us. They will have to score or hope that we come unglued in the way OM did in Arkansas last year. Sorry. I'm not buying the hype hogs.

OM........Stout defense. Cannot argue with the strength of their front 7. But I can damn sure tell you I have no reason to believe they will be more effective in the secondary, able to run the ball to take pressure off the qb, able to pass the ball effectively without a stout running game and get the ball in the hands of who is most capable of doing the most damage. OM struggles this fall and leaves Starkville in a bus without Kelly that crashes just outside of town because we beat the breaks off it too. Their fans will be focused on Signing day BEFORE thanksgiving.

Dawgtini
09-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Yes! 15-0!!!!