PDA

View Full Version : O-Line question

somebodyshotmypaw
08-31-2015, 06:29 PM
We know the starting 5. We also pretty much know what happens if either tackle or guard gets hurt. And it doesn't always follow the depth chart, as last year proved when Day was suspended and when Malone missed a game (both times Desper was inserted at right guard and Beckwith moved, rather than simply inserting the 2nd string center or left guard according to the depth chart).

So what happens if Clayborn goes down? Would Johnson start? Or would we put Calhoun at center? I'm thinking Calhoun to center maybe. Thoughts?

IMissJack
08-31-2015, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=

So what happens if Clayborn goes down? Would Johnson start? Or would we put Calhoun at center? I'm thinking Calhoun to center maybe. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Desper a center in high school?

somebodyshotmypaw
08-31-2015, 07:20 PM
Wasn't Desper a center in high school?

He was. He worked at center when he first got to campus, but had snapping issues I believe.

Dawgtini
08-31-2015, 08:19 PM
I think one of the existing/remaining starting four would move over and a new guard would be inserted.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-31-2015, 08:23 PM
this is my biggest question about the line, I like our depth at every other spot. I was told on this board that Desper would not be back at C. If not Desper, I don't think any of the remaining starting 4 would make the move to center. I like the Calhoun solution, but don't know how much time he's spent there. If he's being groomed as Malone's replacement, then I don't see him getting many reps at C.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-31-2015, 08:23 PM
I think one of the existing/remaining starting four would move over and a new guard would be inserted.

I don't see any of the starting guards or tackles playing center other than maybe Desper.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-31-2015, 08:45 PM
Would be Joq & if he struggled Calhoun.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-31-2015, 08:49 PM
Would be Joq & if he struggled Calhoun.

Maybe. Not heard good stuff from Joq.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-31-2015, 08:55 PM
Maybe. Not heard good stuff from Joq.

Hev just said he's had his best couple weeks of practice since he's been here last week.

Jack Lambert
08-31-2015, 09:17 PM
What did the depth chart say?

somebodyshotmypaw
08-31-2015, 09:21 PM
What did the depth chart say?

Depth chart said Joq. But it said Muniz last year, and we all knew that was not accurate.

Glad to hear Joq is coming along.