PDA

View Full Version : New Cheer at home football games. (READ THIS THREAD)

GreaterCowbell
08-29-2015, 03:28 PM
So you're tired the media disrespect. You'd like to tell them to go 17 themselves in the 4th quarter of the LSU game when it starts to dawn on them how wrong they've been. We need to take the football teams lead and replace the maroon/white cheer with.

(West side) WE ALL WE GOT!
(East side) WE ALL WE NEED!

Student section make it happen.

How bout it EDawgs?

Drugdog
08-29-2015, 03:34 PM
I like it.

Dallas_Dawg
08-29-2015, 03:47 PM
No way we can do that in sync.***

bulldawg28
08-29-2015, 03:56 PM
Nice!!!!

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Great idea. Let's do it

TaleofTwoDogs
08-29-2015, 04:54 PM
I like it too. Of course, you know that such a simple and cool thing like this will be twisted and convoluted by the grammar police, the Political Correct guardians, various internet hacks and a horde of do-gooders hoping not to offend. They will remind us to shout responsibly.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Love it. Make it happen

BorneDawg
08-29-2015, 05:06 PM
See if we can get someone in media relations to try and get it coordinated like they do on what color shirts to wear. If they start now it could happen

mstatefan91
08-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Someone tweet it at Stricklin. No way it happens unless it is coached at cowbell yell.

Dawgcentral
08-29-2015, 06:03 PM
I think it's a great idea.

GreaterCowbell
08-29-2015, 06:47 PM
If I were a player, this would fire me up!

bulldawg28
08-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Right after the crowd sings "Don't stop believing"...End it with this slogan.

ScoobaDawg
08-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Right after the crowd sings "Don't stop believing"...End it with this slogan.

Love it. That would be awesome. I'm not holding my breath though,.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 07:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xHFRtju.gif

http://i.imgur.com/IAzWg0n.gif

bulldawg28
08-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Change the title so this thread gets more views.

Dawg496
08-29-2015, 08:37 PM
They need to start it out over the sound system. Like someone said do it at the end of don't stop believing every time to help people get the timing down. It'll just take one season. Play it over the speakers emulating the crowd saying it and it will catch on.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Greater Cowbell, I hope you don't mind me editing your thread title. Want to make sure everyone reads it, like bulldawg28 suggested.

RiverCityDawg
08-29-2015, 08:59 PM
It's cool for the players to yell in the huddle with just them, but would be terrible if tried as a replacement for the Maroon and White cheer. Its too long and would sound like garbled nonsense.

DanDority
08-29-2015, 09:00 PM
My money says that the cheerleaders will come out, one will grab the mike and say "OKAY BULLDOG FANS IT'S TIME FOR THE MAROON WHITE CHEER! EAST SIDE YOU'RE MAROON, WEST SIDE YOU'RE WHITE!"

662dawg
08-29-2015, 09:02 PM
So you're tired the media disrespect. You'd like to tell them to go 17 themselves in the 4th quarter of the LSU game when it starts to dawn on them how wrong they've been. We need to take the football teams lead and replace the maroon/white cheer with.

How bout it EDawgs?

Want me to put out an article about it Monday?

And what about doing it right before the first offensive series or something?

Pinto
08-29-2015, 09:04 PM
What might be better is do a 4th qtr video like they had with Holder. Have Dak come on the screen and say alright fans it's fourth quarter and we need you to get loud. Remember we all we got. Then the fans respond in unison as a whole stadium.

ScoobaDawg
08-29-2015, 09:11 PM
It's cool for the players to yell in the huddle with just them, but would be terrible if tried as a replacement for the Maroon and White cheer. Its too long and would sound like garbled nonsense.

Always someone with the negative. It would only be done once per game.
And it should be done in the 4th quarter. Thats when the game might be on the line and the team needs the most support.

BeardoMSU
08-29-2015, 09:18 PM
What might be better is do a 4th qtr video like they had with Holder. Have Dak come on the screen and say alright fans it's fourth quarter and we need you to get loud. Remember we all we got. Then the fans respond in unison as a whole stadium.

Good idea, dude.

Also, if there is a way to incorporate Holder, maybe we can have him come in late in the 4th and throw his 12/6 breaker into the opposing team's bench....

GreenheadDawg
08-29-2015, 09:19 PM

This is probably the same guy that yells at me when I stand up on 3rd down

GreenheadDawg
08-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Good idea, dude.

I actually think this would work out better and probably have a better result

BulldogBear
08-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Good idea, dude.

Also, if there is a way to incorporate Holder, maybe we can have him come in late in the 4th and throw his 12/6 breaker into the opposing team's bench....

Agreed. This would be a great way to implement this concept. I don't care for replacing the maroon and white cheer with it. My money says 90% or more of fans and aluni will feel likewise, no matter the tens of enthusiastic responses you may get on a message board.

I love the idea to implement it some kind of way with crowd participation like Pinto suggested but let's not replace the maroon/white cheer with it.

GreaterCowbell
08-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Want me to put out an article about it Monday?

And what about doing it right before the first offensive series or something?

Go for it. What ever it takes for it to catch on. It's not like we have a lot of original cheers and I like the fact that it's akin to giving the media and the rest of the SEC the finger.

BeardoMSU
08-29-2015, 09:34 PM
Agreed. This would be a great way to implement this concept. I don't care for replacing the maroon and white cheer with it. My money says 90% or more of fans and aluni will feel likewise, no matter the tens of enthusiastic responses you may get on a message board.

I love the idea to implement it some kind of way with crowd participation like Pinto suggested but let's not replace the maroon/white cheer with it.

I agree, I love hearing that, but the M&W cheer during the pregame is horrible, mainly due to the campy cheerleader lead-in "all right bulldog fans, now its time for the maroon and white cheer". Any way we can make that less corny would be nice. I may be alone in this opinion, I guess, but I doubt it.

Dawgcentral
08-29-2015, 09:36 PM
It can be coordinated and done properly. Just get it going with the opposing jumbo trons. Get the students involved.

Todd4State
08-29-2015, 09:49 PM
I agree, I love hearing that, but the M&W cheer during the pregame is horrible, mainly due to the campy cheerleader lead-in "all right bulldog fans, now its time for the maroon and white cheer". Any way we can make that less corny would be nice. I may be alone in this opinion, I guess, but I doubt it.

The problem there is the Maroon and White Cheer is sponsored by someone- I think Ford. It's basically an ad.

BulldogBear
08-29-2015, 09:55 PM

Hmmm. I agree it could be less corny but like Todd said there's the sponsor matter. Still, it's a tradition I don't think the vast majority of State Fans want to see changed. The maroon and white cheer is really awesome when it spontaneously happens in-game.

Jack Lambert
08-29-2015, 09:55 PM
I am on the West side and would rather say We are all we Need.

RiverCityDawg
08-29-2015, 09:57 PM
This is probably the same guy that yells at me when I stand up on 3rd down

Busted. Because I don't think you could get 25k people to yell a long grammatically incorrect sentence in unison after another 25k people yell a different grammatically incorrect sentence in unison would work well, I must be against cheering or making noise.

The OP suggested this replace the Maroon and White cheer, which is what I was responding to. Like another poster suggested maybe it would work if you played it over the jumbotron and the whole stadium just did the "We're all we need" part. I don't think it would pump up the players or they would even notice, but it would be pretty cool. I would participate... Or yell at you for standing up on 3rd down**

TaleofTwoDogs
08-29-2015, 10:02 PM
It can be coordinated and done properly. Just get it going with the opposing jumbo trons. Get the students involved.

Agreed, to pull this off the crowd vocals should to be coordinated with the sound system and video boards. Start with the intro beat from X-Ambassadors "Jungle" over the sound system followed by the Jumbo trons alternately flashing the two phases and the Ease & West side alternating the yell.

This would beyond cool.

BeardoMSU
08-29-2015, 10:06 PM
when it spontaneously happens in-game.

Ah, I guess I forgot it was an add....

However, what you said is the key, though. When it's spontaneous it's great, when it's scripted, it feels like a forced-energy high school pep-rally......perhaps not that bad, but the scripted intro makes it feel extremely corny. I just wish they could make it less lame.

Pinto
08-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Another thought is cut it to 3 words. All we got .... all we need

Reason2succeed
08-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Hail Yes!!! I'm getting hype just thinking about it. I'm so sick of being the red headed stepchild (no offense to redheads or step children or stepparents) of the SEC. All the way back to 98 in Atl it was obvious that the powers that be were annoyed by our presence. Well, it's time for State to make our presence felt. We're all we got. We're all we need.

K9 Avenger
08-29-2015, 11:56 PM
The students will fu** it up by trying to say it 2 times too fast....

War Machine Dawg
08-30-2015, 01:37 AM

This would be the perfect way to do it. Have a different MSU alum for every home game. First person to do it should be Jay Hughes, since the cheer is coming from his quote. Then get guys like Dicenzo, Moulds, Holder, Smoot, Papelbon, etc. to do it.

mstatefan91
08-30-2015, 02:17 AM
The students will fu** it up by trying to say it 2 times too fast....
At least the students bring energy to the stadium.

Mjoelner34
08-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Ah, I guess I forgot it was an add....

However, what you said is the key, though. When it's spontaneous it's great, when it's scripted, it feels like a forced-energy high school pep-rally......perhaps not that bad, but the scripted intro makes it feel extremely corny. I just wish they could make it less lame.

^^This times eleventy billion!

If we have to do it because Ford pays for it, then we need to change when we do it. The way we have it now, it's a total buzzkill. We should do it first thing right out of the gate, then the crowd energy can build from there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-30-2015, 12:55 PM

How bout it EDawgs?

LC Dawg
08-30-2015, 01:08 PM
This would be the perfect way to do it. Have a different MSU alum for every home game. First person to do it should be Jay Hughes, since the cheer is coming from his quote. Then get guys like Dicenzo, Moulds, Holder, Smoot, Papelbon, etc. to do it.

I like this idea.

sleepy dawg
08-30-2015, 03:03 PM
This is way better than the gimmicky first down chant we do now. I prefer originality instead of just copying other schools chants, when possible... Let's do it!

notsofarawaydawg
08-30-2015, 09:34 PM
I've pinned the post to the top of the FB page I run.

https://www.facebook.com/DawgsInTheNews

Jack Lambert
08-30-2015, 09:59 PM
At least the students bring energy to the stadium.

And leg!