PDA

View Full Version : Gary Pinkel's quote today is why I think we are better than expected

Coach34
07-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Pinkel said the SEC "it's a line of scrimmage league." "Great teams are built starting on the los."

We have not just 5 but 6 starters back on the OL. We also have a defensive line with alot of talent that will produce this season.

And that is why I think 5 wins is ridiculous for our team in 2013.

Goat Holder
07-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Too many emotional and short-term memories, Coach. They won't be convinced until we do it in the fall.

msstate7
07-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Which is why I love our team being picked to lose. It bothers pinkel and I'm sure it bothers Mullen. I know both are telling it to their teams daily too. Nothing is better fuel than wanting to prove people wrong.

FlabLoser
07-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Pinkel has his own website, garypinkel.com. Interesting.

Expect high hughfreeze.com soon

Coach 57
07-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I don't give a crap which leauge or conference or level. Football games ESPECIALLY those that have high stakes are won with the LOS! Period!

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Pinkel said the SEC "it's a line of scrimmage league." "Great teams are built starting on the los."

We have not just 5 but 6 starters back on the OL. We also have a defensive line with alot of talent that will produce this season.

And that is why I think 5 wins is ridiculous for our team in 2013.

This is what I've been saying. We are young and inexperienced at spots, but we are experienced and good at the positions that matter most.

Pollodawg
07-16-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't give a crap which leauge or conference or level. Football games ESPECIALLY those that have high stakes are won with the LOS! Period!

This is true at every level of football. I agree 100% on this one.

Dallas_Dawg
07-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Coach, Tobias is back? 6 starters on OL?

Coach34
07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
The word is that Tobias is coming back in a limited role like last year

Bullmutt
07-17-2013, 11:22 AM
I realize that Tobias has been plagued with injuries throughout his career, but which specific injury is it that has apparently not healed completely and has kept him almost wholely off the field for over a year?

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2013, 11:28 AM
I realize that Tobias has been plagued with injuries throughout his career, but which specific injury is it that has apparently not healed completely and has kept him almost wholely off the field for over a year?

All of them. Say it with me: Tobias is made of glass. Do not touch.

It sucks, because Tobias could have potentially been one of the elite OL to play here. But some guys just don't hold up to the pounding of big boy football. Tobias is one of them.

Coach34
07-17-2013, 11:34 AM
NFL talent in a plastic body. The longer he holds up, the better it is for us

DogBanker
07-17-2013, 04:06 PM
I believe you'll see what we saw that Grimes did with Sherrod and J.D. Hamilton, Sherrod's first year and that is alternate him in every two series. Now with us going more under-center supposedly, I could see a formation with a six man, off-balanced line. That would work pretty good especially considering the TEs we have. Defensively, I think we have the deepest amount of depth on the defensive line we have had in awhile. I was really impressed with Nelson Adams in the spring game and will think we will even see guys like him contribute. If you watched closely in the Gator Bowl, we used a lot of different guys on the DLine in that game. It will be interesting for sure to how we do. I also think we have potential to win 8 games coach.

deltadawg99
07-17-2013, 05:59 PM
We always seem to play better when we are picked to lose. Getting praise from the media and other coaches is not anything that anybody is use to.

I just hope that between us getting picked to lose and with what's happening in Oxford, that it will re-light the fire underneath Mullen's ass that he had the first 2 years as head coach.