PDA

View Full Version : Shump stat

Leroy Jenkins
09-01-2015, 11:38 AM
in 94 career carries he has averaged 5 ypc, which I would consider very serviceable. My point is, he will do even better running with the 1s all year.I'm expecting there to be no dropoff whatsoever.

Not to mention the benefits he brings to the pass game.

GreenheadDawg
09-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Didn't realize his YPC was that high. I think he will definitely be a factor in the passing game and especially in pass blocking. He's light years ahead in Robinson in pass blocking

Leroy Jenkins
09-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Didn't realize his YPC was that high. I think he will definitely be a factor in the passing game and especially in pass blocking. He's light years ahead in Robinson in pass blocking

To be technical its 4.9892473118. I took the liberty of rounding up, he could have gotten shorted a fraction of an inch on a spot.

bulldawg28
09-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Not shabby at all. He'll carry that torch plus Shump is a mean player that will set an intimidating tone.

Homedawg
09-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Not trying to start another anti shump thread but holloway Avg over 6.5 so I don't think using his yard per carry avg is very meaningful in this argument. He's our best all around back. It remains to be seen how good of a runner he is game in game out. I think he will have a solid year, not spectacular.

Leroy Jenkins
09-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Not trying to start another anti shump thread but holloway Avg over 6.5 so I don't think using his yard per carry avg is very meaningful in this argument. He's our best all around back. It remains to be seen how good of a runner he is game in game out. I think he will have a solid year, not spectacular.

True but Holloway has nearly half as many carries. Take away the 51 yarder vs aTm and he has about 280 career yards. The "eye test' tells me the two are not comparable.

Homedawg
09-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Last year alone- holloway 45 carries 296 yards 6.5 avg. long of 51. shump had 47 carries for 282 w a long of 59. I'm not arguing that shump isn't the better back, what I'm saying is, using the stats doesn't show us anything. Take away shump's long run against a horseshit defense and his avg is still less than holloway's. Stats can be skewed to show one's particular point and in this case the stats fail.

Eta- let me be clear I'm not in anyway saying holloway should be on the field more than shump or is in his league as an every down back.

mstatefan91
09-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Shump will do well being the every down back. His problem always seemed to be that he needed a few carries before he got comfortable. He'd then get a few more carries (always better than the first few and then sit for long stretches).

War Machine Dawg
09-01-2015, 03:58 PM
True but Holloway has nearly half as many carries. Take away the 51 yarder vs aTm and he has about 280 career yards. The "eye test' tells me the two are not comparable.

Worth pointing out: Holloway has only been a RB for one season. And he is never going to be a feature back for us. He's a change of pace back. The 51 yard run against aTm is exactly the reason he's getting carries. His role is to come in and break off the occasional long run.

jumbo
09-01-2015, 03:59 PM
To be technical its 4.9892473118. I took the liberty of rounding up, he could have gotten shorted a fraction of an inch on a spot.

well we play at Auburn this year so we'll call it 4.5 YPC