PDA

View Full Version : Big league no no and ESPN stupidity

shoeless joe
08-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Jake arrieta with a no hitter...absolutely love his stuff. Cubs may become the team I follow thru postseason.

But why the hell is there a female color analyst?!?! I understand ESPN's agenda but damn...at least have someone that has some experience in high level baseball give me opinions and break downs. If it weren't for college football I'd never watch ESPN.

mstatefan91
08-30-2015, 10:57 PM
Bro...

BeardoMSU
08-30-2015, 11:01 PM
But why the hell is there a female color analyst?!?!

I know right?!?! She should be in the kitchen cooking something!!!!****

War Machine Dawg
08-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Jake arrieta with a no hitter...absolutely love his stuff. Cubs may become the team I follow thru postseason.

But why the hell is there a female color analyst?!?! I understand ESPN's agenda but damn...at least have someone that has some experience in high level baseball give me opinions and break downs. If it weren't for college football I'd never watch ESPN.

Because they suspended Curt Schilling for having the balls to tell the truth about Islam and ISIS. And you know as well as I do why ESPN is doing what they do. They've been at the forefront of pushing the social agendas.

TUSK
08-30-2015, 11:54 PM
Baseball acumen is a social construct?*

Todd4State
08-31-2015, 12:02 AM
I bet she was better than Joe Morgan. But then again so is my lamp.

dawgs
08-31-2015, 12:03 AM
Because they suspended Curt Schilling for having the balls to tell the truth about Islam and ISIS. And you know as well as I do why ESPN is doing what they do. They've been at the forefront of pushing the social agendas.

Actually his tweet was factually incorrect and completely misleading by trying to draw a comparison that doesn't make any sense.

TUSK
08-31-2015, 12:25 AM
Actually his tweet was factually incorrect and completely misleading by trying to draw a comparison that doesn't make any sense.

did Curt say something incorrect or just insensitive...? I've no researched it in depth.

Smitty
08-31-2015, 12:35 AM
did Curt say something incorrect or just insensitive...? I've no researched it in depth.

Very few Germans were actually Nazis
Very few Muslims are actually terrorists
Only takes a few to **** shit up

TUSK
08-31-2015, 01:00 AM
Very few Germans were actually Nazis
Very few Muslims are actually terrorists
Only takes a few to **** shit up

Damn, if I were a Nazi, that'd offend me, too.

MSUMatt
08-31-2015, 06:36 AM
I did Nazi that coming.

shoeless joe
08-31-2015, 07:05 AM
I know right?!?! She should be in the kitchen cooking something!!!!****

Not surprised by your response...but let me help you out. The fact that she's a femal isn't as much the issue as is the fact that 99.9% of all other analysts have experience in the game. I can only think Of one off the top of my head that doesn't and that's tom verducci on some fox games and I don't like that either. The specific job of a color analyst is to give insight to what's going on...I want experience to come into play.

thf24
08-31-2015, 07:18 AM
Eagerly awaiting Mutt's take on this thread.

msstate7
08-31-2015, 07:47 AM
Cubs may become the team I follow thru postseason.

You don't think our Braves have a run in them to get to the postseason?***

I attended a Rangers' game this weekend. It was nice to see some good baseball for the first time in a while. I'm adopting the rangers for the rest of this year.

RougeDawg
08-31-2015, 10:41 AM

What was factually inaccurate about what he said? He expresses the percentages of horrible groups who made the entire group look bad. I'm sorry if ones comprehension skills prevent one from deducing the correct message. That's not
Curt's fault either.

I'll summarize for you and others - All groups have bad apples, but some groups bad apples murder thousands to millions of innocent people throughout history. Thus creating a "perception" of the entire group of people That sticks to them forever. What Curt said was fairly elementary in it's meaning and comprehension.

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2015, 10:52 AM
What was factually inaccurate about what he said? He expresses the percentages of horrible groups who made the entire group look bad. I'm sorry if ones comprehension skills prevent one from deducing the correct message. That's not
Curt's fault either.

I'll summarize for you and others - All groups have bad apples, but some groups bad apples murder thousands to millions of innocent people throughout history. Thus creating a "perception" of the entire group of people That sticks to them forever. What Curt said was fairly elementary in it's meaning and comprehension.

I wish I could give reputation for this post. Unfortunately, I've hit my 24 hour limit. ESPN: The (P)MSNBC of Sports Media.