PDA

View Full Version : What did LSU DC Kevin Steele do on his summer vacation? Study Dak,

DancingRabbit
09-01-2015, 05:51 PM
State's offense and Auburn's offense.

All I really care about is that we win, but I would love to show out again minus taking the foot off the throat.

Kevin Steele spent a few days during the summer at this beach house in the Carolinas.

He fished some. He crabbed some. He got some sun and enjoyed a front-row seat to the Atlantic Ocean.

He did something else, too.

"Watched Mississippi State and Auburn," LSU's first-year defensive coordinator said recently at a high school coaches clinic.

Already, the Tigers are bracing for what could be a make-or-break first month of the season. In Game 2, LSU travels to play a Dak Prescott-led Mississippi State team that won 10 games last season and, the very next week, hosts an Auburn squad picked to win the conference.

Steele got to work early, studying tape of the Tigers' first two tests - two of the most high-octane offenses LSU will face this year.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/13121731-123/lsus-defense-under-kevin-steele

BeardoMSU
09-01-2015, 05:53 PM
I can't be the only one that feels just a tad weird to have so much confidence going into the LSU game....I mean, considering our history with those bastards....

msstate7
09-01-2015, 05:57 PM
I can't be the only one that feels just a tad weird to have so much confidence going into the LSU game....I mean, considering our history with those bastards....

I'm certainly not overconfident. That game is gonna be very tough for both teams. I like us to win bc our star will get his hands on the ball every offensive play and theirs (LF) will only get his hands on the ball around 20

BulldogBear
09-01-2015, 06:05 PM
I actually think stopping the run will be our strength as usual. Fournette better be a man because if we contain him this one will get ugly. Their passing game is not scary at all though they more score a few points. If they win this game it will be because we could not stop the run. In a thread a few weeks back asking for bold predictions about this CFB season, mine was the we will beat an SEC team (not specific as to who yet) not named Kentucky by 28 or more points this season. This could be the game.

DancingRabbit
09-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Amongst a few other things it's the DAK-effect. Rarely mentioned this year, but in the past I've been told QB was the most important position on the field.

BeardoMSU
09-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I actually think stopping the run will be our strength as usual. Fournette better be a man because if we contain him this one will get ugly. Their passing game is not scary at all though they more score a few points. If they win this game it will be because we could not stop the run. In a thread a few weeks back asking for bold predictions about this CFB season, mine was the we will beat an SEC team (not specific as to who yet) not named Kentucky by 28 or more points this season. This could be the game.

We've always been pretty good at stopping the traditional run up the middle schemes, though, while have some trouble here and there with the outside runners and triple-options. LSU played into that last year, as well as Bama. If Bama didn't have a QB that could scramble and pick up 1st downs with his legs, we win that game.

TrapGame
09-01-2015, 07:32 PM
We'll, Steele had a month at Clemson to prepare for WVU. We all know how that turned out.

Dallas_Dawg
09-01-2015, 09:33 PM
We are going to have to gang tackle that big son of a bitch. We normally do that better at home. It's so much fun to watch when we are fired up on D and swarming the ball. I think Manny is going to bring that attitude back, but going on the road it's tough to maintain that swagger

TaleofTwoDogs
09-01-2015, 11:04 PM
I have a feeling that Steele will be spending a lot of time reviewing the UM and GT game films. We need to clean up our mistakes from those two games.

TUSK
09-01-2015, 11:12 PM
this is good to know...

smootness
09-01-2015, 11:15 PM
I have a feeling that Steele will be spending a lot of time reviewing the UM and GT game films. We need to clean up our mistakes from those two games.

Our offense lit up GT. Our issues had nothing to do with offense in that one.

Anyway, we're going to destroy LSU.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2015, 11:17 PM
They. Will. Not. Out. Score. Us.

Fournette can run for a damn mile and it won't matter.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2015, 11:22 PM
They. Will. Not. Out. Score. Us.

Fournette can run for a damn mile and it won't matter.

"so it has been said it shall be done"

Jack Lambert
09-02-2015, 08:04 AM

Anyway, we're going to destroy LSU.

I totally agree!

RougeDawg
09-02-2015, 08:55 AM

It's not a weird feeling. I knew we would dominate them last year, and have the game week posts to back it up. We were simply the better team last year, when you combine talent and experience. The location of the game was not enough of a factor to mask the gap. We are again The better "Team" this year, so those who think we shouldn't win this game should be in the monitory. Only those ignorant of the current State of our Program Should feel like we have a slim chance of winning this game, when in reality it's LSU who has the slim chance at a W.

Barring a complete meltdown and 4+ turnovers we should dominate them again this year, while not taking thy foot off the pedal. For that matter we are better than, talent and experience wise, than 10 of the teams we play this year and are just about even with Auburn, while slightly trailing Bama. Auburn will be the toughest win IMO, followed by Bama simply based on the "experience + talent" combo and Game location. In working on my season prediction similar to last year where I believe I had us 10-2 or 11-1 regular season based on the same reasons stated above, talent + experience + game location.

bulldawg28
09-02-2015, 11:52 AM
A&M is a dark horse that concerns me defensively. I know we'll score I'm worried about our defensive pressure and all those WR's.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2015, 11:58 AM

Indeed. If you had told me before the game that Dak would have 500 total yards and 4 tds, I would have bet the farm on a blowout. Good thing I didn't though, as I couldn't have accounted for GT's uniforms that night being made of Teflon....Our defense was ghastly that game.