PDA

View Full Version : This could be a bad weekend for the SEC.

Jack Lambert
09-01-2015, 10:44 AM
There are some games the SEC could lose.

Maroons
09-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Arizona State beating A&M is most likely. Really can't see Bama losing to Wisconsin or Auburn losing to Louisville.

RC3
09-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Bama will roll
Auburn may struggle but should pull it out
Won't be surprised if A&M loses
I also don't think we cover ��

Jack Lambert
09-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Arizona State beating A&M is most likely. Really can't see Bama losing to Wisconsin or Auburn losing to Louisville.

You are probably right but Bama and Auburn could be on the ropes. Bama more likely. Pertrino usually don't have good Defense.

That Bama game could be a slober Knocker.

Bully13
09-01-2015, 11:05 AM
17 em all cept us

RC3
09-01-2015, 11:06 AM
You are probably right but Bama and Auburn could be on the ropes. Bama more likely. Pertrino usually don't have good Defense.

That Bama game could be a slober Knocker.

I am gonna disagree. I don't see anyway a one dimensional offense such as Wisconsin will be able to move the ball at all against Bama. Now I havent followed Wisconsin that closely in recent years, but they have always seemed to rely heavily on the run. I dont see that being very successful against Bama this year

RC3
09-01-2015, 11:08 AM
I also think USc could lose to UNC but I bet they squeak it out as well. I fully expect Western Kentucky to beat Vandy as well.

Jack Lambert
09-01-2015, 11:08 AM
I am gonna disagree. I don't see anyway a one dimensional offense such as Wisconsin will be able to move the ball at all against Bama. Now I havent followed Wisconsin that closely in recent years, but they have always seemed to rely heavily on the run. I dont see that being very successful against Bama this year

I just think Bama is going to have trouble scoring themselves. This is going to be a old fashion big man on big man but Bama will be too deep for them and pull it out. I think it will be a lot like the LSU vs Wis game last year.

I am really looking forward for that game.

preachermatt83
09-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Im picking Vandy, aTm, and Auburn to lose.

Dallas_Dawg
09-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Im picking Vandy, aTm, and Auburn to lose.

I picked vandy and aTm to lose in my weekly pickem.
I think Louisville will make it close but auburn pulls one out of their ass at the end

bulldawg28
09-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Auburn may drop this one...They'll need everything to pull this one out. Petrino is going to score.

Reason2succeed
09-01-2015, 11:47 AM
17 em all cept us

I'm with you! I'm done pulling for other teams in the SEC. In the words of Drake "mother17ers never loved us".

DownwardDawg
09-01-2015, 11:58 AM
17 em all cept us

^^^This^^^
I hope they all lose....badly.
I think Louisville beats Auburn and aTm gets hammered. I think Bama will struggle, but pull it out.

preachermatt83
09-01-2015, 12:29 PM
ive never understood the SEC love.. Teams that we play against are our "Rivals" .. I never want our rivals to win.

Bubb Rubb
09-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Auburn may drop this one...They'll need everything to pull this one out. Petrino is going to score.

I'd love for Auburn to lose, but part of me wants them undefeated and highly ranked when we beat them.

bulldawg28
09-01-2015, 01:03 PM
I'd love for Auburn to lose, but part of me wants them undefeated and highly ranked when we beat them.

I'm Ok with that as well.

Johnson85
09-01-2015, 01:07 PM
ive never understood the SEC love.. Teams that we play against are our "Rivals" .. I never want our rivals to win.

If we were to win the West this year, it would likely be with a loss. You wouldn't want the best case possible to go to the playoffs as a one loss team?

Coach34
09-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Bobby Petrino is 10-0 in season openers

Dawgface
09-01-2015, 01:15 PM
I hope AU falls on their face along with the other team from AL. And I'm not only talking about game one.

ckDOG
09-01-2015, 01:16 PM
I love hating on the SEC powers as much as the next guy, but if we ever expect to get in the playoff, we need them to win their strong OOC games - with our current scheduling at least. A 1 loss MSU in a weak SEC doesn't get in. A 1 loss MSU team in a strong SEC very likely does. That's not me advocating a stronger schedule - time is going to take care of that for us, but the way it stands now, we benefit from a strong conference reputation.

Look at Baylor and TCU. If they want to make the playoffs this year, it's going to help them temendously if Texas and OU beat ND and Tenn. It would elevate the status of the Big 12 and help their own credibility down the road.

Bully13
09-01-2015, 01:26 PM
I will admit we wouldn't had that 5 week run if lsu,am,au had lost prior to us whipping dat ass

Maroonthirteen
09-01-2015, 01:31 PM
I love hating on the SEC powers as much as the next guy, but if we ever expect to get in the playoff, we need them to win their strong OOC games - with our current scheduling at least. A 1 loss MSU in a weak SEC doesn't get in. A 1 loss MSU team in a strong SEC very likely does. That's not me advocating a stronger schedule - time is going to take care of that for us, but the way it stands now, we benefit from a strong conference reputation.

This all day long. I loathe Alabama fans but their team needs to win. So does Auburn. Last year, we never reach the #1 ranking without the assumption that we beat strong SEC teams in LSU, AU and aTm.

But I don't agree that we were going to make the playoff last year with 1 loss. Which was absolutely ridicuous but....the writing was on the wall. The only way a 1 loss MSU makes the playoffs is with a SECCG win..

missouridawg
09-01-2015, 01:32 PM
I will admit we wouldn't had that 5 week run if lsu,am,au had lost prior to us whipping dat ass

I'm not sure why people are having a hard time with this concept. Our rise to #1 last year was directly related to the perception of the quality of teams that LSU, aTm, and Auburn were last year. They all turned out to be pretty mediocre teams, but we benefited greatly from their appearance of being great teams.

I'm not saying you need to go out and buy a golf polo of every SEC team and wear it during their games... Nor do you have to sit there and cheer them on... but it tremendously benefits MSU when the other SEC teams are great. And it's very important for us, if we plan on getting to the playoffs in the future, that Auburn, Bama, and aTm are all solid teams that have respect nationally.

BulldogBear
09-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Well, whatever happens I do know this. If SEC doesn't go 14-0 opening weekend, even a 13-1 hiccup, the SEC will be "down" and overrated.

Maroonthirteen
09-01-2015, 01:47 PM
If the 1 hiccup is Bama, there will be a lot of discussion about the Big10 being a stronger conference. However, if the hiccup involves anyone other than AU and Bama.....the hiccup won't register.

If the SEC goes 12-2 with AU and Bama losing, then yes. The narrative will be the SEC is down. ESPN will be unwatchable if USC, AU and Bama lose.

Bubb Rubb
09-01-2015, 01:57 PM
If the 1 hiccup is Bama, there will be a lot of discussion about the Big10 being a stronger conference. However, if the hiccup involves anyone other than AU and Bama.....the hiccup won't register.

If the SEC goes 12-2 with AU and Bama losing, then yes. The narrative will be the SEC is down. ESPN will be unwatchable if USC, AU and Bama lose.

ESPN is already unwatchable....

TUSK
09-01-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure why people are having a hard time with this concept. Our rise to #1 last year was directly related to the perception of the quality of teams that LSU, aTm, and Auburn were last year. They all turned out to be pretty mediocre teams, but we benefited greatly from their appearance of being great teams.

I'm not saying you need to go out and buy a golf polo of every SEC team and wear it during their games... Nor do you have to sit there and cheer them on... but it tremendously benefits MSU when the other SEC teams are great. And it's very important for us, if we plan on getting to the playoffs in the future, that Auburn, Bama, and aTm are all solid teams that have respect nationally.

this is correct... the CFP committee wants to see wins over teams with good records, IMO...

Dawgface
09-01-2015, 02:47 PM

I'm not saying you need to go out and buy a golf polo of every SEC team and wear it during their games... Nor do you have to sit there and cheer them on... .

The concept is not hard to understand at all. But how can you say you don't have to pull for these teams if you want these teams to be as good as possible when we play them? Of course you have to pull them, even if your not wearing their school colors on game day. These schools will be good more often than not and maybe that will benefit us some years, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pull them. In fact I'm going to pull against them.

LiterallyPolice
09-01-2015, 02:57 PM

I see what you're saying, but there's another way of looking at it. Our greatest chance of making the playoff is winning the SEC outright. Other SEC teams being down (i.e. losing early and often) increases this chances of this happening.