PDA

View Full Version : Did Texas A&M sign a bunch of free agents on defense that I'm not aware of?

HancockCountyDog
08-29-2015, 02:00 PM
I follow college football pretty closely, but I didn't know that teams could sign free agents. That can be the only explanation of college football "experts" predicting A&M to be in the college football playoff.

Not just win 8 games, but in the freaking playoffs. Desmond Howard and Stewart Mandel are predicting A&M to be in the playoff.

I just wish I had known that signing free agents was now legal in the SEC. Only explanation.

IMissJack
08-29-2015, 02:35 PM
I follow college football pretty closely, but I didn't know that teams could sign free agents. That can be the only explanation of college football "experts" predicting A&M to be in the college football playoff.
It
Not just win 8 games, but in the freaking playoffs. Desmond Howard and Stewart Mandel are predicting A&M to be in the playoff.

I just wish I had known that signing free agents was now legal in the SEC. Only explanation.

It's all about influencing "big" market team fans.... They are going to find out quick against ASU what they have. It also has to do with them playing outside of TX like 2-3 times this year. They play next week against ASU in Houston, and play Arky in Dallas, basically home games.

BulldogBear
08-29-2015, 02:43 PM

Yep. Said something similar in another thread a few spots down. It boogleth thy mind.

Dawg61
08-29-2015, 02:48 PM
It's all about influencing "big" market team fans.... They are going to find out quick against ASU what they have. It also has to do with them playing outside of TX like 2-3 times this year. They play next week against ASU in Houston, and play Arky in Dallas, basically home games.

So what channel on cable is going to sac it up and make real predictions regardless of size of team fan bases? ESPN rules the roost and every channel that has college football predictions is affiliated with ESPN/CBS/ABC somehow. We need a College Football Network. Independent from these other networks that will tell it like it actually is. Till then you're just feeding the ESPN troll to keep predicting the front runners like they always have done and will continue to do. You could place our team in a much larger market and we'd suddenly gain an extra 3 wins overnight based on how they pick these predictions. It's all about money guys and aTm has a lot more fans that'll stay glued to ESPN if ESPN just tickles their balls a little before the season starts.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 04:27 PM
So what channel on cable is going to sac it up and make real predictions regardless of size of team fan bases? ESPN rules the roost and every channel that has college football predictions is affiliated with ESPN/CBS/ABC somehow. We need a College Football Network. Independent from these other networks that will tell it like it actually is. Till then you're just feeding the ESPN troll to keep predicting the front runners like they always have done and will continue to do. You could place our team in a much larger market and we'd suddenly gain an extra 3 wins overnight based on how they pick these predictions. It's all about money guys and aTm has a lot more fans that'll stay glued to ESPN if ESPN just tickles their balls a little before the season starts.

https://i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0473/41/1428135514083.jpg

scottycameron
08-29-2015, 04:57 PM

No they signed a bunch of 4 and 5 stars, though. And signed a new DC. The feeling by many people is that aTm had lots of talent on D but were terribly coached. They may be right, may be wrong, but this is the opinion of the folks pushing aTm.

scottycameron
08-29-2015, 05:02 PM

This must be why ESPN pushes North Dakota St. so hard. Gameday and airy thing.
Same thing with Boise St. ESPN is their bestest fan.
And it must be why they force the WNBA down your throat.
They hate the little guy.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2015, 05:11 PM

I heard that since UNC had academic fraud, Miami was on probation, & this superior safety recruit from Louisiana was ruled academically eligible, A&M added some much needed defensive firepower.

http://www.ericdishongh.com/uploads/1/3/5/7/1357135/2249165_orig.jpeg
http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0707/campus.unc.top10/images/Various.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b7/eb/82/b7eb8272ce7d1caef19446ffd99696af.jpg

IMissJack
08-29-2015, 07:07 PM
No they signed a bunch of 4 and 5 stars, though. And signed a new DC. The feeling by many people is that aTm had lots of talent on D but were terribly coached. They may be right, may be wrong, but this is the opinion of the folks pushing aTm.

They may be better, who knows? I do know that one of the reasons that BIG 12 football is so great offensively, is because 90% of the high schools in TX run the same kind of stuff that Baylor and A&M does. Defense is not a priority. I think that is some of the issue A&M has had, even with 4 and 5 stars. Chavis may make a difference.

defiantdog
08-29-2015, 08:39 PM
They may be better, who knows? I do know that one of the reasons that BIG 12 football is so great offensively, is because 90% of the high schools in TX run the same kind of stuff that Baylor and A&M does. Defense is not a priority. I think that is some of the issue A&M has had, even with 4 and 5 stars. Chavis may make a difference.
Yeah, but A&M's biggest issues were in the secondary. They may get tougher against the run, but expect teams to go deep a lot.