PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lashley Video from Friday Night

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Remember when this guy was left off the Dandy Dozen team in favor of the 7-7 All American team?

I realize that media has their reasons for those selections, but when one guy is playing in the NFL and the others are just OK college players, it makes the list lose credibility over time.

Eat you hearts out on this video

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2866348/highlights/283306555/v2

AlSwearengen
08-29-2015, 08:42 PM
That is crazy. What is his size? At the very beginning, when he runs way down the field on a run play, he shows amazing speed and nimbleness, if that is a word. He and Simmons are probably the most important players on our board.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Pass blocking technique will take some work, buy Hevesy can handle it. He's big, tall, extremely long arms, athletic. He's the type who can play 12 years in the NFL.

Westdawg
08-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Holy crap. That guy is LEGIT.

MabenMaroon
08-29-2015, 10:10 PM
West Point's underclassman rb is legit as well. Not an A-Train bruiser bulldozer type, but quite an elusive,quick and shifty runner. He will be highly sought after this season, gonna rack up a lot of yards and tds. (I believe his name is Marcus Bell, but not real sure ). Several of my co-workers are from West Point and are quite active in attending games and the booster club, they are saying he will be one of the best and most exciting they have had. ( these co-workers were touting Cox, Williams and Lashley long before anybody else had noticed them )

KB21
08-29-2015, 10:12 PM
I think Simmons, Lashley, and Brown are the three best prospects in Mississippi.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-29-2015, 10:44 PM
West Point's underclassman rb is legit as well. Not an A-Train bruiser bulldozer type, but quite an elusive,quick and shifty runner. He will be highly sought after this season, gonna rack up a lot of yards and tds. (I believe his name is Marcus Bell, but not real sure ). Several of my co-workers are from West Point and are quite active in attending games and the booster club, they are saying he will be one of the best and most exciting they have had. ( these co-workers were touting Cox, Williams and Lashley long before anybody else had noticed them )

Marcus Murphy he's a Soph.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-29-2015, 11:13 PM
Yea he is a presence for sure but Louisville didn't exactly have a great counterpart.

state66
08-30-2015, 12:44 AM
Good lord is he athletic at that size. He needs a lot of work on blocking technique though. Every single one of those takedowns was a hold. Pretty sure it's due to Lashley being way larger than his opponent and they can't take him on though. That'll change in college.

Dawgfan77
08-30-2015, 06:55 AM
That is crazy. What is his size? At the very beginning, when he runs way down the field on a run play, he shows amazing speed and nimbleness, if that is a word. He and Simmons are probably the most important players on our board.

Would add brown and jones in there as well

shoeless joe
08-30-2015, 08:46 AM

Marcus is the QB and he is special. He runs the ball quite a bit and isn't a great passer...yet. Chris Calvert is the soph running back.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Marcus is the QB and he is special. He runs the ball quite a bit and isn't a great passer...yet. Chris Calvert is the soph running back.

Yes but Murphy is the next star from West Point.

Statefan
08-30-2015, 09:12 AM
I think Simmons, Lashley, and Brown are the three best prospects in Mississippi.

Read Courtney Cronin's article from the CL yesterday, and she is tabbing Simmons and Brown as the best 2 players in the State. We need to do what we do and lock those guys up

MabenMaroon
08-30-2015, 09:15 AM

Thanks, couldn't remember the name.

msstate7
08-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Read Courtney Cronin's article from the CL yesterday, and she is tabbing Simmons and Brown as the best 2 players in the State. We need to do what we do and lock those guys up

She'll be looking for a job soon*