PDA

View Full Version : Watch our last 3 games

Coach007
08-29-2015, 02:14 PM
I could not wait until the season started so I have been watching the games.

1- for whatever reason, dak was simply not himself in those games. He needs to improve his reads and checks. If he does that, he will be the best qb in the nation.

2- Wilson looked like he did not won't to take a hit vs GT. Also, complains about no calls a lot. Just play the game. When you complain every play... You get ignored more.

3- Lewis.. Wow. Dropped passes galore vs gt.

Going forward

1- Shump was great vs ole miss. I expect him to have a massive year

2- our wrs/Te have a.ready proven themselves. I'm not sure why there is doubt in the media. Just watch a few games. By the end of the season this was one of the best in the nation. This year people are going to be she'll shocked.

3- Ross and punt returns... Needs to be. He did a great job

4- the 1b unit had a lot of bright spots. From the dl to the dbs, we will have a top 15 defense.

5- dak, as awesome as he is, we need him to protect the ball a bit better. He needs to not force it into something that's not there.

I'm totally pumped to see MSU back on the cover and the nation say.."we knew they could but would they" as they back peddle

5 Star
08-29-2015, 03:32 PM
Everything is just an unknown. Why would anyone give us respect when, in every odd year so far, we've finished with 5 or 6 regular season wins? I understand the skepticism. If we are not ready, we could easily drop to 6-6 or worse (6-6 in the SEC is not a given nor is it easy, no matter what any B1G troll says). If we take the typical step back but improve as a program, 8-4 is likely where we land. If we do that AND get the lucky breaks, 10-2 perhaps.

It's a year like any other odd one, with the schedule and everything. 2011 and 2013 teams could have done a lot more than they did, but faltered early and had to fight to get to 6 wins. Anything other than 3-2 in the first five and we'll be fighting for bowl eligibility.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Nobody mentions this, but what if we FINALLY beat LSU and Bama in the same season, and still lose 3-4 games in the SEC? It could happen, and would be so disappointing. Road games at Auburn, A&M, Arkansas, and Mizzou will be very very tough games IMO.

5 Star
08-29-2015, 05:06 PM
If we go 8-4 beating LSU, Alabama and Ole Miss along the way and losing the road games you list, and our fans are disappointed, then we should burn the program down. 8-4 with a solid bowl ain't never a disappointment at MSU.

But in all honesty, if we are good enough to beat those 3, we are going to also going to win 1 or 2 of those road games. I'm hoping for a Baylor 2011 season, win 8/9 games and the quarterback is in New York. Program skyrockets from there.

Dawgcentral
08-29-2015, 05:52 PM
All we heard during our climb to the top last year was how well Mullen and Co. sign 2 and 3 star players and coach them up into draft picks. Someone needs to ask the media pundits just exactly what had changed since then.

Mullen is still working hard to make this program better. He's not satisfied with 10-2. He didn't come here to do that. He's adjusting our practices and game plans to fit the personnel we currently have on the roster. We are absolutely loaded at receiver. We have depth at RB, with two redshirts that show great promise. We have the best QB in the SEC. We have a defensive line that is probably in the top 3, not only in the west, but in the entire conference. We're exceptional at the LB position, with plenty of athleticism across the middle, and they won't be asked to drop into coverage as much in Manny's scheme. Corners are top notch, safeties will be improved,..no doubt there.

8-4 is the worst case scenario.

Coach007
08-30-2015, 08:48 AM
Personally, my best guess puts us with one loss and in the playoffs. I think the "unknowns" peak at the end of the season rather than early on. I feel like last season we had a huge let down at Bama and simply could not bounce back. We have "been there" now. They know what it feels like.

I know we are the more talented than we have ever been. I don't get the sense that if dak goes down, all is lost.

Pollodawg
08-30-2015, 10:22 AM
The only game Dak was an actual liability for us was Bama. Other than that, neither of the other two losses was on him. He set an Orange Bowl record after all........

Coach007
08-30-2015, 10:35 AM
The only game Dak was an actual liability for us was Bama. Other than that, neither of the other two losses was on him. He set an Orange Bowl record after all........

Yeah, he did thing in the ole miss game that hurt us. Regardless of how many games, 1 game is the difference between a shot at the playoffs and not going to them.

Like i said, Lewis had a lot of dropped passes in the first half of the Orange bowl. That hurt us. Playing from behind was not a strong thing for us.

Pollodawg
08-30-2015, 10:53 AM
Yeah, he did thing in the ole miss game that hurt us. Regardless of how many games, 1 game is the difference between a shot at the playoffs and not going to them.

Like i said, Lewis had a lot of dropped passes in the first half of the Orange bowl. That hurt us. Playing from behind was not a strong thing for us.

Really? Like what? Did he fumble? Did he throw multiple INTs? How many times were we win third and long because of a Dak mistake? The ONLY game Dak let us down in last seaosn was Bama. Now, can he get better, of course he can. But the biggest reason we lost the Bowls Egg and Orange was piss poor defensive game planning.

HSVDawg
08-30-2015, 10:54 AM

Agreed. I'm also not sure why people continue to blame our offense at all when talking about the Egg Bowl loss. We scored 17 points on Ole Miss which isn't great, but it was 7 more points than we scored in regulation the year before when we beat them, and that year we weren't playing a team missing its best WR and had a QB playing on one leg. Also, we had zero turnovers. There are certainly things we could have done better on offense, but we still played well enough to win. Defense cost us that game 100%.

Pollodawg
08-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Don't get me wrong. I agree with everything else you wrote.

Coach007
08-30-2015, 11:03 AM
No no.. He made bad passes and bad choices too. That's all part of game management. Those things hurt us. As I have pointed out, in these tough games, he will have to manage the game better. That's not placing a blame, that's simply stating a fact.

Coach007
08-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Don't get me wrong. I agree with everything else you wrote.

Lol.. Not that sensitive Pollo. I like conversation and other points of view.

Coach007
08-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Agreed. I'm also not sure why people continue to blame our offense at all when talking about the Egg Bowl loss. We scored 17 points on Ole Miss which isn't great, but it was 7 more points than we scored in regulation the year before when we beat them, and that year we weren't playing a team missing its best WR and had a QB playing on one leg. Also, we had zero turnovers. There are certainly things we could have done better on offense, but we still played well enough to win. Defense cost us that game 100%.

Not blaming the offense or any one player. I'm simply stating that he has to take another step forward to get us past where we finished.

MabenMaroon
08-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Last three games ... "MISSED TACKLES!" ... all that needs to be said.