PDA

View Full Version : The Buzzards are saying .........

Liverpooldawg
08-31-2015, 08:33 PM
there are still 2000 tickets left for the game.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Hmm...not surprised, I guess. I don't know many rational people who'd pay 100 quid for an emotional curb-stomping.

Liverpooldawg
08-31-2015, 08:38 PM
According to them it's our fault it's not a sell out. I wasn't aware they ever sold it out.

RC3
08-31-2015, 08:59 PM
According to them it's our fault it's not a sell out. I wasn't aware they ever sold it out.

It's their fault for not offering single game tickets several weeks ago when people were trying to make their plans. When they pulled the stunt they did, I think many people just decided to watch it from their recliners

Billy Ray Valentine
08-31-2015, 09:05 PM

After both of their fans bought theirs, it was all up to us to make it happen

woozman
08-31-2015, 09:08 PM
It's their fault for not offering single game tickets several weeks ago when people were trying to make their plans. When they pulled the stunt they did, I think many people just decided to watch it from their recliners

And throw in the 9:00 game time. I live 1.5 hours from USM and I'm not going. I'm not driving home at 2:00 AM and I'm not paying for a hotel that close to my house.

TUSK
08-31-2015, 09:11 PM
I'll say this....

If this game doesn't sell out, both programs need to be embarrassed...

IMissJack
08-31-2015, 09:16 PM
there are still 2000 tickets left for the game.

The eagles messed up by trying to balance their athletic budget through this one game.

archdog
08-31-2015, 09:20 PM
Why should we be embarrassed. We didn't allow the midnight game. We did not keep single game tickets locked down until 12 days before kickoff. We had less to do with their failure than their 10 fans not having enough cousins and sister girlfriends to fill that place up. Education majors historically don't buy too many tickets. Oh yeah, their architrcture type of program lies to their students by telling them they can be an architect with that degree. You can't. Also they look too much like Iowa. Iowa wasn't travelling to SMiss for that game. Buzzards are pussies too. Give me some sort of bird that attacks something that is alive. Might as well be a bunch of maggots. I said it.

AlSwearengen
08-31-2015, 09:23 PM
I'll say this....

You may not know the history with usm. Some of the bush league shit that they have pulled from the administration down has caused a lot of hard feelings. I still haven't gotten over them sending a cop on the field to get Polk. They are like Palestinians. Any possible way they can cause us discomfort, they will. They sell standing room only tickets to baseball games and then won't let you stand anywhere that you can see the game. I could go on and on, but won't.

I live in Hattiesburg and I will not support them in any way. Especially buying one of their tickets.

sandwolf
08-31-2015, 09:24 PM

This.

messageboardsuperhero
08-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Why would MSU be embarrassed?

We didn't have the opportunity to buy single game tickets until yesterday.
CUSA's shitty TV deal is forcing this game to be played at 9.

By the time USM offered tickets to MSU fans, everyone I talked to had already decided to watch the game from home.

Pokechop Womack
08-31-2015, 09:35 PM
If you aren't in Hattiesburg... you aren't a Dawg... its that simple....

BeardoMSU
08-31-2015, 09:38 PM

Uh....no....

TUSK
08-31-2015, 09:40 PM
1) Ya'll agreed to play AT USM.
2) Ya'll had (arguably) the best season in MSU history last year.
3) Ya'll return the best QB in the country and a Heisman candidate.
4) Ya'll have a lot to prove to disbelievers that don't give you enough respect.
5) Regardless of when tickets "became available to the public", there should be plenty of yall to scoop em up...
6) Those that really wanted to go would have paid the $17* and got USM season tickets.
8) etc, etc.

ya gotta make mickey mouse horseshit sacrifices to get to the Big Leagues.

Also, I bet it sells out... and I bet MSU fans are the reason why.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-31-2015, 09:47 PM
I live in Hattiesburg and I will not support them in any way. Especially buying one of their tickets.

Man, that's hard core. So go to the game to support the DAWGS. I live 10 hours away and would love to have the Bulldogs playing in my city. I go to games to enjoy football and support the dawgs. The last thing I care about is that some of the ticket price is used to support the opposition's athletic dept. Go to the game, see State skull drag the buzzards and go home a happy man.

Pokechop Womack
08-31-2015, 09:49 PM
Uh....no....

You trying to justify the reason you won't be attendance?

mstatefan91
08-31-2015, 09:49 PM
This is one of those times that Tusk just doesn't get it

RC3
08-31-2015, 09:50 PM
4) Ya'll have a lot to prove to disbelievers that don't give you enough respect.
5) Regardless of when tickets "became available to the public", there should be plenty of yall to scoop em up...
6) Those that really wanted to go would have paid the $17* and got USM season tickets.
8) etc, etc.

I'm gonna kinda agree here. I found tickets through other avenues. 9:00 kickoff be damned. Yeah the drive home is gonna suck but come on, no reason we shouldn't fill this place up. I'm like you though, it will probably be pretty close to a sell out

BeardoMSU
08-31-2015, 09:52 PM
You trying to justify the reason you won't be attendance?

Ya caught me***

TUSK
08-31-2015, 09:54 PM

Daddio, I'm an open minded cat...

lemme know where I'm off base, buddy.

TUSK
08-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Regarding the "season tickets" trick USM pulled.... Auburn did the same thing (with the Iron Bowl) to their fans some years ago...

Bammers scooped em up.

Oh, and neither team was that special then....

mstatefan91
08-31-2015, 10:01 PM

Lol you are on base. Everything you are saying is the logical thing to do, but sports' fans aren't always logical. Surely you know this as a Bammer fan?

TUSK
08-31-2015, 10:06 PM
Lol you are on base. Everything you are saying is the logical thing to do, but sports' fans aren't always logical. Surely you know this as a Bammer fan?

touche'....

dammit

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2015, 10:52 PM
Regarding the "season tickets" trick USM pulled.... Auburn did the same thing (with the Iron Bowl) to their fans some years ago...

Bammers scooped em up.

One difference: You've got a whole lot of fans with more money than sense. They buy season tickets and parking passes to all the away games just to use for the Bama game. I had a buddy at Northern Miss who was given a parking pass by a Bammer right in The Vaught's main lot after the Bama game that year. He'd bought tickets & a pass just so he wouldn't have to walk. We don't have fans walking around with that kind of money.

TUSK
08-31-2015, 11:45 PM
One difference: You've got a whole lot of fans with more money than sense. They buy season tickets and parking passes to all the away games just to use for the Bama game. I had a buddy at Northern Miss who was given a parking pass by a Bammer right in The Vaught's main lot after the Bama game that year. He'd bought tickets & a pass just so he wouldn't have to walk. We don't have fans walking around with that kind of money.

then sell more meth.

oops**** meant that as a "redneck bammer" crack....

Todd4State
09-01-2015, 02:25 AM

Yep. We're letting USM tie their own noose.

If they had been more cordial, it might have led to more games in the future- and thus more money for them in the long run.

The rumor was they weren't going to sell single game tickets until the day of the game- but I wonder what happened. They probably weren't selling enough and then had to give in.

sbcmortgageman
09-01-2015, 04:54 AM
8) etc, etc.

I'll say this....

What's embarrassing is how much time you spend on an MSU board.

Dawgface
09-01-2015, 06:35 AM
He's here to educate us the bama way. Roll dogs!

Jarius
09-01-2015, 07:16 AM
I think the best thing we can do is fill the place with maroon and take over their stadium. Giving them a few thousand extra bucks is not going to help them out enough to matter. Their football team walking out to a sea of maroon in their home stadium will be all the enjoyment I need. Their program is toast. The stadium will be empty for the other home games. Let's fill this 1 game up with maroon to embarrass them once again. The score will be bad enough, but us Owning their stadium from the opening kick would be a cherry on top. Their fans have been terrified for months that we would take over their stadium. Let's make that a reality. We only play 13 or so games a year. I'm not skipping a single one I can go to. Especially one right down the road.

starkvegasdawg
09-01-2015, 07:37 AM

It's our fauly they can't sell out there own stadium. Talk about a bunch of whiny pansies. If they want a sell out they should just move it back to Starkville. Nobody wants to go to Hattiesburg and watch a game that is over before it began that doesn't kick 9:00.

archdog
09-01-2015, 08:11 AM
What's embarrassing is how much time you spend on an MSU board.

Or the fact that you are lecturing us on the merits of going to a stadium playing a team out of conference, when the last time Alabama did that was in the 80s.

archdog
09-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Yeah, watching a game in Hattiesburg is like watching a game in Reform.

Johnson85
09-01-2015, 08:28 AM

How in the world would selling out USM's stadium help our program? It's just not relevant. We're going to outnumber them two to one in their own stadium and it would be more except that USM held back a bunch of tickets. If this was a game against the USM team from four years ago, I would agree it would be a little surprising for us to not sell out their stadium, even with USM trying to hold back tickets. But we would have sold out their stadium then (although then USM probably woudl have gone even stupider and tried to jack up the tickets four-fold and demand season ticket purchases). But people aren't going to make plans to scalp tickets to a game that's not sold out, against a shitty opponent, for a 9pm kickoff, in a town that people don't want to travel to.

Liverpooldawg
09-01-2015, 08:32 AM

Bammers scooped em up.

USM isn't our Auburn.

Dog316
09-01-2015, 09:01 AM
<><><><><><><>

One of those times?

Drugdog
09-01-2015, 09:07 AM

Most dumb ass post I have ever seen.

shannondawg
09-01-2015, 09:12 AM
I doubt it, but I might have to watch the 2nd half on dvr Sunday morning.

Pollodawg
09-01-2015, 09:15 AM

Have you met the average Bammer fan? Willing to say the average Bama fan IS NOT better off financially than the average MSU fan.

DudyDawg
09-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Kickoff at 9 is the reason lot of students aren't going. No time to go out after (not even sure any would want to down there). Much more fun to watch it from the cotton district

Pollodawg
09-01-2015, 09:36 AM
The late kick off is the absolute reason people aren't going. It has nothing to do with not being able to afford a ticket. If this game started at, say, 2:00 or 2:30, there would have been no contest.

thunderclap
09-01-2015, 09:40 AM
The late kick off is the absolute reason people aren't going. It has nothing to do with not being able to afford a ticket. If this game started at, say, 2:00 or 2:30, there would have been no contest.

Or at 4. Or 6. Or 7. Or anything else logical.

Drugdog
09-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Also who wants to drive on Hwy 49 at night with a bunch of drunks. 49 is dangerous enough

TUSK
09-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Or the fact that you are lecturing us on the merits of going to a stadium playing a team out of conference, when the last time Alabama did that was in the 80s.

It's been awhile, you're right... but 25K made the trip to UCLA in '00 and over 30K went to Norman, OK in either '01 or '02...

but you make a great point, I'll stand down.