PDA

View Full Version : If you want to watch the greatest HS qb ever** espnu- IMG academy vs Miramar

RC3
08-30-2015, 12:47 PM
1:00

I do seriously want to see what all the hype is about. I think they lost a preseason game pretty badly a week or two ago

scottycameron
08-30-2015, 01:35 PM
he's lighting it up, but I'm not too sure about the competition. Miramar looks like a terrible team. Not sure you can take anything away from this game.

I seen it dawg
08-30-2015, 01:41 PM
This is 7 on 7. With an all star team against some plugs. Terrible

RealHastings
08-30-2015, 01:42 PM
He looks 'ok' imo. Has a quick release but his height and size are concerning to me, especially playing in the SEC. Also, Mirimar doesn't seem like much competition, either. I'm still not buying his hype. Seems more like a 3, maybe 4 star qb; definitely not a 5 star with that size.

I seen it dawg
08-30-2015, 01:43 PM
And the savior better do some growing. He's a runt.

ScoobaDawg
08-30-2015, 01:43 PM
This is 7 on 7. With an all star team against some plugs. Terrible

exactly. It will be 120-0 if they dont stop.

I seen it dawg
08-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Must be a bad qb class this year.

ScottH
08-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Mirimar is Top 25 in Florida. IMG isn't just recruited talent it's recruited national talent which puts it on a different plane usually. I read the roster included players from 15 states and 3 countries.

Has the IMG receiver done the Hat thing for UM yet? He was rumored to pick today. Bears supposedly over LSU.

I seen it dawg
08-30-2015, 01:53 PM
He's a mechanical camp qb. Great in his drop back mechanics from drills. Let's his mechanics leave as soon as a defender gets close. Hope he keeps his commitment to UNM.

Coach34
08-30-2015, 02:05 PM
That team IMG is playing is not top 25 in Fla. They are about to be 0-2. They are uncoached Delta school bad

5 Star
08-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Guy is the #1 quarterback recruit in the country, and #4 recruit overall, according to 247 composite. We just look stupid trying to downplay the guy's ability. He's good. This is similar from trying to downplay Eli Manning being the Super Bowl MVP - best just let them have their time in the sun on this one.

Facts are, they have a big time quarterback committing and they are looking very strong in Mississippi recruiting at the moment. That's honestly all I care about, who wins the Mississippi battle.

RealHastings
08-30-2015, 02:11 PM
After seeing some more: He's missed on several open throws and looks scared trying to throw from the pocket. And this is against sub par pass rushers from Mirimar. Yep, he's definitely All-World iyam.**

RC3
08-30-2015, 02:25 PM
Idk. Kid looks good to me. I haven't seen the other top qb recruits in the country so I can't compare but I do see what the hype is about

msstate7
08-30-2015, 02:26 PM
Guy is the #1 quarterback recruit in the country, and #4 recruit overall, according to 247 composite. We just look stupid trying to downplay the guy's ability. He's good. This is similar from trying to downplay Eli Manning being the Super Bowl MVP - best just let them have their time in the sun on this one.

Facts are, they have a big time quarterback committing and they are looking very strong in Mississippi recruiting at the moment. That's honestly all I care about, who wins the Mississippi battle.

Yep. 5* qb's always work out

Sincerely,
Mitch mustain

I do agree we aren't giving him the credit he deserves, but he's no lock to set the world on fire.

ScottH
08-30-2015, 02:29 PM
That team IMG is playing is not top 25 in Fla. They are about to be 0-2. They are uncoached Delta school bad

I don't make it up. I just report what I find.

Copied from Max Preps....

Miramar Football 2015
Overall 0-0 District 0-0 National Rank 137 State (FL) Rank 13

Miramar certainly looks like they suck to me.

5 Star
08-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Yep. 5* qb's always work out

Sincerely,
Mitch mustain

I do agree we aren't giving him the credit he deserves, but he's no lock to set the world on fire.
Are you trying to tell me that Mitch Mustain was not talented and worthy of being recruited?

Stop attempting to create doubt and be argumentative when there is no reason. ALL recruits could fail for a variety of reasons, but they have a better chance at success with superior talent, and this guy has it, as evidenced by his accolades.

662dawg
08-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Are you trying to tell me that Mitch Mustain was not talented and worthy of being recruited?

Stop attempting to create doubt and be argumentative when there is no reason. ALL recruits could fail for a variety of reasons, but they have a better chance at success with superior talent, and this guy has it, as evidenced by his accolades.

You're trying awful hard here. Kinda weird.

msstate7
08-30-2015, 02:44 PM

Goat always goes out of his way to praise the Rebs. He's a dawg though... Just a confused one

Jarius
08-30-2015, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty sure what they are trying to say is that a 5 foot 11 inch quarterback that runs a 4.9 and is putting up good numbers on a team that recruits 15 of the best national prospects in the country to play for them isn't that big of a deal.

Coackjek
08-30-2015, 02:50 PM

He's like this with many of his post.

GreenheadDawg
08-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Goat always goes out of his way to praise the Rebs. He's a dawg though... Just a confused one

That explains it!! I've been thinking he was a troll bear shark for a while now but it makes more sense that it's goat

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2015, 02:52 PM

Looking strong in MS recruiting?

You realize they have virtually no shot in landing any of the real top 3 players in the state. Simmons, Brown, and Lashley aren't going to OM. All they have in MS is Metcalf and Benito Jones. Is that would you call strong?

GreenheadDawg
08-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Looking strong in MS recruiting?

You realize they have virtually no shot in landing any of the real top 3 players in the state. Simmons, Brown, and Lashley aren't going to OM. All they have in MS is Metcalf and Benito Jones. Is that would you call strong?

He has seriously outed himself in this thread. He had a good run

Tripp McNeely
08-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Would not look good in our offense, and really ain't bringing in the croots like we thought...so, to quote Lloyd Christmas, "I don't care!!"

Dawgology
08-30-2015, 04:18 PM
I hate to say it but if we don't start recruiting like this...we will never win the preseason national championship

RougeDawg
08-30-2015, 09:56 PM

Yes. Has he not been outed yet? I've only been back on the board a few days now and just assumed he was a known bear that we were toying with.

SheltonChoked
08-31-2015, 07:58 AM
Foreword by Jeff driskel. "No matter what the system is"

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-31-2015, 09:03 AM
He's a mechanical camp qb. Great in his drop back mechanics from drills. Let's his mechanics leave as soon as a defender gets close. Hope he keeps his commitment to UNM.
Damage control?

jumbo
08-31-2015, 09:28 AM
IMG has something like 5 composite 5 stars and 7 more composite 4 stars.

Thick
08-31-2015, 09:50 AM
My brother-in-law's son goes to IMG for soccer. He loves to brag about IMG's facilities and highly ranked players in each sport, but if you can't win at IMG or get a scholarship then you suck on both accounts. If you are a damn good ballplayer, you will get noticed, recruited, and will sign with a power 5 college. The amount of money you spend sending your child to IMG dwarfs what you save by him/her receiving a scholarship. In my opinion, it's rather silly.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-31-2015, 09:51 AM
My brother-in-law's son goes to IMG for soccer. He loves to brag about IMG's facilities and highly ranked players in each sport, but if you can't win at IMG or get a scholarship then you suck on both accounts. If you are a damn good ballplayer, you will get noticed, recruited, and will sign with a power 5 college. The amount of money you spend sending your child to IMG dwarfs what you save by him/her receiving a scholarship. In my opinion, it's rather silly.

The big time recruits on the football team aren't paying a dime to IMG.

Thick
08-31-2015, 09:59 AM
But the other dumbasses are!! Damn near $80k/year. Like I said, if you are a damn ball player, you don't need IMG.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-31-2015, 10:06 AM
But the other dumbasses are!! Damn near $80k/year. Like I said, if you are a damn ball player, you don't need IMG.

I don't necessarily disagree with you especially about the tuition part. However if you're a ball player playing at a low level school going to IMG definitely enhances your chances of getting seen by more schools thus having a better shot at a scholarship.

Thick
08-31-2015, 10:11 AM
I see your point, but I would send my child to college camps along with some highlight reels. Like why is Patterson there? He has been rated, recruited, and has committed. So what's the point?

Maroonthirteen
08-31-2015, 10:12 AM

Mustain is the perfect example of recruiting stars dont guarantee future College or professional sucess. He was a rock star and savior of the Arkansas program before he even finished High School. Very Little was said about Williams and Malzahn. It was all "Mustain is the next Peyton Manning." Williams is in the NFL. Malzahn is a SEC head coach. Mustain went undrafted.

Another note, Ryan Mallett came out of Arkansas the next year with very little attention given to him. I don't recall Mallett's star ratings. However, I assure you. He didn't receive nowhere near the attention Mustain did in HS. Mallett was drafted.

Thick
08-31-2015, 10:15 AM
Hey Ifyouonlyknew....are we actively recruiting Rob Hall from MC? He just got offered by Vandy. He ripped it up against Brandon.

lachepas565
08-31-2015, 10:21 AM
Mustain is the perfect example of recruiting stars dont guarantee future College or professional sucess. He was a rock star and savior of the Arkansas program before he even finished High School. Very Little was said about Williams and Malzahn. It was all "Mustain is the next Peyton Manning." Williams is in the NFL. Malzahn is a SEC head coach. Mustain went undrafted.

Another note, Ryan Mallett came out of Arkansas the next year with very little attention given to him. I don't recall Mallett's star ratings. However, I assure you. He didn't receive nowhere near the attention Mustain did in HS. Mallett was drafted.

Mustain is a bad argument in the stars don't matter discussion - the guy started as a true freshman on a team that won a lot of games. McFadden, Malzahn, etc have a lot to do with that, but Mustain looked good in early action. His problem was between the ears and got messed up in the transfer deal. If Arkansas didn't have the coaching turmoil and Mustain would have stayed there and been a 4 year starter, everyone would have a different opinion of him. Maybe he wouldn't have made the NFL still, but I think everyone would think of him as a solid QB.

Mitch Mustain was the 2nd overall QB and 10th nationally per Rivals. Mallett was the 2nd QB and 4th nationally - so similar hype.

Maroonthirteen
08-31-2015, 10:52 AM
Mustain is the poster child.

I base my opinion on the facts. There is no way to actually know if coaching turmoil or any of his mother's blah blah blah (Houston Nutt is the devil) excuses were his problem.

Facts; He was highly rated out of HS. He didn't start teh first game but came in later during a blow loss to USC at home. He was surrounded by NFL talent on offense (3 NFL RBs and at least 2 futurn NFL WRs). He lost the job later in the year to DIck.

He went to USC and never moved higher than 3 on the USC depth chart.
He went undrafted. He tried his hand in the arena league. He did not last long.

As for the comparasion to the Mallett.........I was referrring more to the instate hype among the fans. You just had to live there and hear the sports talk shows and hear the Arkansas fans talk. 40K attended the state championship game to see Mustain play. I don't recall that amount of attention given to Mallett.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-31-2015, 11:04 AM
I see your point, but I would send my child to college camps along with some highlight reels. Like why is Patterson there? He has been rated, recruited, and has committed. So what's the point?

To me it's the same as top basketball players going to Oak Hill or Montverde Acadamy. They go to face better competition, better coaching, & basically like getting a year headstart on college because it's set up like a college team.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-31-2015, 11:05 AM
Hey Ifyouonlyknew....are we actively recruiting Rob Hall from MC? He just got offered by Vandy. He ripped it up against Brandon.

Not to my knowledge we're not.

lachepas565
08-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Mustain is the poster child.

I base my opinion on the facts. There is no way to actually know if coaching turmoil or any of his mother's blah blah blah (Houston Nutt is the devil) excuses were his problem.

Facts; He was highly rated out of HS. He didn't start teh first game but came in later during a blow loss to USC at home. He was surrounded by NFL talent on offense (3 NFL RBs and at least 2 futurn NFL WRs). He lost the job later in the year to DIck.

He went to USC and never moved higher than 3 on the USC depth chart.
He went undrafted. He tried his hand in the arena league. He did not last long.

As for the comparasion to the Mallett.........I was referrring more to the instate hype among the fans. You just had to live there and hear the sports talk shows and hear the Arkansas fans talk. 40K attended the state championship game to see Mustain play. I don't recall that amount of attention given to Mallett.

Are you holding the fact that a true freshman didn't start the first game of his college career against him? He did start the 2nd and he didn't lose a single game he started that year. I get the talent he had around him and I think that his high school hype probably had more to do with Malzahn than Mustain's arm, but the dude wasn't a complete bust because of his talent. He didn't do well at USC because he got behind another NFL QB.

Mallett was from Texas and I think he made it clear pretty early on that Arkansas wasn't an option because of Mustain/Nutt.

Maroonthirteen
08-31-2015, 01:47 PM
Mrs. Mustain, I appologize for insulting your kid.

Whatever....Mustain was the next Joe Montana if not for all those unfortunate circumstances.

I seen it dawg
08-31-2015, 05:57 PM
Damage control?

Wtf are you talking about?