PDA

View Full Version : Bored, looking at USM board. Found this thread...

CadaverDawg
08-30-2015, 12:14 AM
http://southernmiss.forums.rivals.com/threads/opening-line.6216/

A couple of funny things about this thread...#1 being the post about their Rivals site being hacked, it said "this school does not currently have a football program". That's some funny shit.

#2, was this gem....

" I think it will be a much closer game than expected. you never know, we may just pull out a win. "

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2015, 01:08 AM
Good stuff

This thread is a good case study in how group think works.

What started out as a thread hinting at Vegas thinking USM will keep it close, leads to USM may win and "Mistake" isn't nearly as good as they were last year.

A couple of things here:
1. How would this USM fan know we will be worse this year? Probably because that's all he's heard on TV. So just like most of the media, this USM fan didn't study our team either. GROUP THINK.

2. I have no clue why OM is -30 against UT Martin and we are only -23 against Southern.

starkvegasdawg
08-30-2015, 03:20 AM
Here was my favorite:

I think we'll get at least a field goal this year. Can you imagine the deafening roar from the 6 USM faithful if we stick one through the uprights?! It's gonna be CRAY CRAY!!!

preachermatt83
08-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Good stuff

What started out as a thread hinting at Vegas thinking USM will keep it close, leads to USM may win and "Mistake" isn't nearly as good as they were last year.

A couple of things here:
1. How would this USM fan know we will be worse this year? Probably because that's all he's heard on TV. So just like most of the media, this USM fan didn't study our team either. GROUP THINK.

2. I have no clue why OM is -30 against UT Martin and we are only -23 against Southern.

home game vs road game

scottycameron
08-31-2015, 01:14 PM
home game vs road game

I wish OM was -30. It's -40. What a nobrainer parlay that would be.

sandwolf
08-31-2015, 02:10 PM
From the first post in the linked thread:

Interesting that it opened up at 13 and quickly rose to 23-1/2. What are your thoughts on this. I have mu thoughts, just curious to other opinions.

Did the line really open at 13?

scottycameron
08-31-2015, 02:49 PM
From the first post in the linked thread:

Did the line really open at 13?

Hell no.

sandwolf
08-31-2015, 03:19 PM
I do see where it has moved from 23.5 to 21.5.

Coach34
08-31-2015, 03:30 PM
Hell no.

Actually, per VegasInsider, it did open at 13

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

sandwolf
08-31-2015, 03:47 PM

Would have loved to get in on that.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-31-2015, 04:13 PM
Here was my favorite:

I think we'll get at least a field goal this year. Can you imagine the deafening roar from the 6 USM faithful if we stick one through the uprights?! It's gonna be CRAY CRAY!!!

Actually, the guy is a troll. Probably from ED or SPS. He has posted some funny shit throughout Eagledom on several of their boards.

MadDawg
08-31-2015, 04:30 PM

Didn't you guys get the memo? We are a 6-6 team. And that's the high water mark. I don't think any of the national guys would be surprised to see us drop a couple non-conf games too.

messageboardsuperhero
08-31-2015, 06:01 PM

I'm disappointed in having missed out on that highway robbery.

BulldogBear
08-31-2015, 06:07 PM
Didn't you guys get the memo? We are a 6-6 team. And that's the high water mark. I don't think any of the national guys would be surprised to see us drop a couple non-conf games too.

Brando

War Machine Dawg
08-31-2015, 07:31 PM

2-10, here we come!

archdog
09-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Good stuff

A couple of things here:

Group think is what preseason college football is all about. ESPN and the rest of the media group think that MSU is going to be in last place when the dust settles. MSU fans group think that they are crazy and we have all this talent ready to go. USM fans believe they actually have a football program. See group think all over the place.