PDA

View Full Version : If I were Buchanan and Kincaid, I'd be pissed

cheewgumm
08-30-2015, 11:38 AM
And trying to prove that il any good at all.

Freeze bringing jn MGK was BS, if you are the supposed "next starter".

A lot to prove for Northern Miss QBs.

archdog
08-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Not if you are a good juco qb. Looks like they like to play them immediately instead of teaching their hs qbs. Good thing the juco qbs get good instructions while at juco. Not a high premium on teaching at that position at UM.

Schultzy
08-30-2015, 02:22 PM
They should be upset with the recruiting services for over rating them, otherwise they would be at a lower tier where their skill level would be more appropriate.

5 Star
08-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Not sure why anyone is calling these guys busts yet, they are entering their 3rd years. I don't really expect anyone to really contribute until at least that time, or at least I don't judge them until then.

If they don't like competition, then that's their problem.

mstatefan91
08-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Not sure why anyone is calling these guys busts yet, they are entering their 3rd years. I don't really expect anyone to really contribute until at least that time, or at least I don't judge them until then.

No QB developed out of high school since Eli. That's what this is about..

Schultzy
08-30-2015, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=5 Star;402452]Not sure why anyone is calling these guys busts yet, they are entering their 3rd years

because it seems to be the general consensus from Northern Mississippi fans and the HC decided to sign a Juco QB instead of signing a High school QB who would have five years to play four.

Everything points to NM people considering them busts.

mic
08-30-2015, 02:45 PM

Because they are...

HSVDawg
08-30-2015, 03:26 PM

Uh...Kincaid threw a pass backwards last year with no pressure from a pass rush against Arkansas. Result was a fumble and TD for Arkansas shortly thereafter. He is terrible. As for Buchanon, people have been calling him a bust since his senior year of high school when he was completing less than 50% of his passes against MPSA competition. Kid has a big arm with no accuracy. No need to wait 3 years for either of those evaluations.

If anyone should be pissed, its the Ole Miss fans who should be pissed at Freeze for giving scholarships to either one of them.

Thompson92
08-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Uh...Kincaid threw a pass backwards last year with no pressure from a pass rush against Arkansas. Result was a fumble and TD for Arkansas shortly thereafter. He is terrible. As for Buchanon, people have been calling him a bust since his senior year of high school when he was completing less than 50% of his passes against MPSA competition. Kid has a big arm with no accuracy. No need to wait 3 years for either of those evaluations.

If anyone should be pissed, its the Ole Miss fans who should be pissed at Freeze for giving scholarships to either one of them.

And apparently Kelly hasn't separated himself from either of them this summer? Yikes.

GreenheadDawg
08-30-2015, 03:41 PM
And apparently Kelly hasn't separated himself from either of them this summer? Yikes.

Won't matter. They just have to show up with all those 5 stars and they pretty much win. Having a QB is just a formality for them **

mstatefan91
08-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Just snap the ball to a rotation of receivers. Problem solved

DancingRabbit
08-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Liggins

archdog
08-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Well this pretty much sums up their team. Promise the world. Get them to sign. Bring in a Juco next year to take over their spot because they have game experience at a higher level. Surprised they haven't tried to get Kincade to transfer out and back in to count his stars again.

HSVDawg
08-30-2015, 04:05 PM

In reality, he probably has passed them. But Freeze can't just come out and say that. One of the two incumbants will probably start in the opener, then at first sign of trouble (it won't take long) they will insert Kelly and see some improvement and bam, he's the starter. Just like Nutt did with Masoli. I do agree though, even if he has passed both of them, it still doesn't mean he's any good.

blacklistedbully
08-30-2015, 05:26 PM
No QB developed out of high school since Eli. That's what this is about..

Can't give them much credit for developing Eli either. Eli got most of his development from a lifetime with Archie and brother Peyton.

Spiderman
08-30-2015, 07:33 PM
I said halfway thru the 2nd half of the Ole Miss -Ark. game, Kelly would be a Rebel soon. They weren't recruiting him that hard before that. Once the backups played, Freeze knew he had to bite the bullet and sign his risky ass. There is only one reason he signed Kelly, because he knew he wouldn't have a QB this year if he didn't.

Kelly will be the QB

msstate7
08-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Can't give them much credit for developing Eli either. Eli got most of his development from a lifetime with Archie and brother Peyton.

Cutcliffe certainly played a part developing Eli. When it comes to developing qb's, freeze is no cutcliffe

BulldogBear
08-30-2015, 07:49 PM
When is the last time Ole Miss had a season where "the guy" at QB actually came there as a freshman? I don't know off hand but it's been a while. They've used a juCo or tranfer each year beginning 2008 at least.

mic
08-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Liggins

CHF said he was an NFL O-lineman... That's why he is back at TE... I guess

I seen it dawg
08-30-2015, 09:25 PM
With the pieces they have in place they should win every game.

War Machine Dawg
08-30-2015, 11:21 PM
When is the last time Ole Miss had a season where "the guy" at QB actually came there as a freshman? I don't know off hand but it's been a while. They've used a juCo or tranfer each year beginning 2008 at least.

One Michael Spurlock would be the answer. Since he graduated, no one. It's been JUCO or transfer since about 2005.

Todd4State
08-31-2015, 12:07 AM

We kind of forced them to offer Buchanan because we offered him. They are too scared to call our bluff on a legacy like that because of their ego.

Their worst nightmare besides is winning a NC in football is an Ole Miss legacy coming to MSU and owning them in the Egg Bowl.

Todd4State
08-31-2015, 12:12 AM
In reality, he probably has passed them. But Freeze can't just come out and say that. One of the two incumbants will probably start in the opener, then at first sign of trouble (it won't take long) they will insert Kelly and see some improvement and bam, he's the starter. Just like Nutt did with Masoli. I do agree though, even if he has passed both of them, it still doesn't mean he's any good.

Exactly. This while QB thing with them is a farce. They have to keep the legacy guy happy while at the same time Freeze pretends to show that he has some degree of discipline by "making Kelly earn his job". And then once Kelly "earns" the job then Freeze can talk about how great he is because he taught Kelly a lesson and made him a better person and now Kelly is a Christian. And that's what it's really all about.

Buchanan is pretty much their bitch.

I still think that there is a good chance they dump Kelly after this year as long as Patterson stays committed to them. I'm pretty sure that they are going to start Patterson next year. That's where it could get interesting- but I imagine that they have enough dirt on Kelly right now that they could kick him off the team at any time that they want/need to.

Bothrops
08-31-2015, 01:39 AM
I'm bettin' on Kincaid transferring at the end of the season.

Schultzy
08-31-2015, 07:08 AM
We kind of forced them to offer Buchanan because we offered him. They are too scared to call our bluff on a legacy like that because of their ego.

Their worst nightmare besides is winning a NC in football is an Ole Miss legacy coming to MSU and owning them in the Egg Bowl.

I think we forced their hand on that project OL legacy from the Jackson area last year as well. They get stuck w him and we get Cochran who has been better than we thought.

Bama_Dawg
08-31-2015, 09:38 AM
I'm bettin' on Kincaid transferring at the end of the season.

There was talk he was going to leave after last season. Especially after MGK came in. So if MGK does get to start this year, Kincaid will be gone for sure.

HSVDawg
08-31-2015, 09:40 AM

Did Buchanan actually have a commitable offer from us? I can't imagine that we would have taken him. Wouldn't have fit our offense at all even if he was a better passer. I know UF and some other schools offered him early but eventually cooled on him. Wouldn't be surprised if we did the same.