PDA

View Full Version : Chris Doring say

Dawgfan77
08-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Per people inside the program our OL is not going to be very good this year.

RC3
08-29-2015, 08:07 AM
Per people inside the program our OL is not going to be very good this year.

To be fair, I've heard some whispers of some problems as well. I'm hoping it's just the DTs showing out in practice

Dawgface
08-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Oh well.......6-6 here we come.

Dawgfan77
08-29-2015, 08:14 AM
To be fair, I've heard some whispers of some problems as well. I'm hoping it's just the DTs showing out in practice
Please share

msstate7
08-29-2015, 08:17 AM
If true, this sucks.

missouridawg
08-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Didn't he also say that we would lose to LSU because it would be hot outside?

Covercorner2
08-29-2015, 08:28 AM
He said there was "concern." That doesn't mean they "aren't going to be very good." Most teams have some sort of OL concern. I mean, we did lose 3 starters, but that doesn't mean we are gonna suck...

msstate7
08-29-2015, 08:30 AM
So is the concern with the interior or the tackles?

Covercorner2
08-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Just look at his Twitter. @ChrisDoering

Statefan
08-29-2015, 08:33 AM
https://woolyacres.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/shearing-006-2_582x600.jpg

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2015, 08:43 AM
I'll withhold judgement till after I see us play. However, since we are replacing 3 starters, it should be no surprise if the O line isn't in mid-season form yet. They better get there fast.

I wonder who would tell Doering this?

GreenheadDawg
08-29-2015, 08:44 AM
We shall see soon enough. They better figure it out by week 2

BrunswickDawg
08-29-2015, 08:49 AM
I wonder who would tell Doering this?
Hugh Kellenberger

jumbo
08-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Who the hell is Chris Doring and how would he have "inside connections" to our program?

Schultzy
08-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Sell, that guy has no inside to this stealth program and Hev likes this group.

He's throwing darts w a blind fold on.

RC3
08-29-2015, 09:05 AM
So is the concern with the interior or the tackles?

Interior. I want to be upfront that I have no personal knowledge. Just something I heard from someone more tied in than me

msstate7
08-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Interior. I want to be upfront that I have no personal knowledge. Just something I heard from someone more tied in than me
Not good if true then. Don't see shump as an outside runner.

RC3
08-29-2015, 09:12 AM

Hopefully it's not. This year seems like it's harder to get any info out of practice. It seems to be really really hush hush; more so than in years past. I find it a little strange

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Who the hell is Chris Doring and how would he have "inside connections" to our program?

This. He's throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. I'm betting our OL is better this year than last. We're bigger, stronger, and more athletic.

Liverpooldawg
08-29-2015, 09:24 AM
The offensive line is why I've taken a wait and see approach this year from the start. If it's not very good, we will struggle to have a winning season. It's the key to the team, as always.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Hopefully it's not. This year seems like it's harder to get any info out of practice. It seems to be really really hush hush; more so than in years past. I find it a little strange

I take it as a good thing. Mullen is playing it very close to the vest. Generally when word leaks out, it isn't good news.

smootness
08-29-2015, 09:25 AM

There's no reason for anyone to think it is true. This is a guy having to come up with a reason for his 6-6 prediction for us.

engie
08-29-2015, 09:33 AM
The entire interior has a ton of experience and have been good.

Chris Jones, Nick James, and Cory Thomas giving them some trouble in practice is good for them and hardly indicative of what they are going to see week in and week out in the SEC. Our guys are all taught the line positions from the inside out -- it's how hev likes to teach it. And we are thinking about red shirting the #1 OL out of JUCO.

Sorry -- shoe doesn't fit.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 09:38 AM
Haha, y'all think Doering was told something like that by people "inside the program"? Bull. Shit.

So we told a nobody from Florida, but DIDN'T tell McElroy, or any of the legit SECN guys?

Let me tell you what happened. Bo Bounds talked to Doering about us having to replace some O-Lineman, and that transformed into "people inside MSU's program say the OL will be down".

Y'all are crazy if you take these comments to heart, and I'm usually one of our most skeptical fans that keeps my expectations tempered. I DO think our fan base needs to temper things slightly, but not Bc of Chris effing Doering. He's a nobody that knows nothing.

Our OL will be fine, Bc it's about scheme and assignments, not blowing people off the ball. So we'll stay fine at OL. We will likely take a small step back in our DL, simply due to depth, but our OL is FINE. Besides, nothing helps an OL like a good passing game, a dual threat QB, and the ability to be multiple at RB.

The OP in this thread is very misleading too...that's not what Doering said. But again, who cares what Doering said?

smootness
08-29-2015, 09:39 AM
The offensive line is why I've taken a wait and see approach this year from the start. If it's not very good, we will struggle to have a winning season. It's the key to the team, as always.

While this is probably true, I can't really think of a time where our OL really struggled under Mullen. His system just doesn't rely on OL domination at the LOS.

smootness
08-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Haha, y'all think Doering was told something like that by people "inside the program"? Bull. Shit.

So we told a nobody from Florida, but DIDN'T tell McElroy, or any of the legit SECN guys?

Let me tell you what happened. Bo Bounds talked to Doering about us having to replace some O-Lineman, and that transformed into "people inside MSU's program say the OL will be down".

Y'all are crazy if you take these comments to heart, and I'm usually one of our most skeptical fans that keeps my expectations tempered. I DO think our fan base needs to temper things slightly, but not Bc of Chris effing Doering. He's a nobody that knows nothing.

Agreed.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 09:42 AM
While this is probably true, I can't really think of a time where our OL really struggled under Mullen. His system just doesn't rely on OL domination at the LOS.

Exactly. Someone will say "2011" but injuries were the killer that year. Our blocking scheme is about creating angles, not dominating your man. But we have some bad mfers that could dominate their man if we asked them to do it. Our OL is going to be good.

BeardoMSU
08-29-2015, 09:43 AM

Fu(king Aye, Cadaver.

http://media.giphy.com/media/a0Lgc1JvbfS4o/giphy.gif

RC3
08-29-2015, 09:43 AM

This is where I am as well. If they turn out to be below mediocre, we will be 6-6. If they can put together an above average performance, we have a chance to win a championship

DancingRabbit
08-29-2015, 09:44 AM
This. He's throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. I'm betting our OL is better this year than last. We're bigger, stronger, and more athletic.

I agree. It's a new group, so I'm a little nervous about the LSU game. By the Auburn game and beyond we will be fine.

RC3
08-29-2015, 09:44 AM

Chris Jones, Nick James, and Cory Thomas giving them some trouble in practice is good for them and hardly indicative of what they are going to see week in and week out in the SEC. Our guys are all taught the line positions from the inside out -- it's how hev likes to teach it. And we are thinking about red shirting the #1 OL out of JUCO.

Our OL has to go up against at least two elite D lines

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 09:46 AM

Exactly.

No offense to RC3 (I'm not saying he didn't hear that. He's a great poster), but until I hear that from multiple people...which I'm actually hearing the opposite, that we've looked good on the OL....I'll have to think this info is not accurate. They could have had a bad scrimmage or something, but they'll be ready to roll this season.

RC3
08-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Exactly.

No offense to RC3 (I'm not saying he didn't hear that. He's a great poster), but until I hear that from multiple people...which I'm actually hearing the opposite, that we've looked good on the OL....I'll have to think this info is not accurate. They could have had a bad scrimmage or something, but they'll be ready to roll this season.

I hope I'm wrong as well. Like I said, I have no personal knoweldge on the subject. I've heard it from two sources. Neither are coaches. Only fans that know the game. Plus they still have two full weeks to gel before LSU. Southern miss is a great opportunity to get ready

NCDawg
08-29-2015, 09:55 AM
The SECN gurus are basing their projection on our losing 3 starters on the OL. Those 3 starters were pretty good most of the season, but certainly not great. Ole Miss proved that. I think they can be adequately replaced with guys just as good, if not better.

engie
08-29-2015, 09:57 AM
Our OL has to go up against at least two elite D lines

We playing those two teams six times each? Read what I actually said...

The OL is going to be good enough to give us a top 5 offense in the history of the SEC and what very well could be the best ever in the conference in terms of yardage per game. It was basically that good last year already.

I just don't get it.

"MSU doesn't recruit well enough to get there". Then we get there.
"Well, no way MSU can replace those 2 2*s and one walkon" -- none of which the NFL found good enough to actually draft -- all of which are being replaced by more highly rated players with higher ceilings -- all of which have at least 3 years in the program.

"It's a huge blow to MSU losing starting right tackle Damien Robinson to a knee injury -- the OL is one position they absolutely couldn't afford any injuries" -- then Damien Robinson comes back healthy the next year and can't crack the two-deep and that's ignored by the same people that made it such a huge deal the first year.

The Rankin thing is beyond obvious...

All circumstantial evidence points to our OL being at least as good as it was last year -- and deeper.

This stuff is not hard to see and project. How many years in a row are guys going to worry about this before they just accept that Hevesy is going to have a good enough OL every year? If the defense gets it together on a 2010 level -- we are going to have a very, very special season.

RC3
08-29-2015, 09:58 AM
We playing those two teams six times each?

No and luckily both are at home. And extremely crucial if we want to get to ATL

RC3
08-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Engie I read what you said. The fact that they may be struggling with our DL shouldn't necessarily be an indictment on their ability. I get that. My point was that I think they will see at least two DLs better than ours and those are must win games to get to ATL

I'm not saying that I think they are bad. I'm
Not saying that I think they are good. We just simply must wait and see. I hope you are right. That they exceed last years group (they will need to to get us to ATL) and that we have the most productive offense the SEC has ever seen. It's
Not reasonable imo to have that expectation right now until we see them perform

Covercorner2
08-29-2015, 10:16 AM
LSUs DL, like last year, isn't that great. It's definitely not what it has been prior to last year. They also lost their starting DEs. Maybe Coach O coaches em up, but that remains to be seen. I don't see our OL against their DL as the deciding factor. It's going to be the other way around and whether or not we can contain Fournette and their running attack.

RC3
08-29-2015, 10:18 AM
LSUs DL, like last year, isn't that great. It's definitely not what it has been prior to last year. They also lost their starting DEs. Maybe Coach O coaches em up, but that remains to be seen. I don't see our OL against their DL as the deciding factor. It's going to be the other way around and whether or not we can contain Fournette and their running attack.

Agreed. They will be good but that's not who I was referring to when I stated there are at least two elite d lines on our schedule. That would be bama and ole miss (duck and cover as you guys throw rotten fruit at me)

TrapGame
08-29-2015, 10:22 AM
If Ifyouonlyknew says it, then I'll believe it.

Covercorner2
08-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Agreed. They will be good but that's not who I was referring to when I stated there are at least two elite d lines on our schedule. That would be bama and ole miss (duck and cover as you guys throw rotten fruit at me)

Oh, I know. I was just talking about the people panicking about the OL and the LSU game.

Coach007
08-29-2015, 10:29 AM
I can agree with what you said about facing better.... We are in the sec west.

But let me add this. We face better last year and was very successful. We had 2 games that struggled with. None really an ol problem.

Now let's look at the over all picture. First our defense sees this offense every day. They have one up on any other defense we will face. Second, we did well vs those other defenses and we replace the losses with better talent. That means the ol should be improved. I have zero concern right now.

Engie I read what you said. The fact that they may be struggling with our DL shouldn't necessarily be an indictment on their ability. I get that. My point was that I think they will see at least two DLs better than ours and those are must win games to get to ATL

I'm not saying that I think they are bad. I'm
Not saying that I think they are good. We just simply must wait and see. I hope you are right. That they exceed last years group (they will need to to get us to ATL) and that we have the most productive offense the SEC has ever seen. It's
Not reasonable imo to have that expectation right now until we see them perform

RC3
08-29-2015, 10:32 AM
I would disagree with your assertion that our OL played well against elite DL last year

messageboardsuperhero
08-29-2015, 10:33 AM

Our OL will be fine, Bc it's about scheme and assignments, not blowing people off the ball. So we'll stay fine at OL. We will likely take a small step back in our DL, simply due to depth, but our OL is FINE. Besides, nothing helps an OL like a good passing game, a dual threat QB, and the ability to be multiple at RB.

The OP in this thread is very misleading too...that's not what Doering said. But again, who cares what Doering said?

Ha, that's probably to a tee what happened.

Coach34
08-29-2015, 11:00 AM
I HAVE talked to someone inside our program- our OL is going to be fine.

Coach007
08-29-2015, 11:03 AM
I would disagree with your assertion that our OL played well against elite DL last year

Name one game that the ol did not do well enough to win.

RC3
08-29-2015, 11:04 AM
I HAVE talked to someone inside our program- our OL is going to be fine.

Funny thing is, I had these same concerns going into last season. discussed it here and you said not to worry. You ended up being right last year. While they weren't fantastic, they were above average

RC3
08-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Name one game that the ol did not do well enough to win.

They did not play that well against ole miss or bama. I'm not saying it is the sole and only reason we lost those games and if we changed a few things here and there (a lot of that is on coaching/gameplan) we would've possibly had better outcomes in those games

Coach34
08-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Our OL was dogshit against Northern Miss in the 1st half last year. We were poorly prepared for all their stunts and slanting. Worst job Hev has done in his 6 years getting our guys ready

Ifyouonlyknew
08-29-2015, 11:21 AM
They did not play that well against ole miss or bama. I'm not saying it is the sole and only reason we lost those games and if we changed a few things here and there (a lot of that is on coaching/gameplan) we would've possibly had better outcomes in those games

We definitely didn't play our best games against those teams but not taking advantage of opportunities were the biggest reason we lost those games. We had over 400yds of offense both games so we moved the ball just didn't capitalize when we had chances.

Coach007
08-29-2015, 11:24 AM

But the point you are making....... Nm

The ol played well enough that we could have won those 2 games. It. was errors in other areas that cost us. In Bama, it was turn overs while in their red zone or close to it. The point is that we had a ol that was good enough. Now we have better talent. We should be improved

RC3
08-29-2015, 11:36 AM
But the point you are making....... Nm

The ol played well enough that we could have won those 2 games. It. was errors in other areas that cost us. In Bama, it was turn overs while in their red zone or close to it. The point is that we had a ol that was good enough. Now we have better talent. We should be improved
I wouldn't necesarily disagree with you when you say that they played well enough to win those games. That's probably true. I thought the play calling in both games fed into both of our opponents defensive strengths as well

Pollodawg
08-29-2015, 11:54 AM
It's on the internet, so it must be true. Really and truly, we should totally overreact and just cancel the season.**

In all seriousness, Nick James, Chris Jones and Co. will pressure a lot of lines. It aint just ours in practice.

mstatefan91
08-29-2015, 11:57 AM
He's just trying to justify his 6-6 prediction. He is hinting vaguely that it came from our coaches which just doesn't add up given our policy with the media.

Nothing to see.

Jarius
08-29-2015, 12:05 PM
If your offense is not struggling against your defense that sees you every single day in practice then you are in for a very long year. I remember when Tebow was at Florida they talked about how they could barely move the football against their 1's in practice. The defense knows what play is coming. They've only seen our plays ten million times. Manny Diaz is extremely confident in our defense publically, which should tell you everything you need to know about our defense. If the guys like Paul, Steve, Logan, Bonner, etc aren't getting real info on our players I guarantee you that some sec network guy that has probably been to Starkville once in his entire life isn't getting info on our players.

HSVDawg
08-29-2015, 12:15 PM

The only conceivable liability on the interior of our line is if Clayborn is struggling to handle the transition to center. If so, that is a problem and something that can only be solved by multiple repititions both during and after practice. Otherwise, we should be good to go. All 3 starters are proven commodities, with 2 of 3 in Clayborn and Malone having potential of being drafted, and the 3rd is Desper who has looked solid also whenever he has been out there. The absolute worst our OL could be this year should still be top half of the SEC unless we just have a rash of injuries and lose 3 or 4 guys.

Dawgowar
08-29-2015, 12:18 PM
All circumstantial evidence points to our OL being at least as good as it was last year -- and deeper.

This stuff is not hard to see and project. How many years in a row are guys going to worry about this before they just accept that Hevesy is going to have a good enough OL every year? If the defense gets it together on a 2010 level -- we are going to have a very, very special season.

Hevesy's guys always improve as the year goes on. Even early in his tenure when he had a lot of 'bad' talent he made them viable by mid-year. This is a different situation that seems more manageable. We should be strong along the front sooner rather than later into the season.

Pollodawg
08-29-2015, 12:32 PM
If your offense is not struggling against your defense that sees you every single day in practice then you are in for a very long year. I remember when Tebow was at Florida they talked about how they could barely move the football against their 1's in practice. The defense knows what play is coming. They've only seen our plays ten million times. Manny Diaz is extremely confident in our defense publically, which should tell you everything you need to know about our defense. If the guys like Paul, Steve, Logan, Bonner, etc aren't getting real info on our players I guarantee you that some sec network guy that has probably been to Starkville once in his entire life isn't getting info on our players.

Hammer meet nail. Spot on. The D sees these plays over and over everyday. They know the playbook and every offensive tendency we have as well as the O does. I would be more worried if the D wasn't winning more than losing at this point.

5 Star
08-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Until proven otherwise, offensive line is a valid concern. I have no concerns about the rest of the team, but offensive line concerns me, seeing as how I consider it the most important piece of the team.

BossDawg
08-29-2015, 02:21 PM

That's what I was thinking. Am I imagining things or didn't Hev (someone) say that the O-line was surprisingly good this year or something to that extent?

Coach34
08-29-2015, 02:25 PM
Our OL is still working to gel- but it's a more physical group than last year's was.

smootness
08-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Until proven otherwise, offensive line is a valid concern. I have no concerns about the rest of the team, but offensive line concerns me, seeing as how I consider it the most important piece of the team.

And again, I think this is reasonable in general, but when looking at Mullen's tenure, it's hard for me to get very concerned about the OL. Just about every line we've had under him has been fine, so until this one is not, I won't worry about it.

NCDawg
08-29-2015, 02:56 PM

I agree. I think we're pretty solid everywhere else, except maybe our kicking game. I hope it has improved a lot.

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 02:58 PM
And again, I think this is reasonable in general, but when looking at Mullen's tenure, it's hard for me to get very concerned about the OL. Just about every line we've had under him has been fine, so until this one is not, I won't worry about it.

I don't know why so many of our "fans" can't grasp this. I'll get worried when we don't field a viable OL. Considering that hasn't happened in 6 seasons, it's much more reasonable to believe our OL will be good than to believe it will suck. I'm convinced about half these posters are trolls.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2015, 03:14 PM
I don't know why so many of our "fans" can't grasp this. I'll get worried when we don't field a viable OL. Considering that hasn't happened in 6 seasons, it's much more reasonable to believe our OL will be good than to believe it will suck. I'm convinced about half these posters are trolls.

I guess it's taking some of these guys longer than it took me to realize it....and it took me a while. I was skeptical of our OL talent for several years, but it stopped last season. And the reason why, was because no matter how much I kept questioning it, Hev and the OL kept proving me wrong by running it on everybody and preventing sacks. At the end of the day, we can "assume", "worry", "question", and "doubt" all we want...but if history is a lesson, Hevesy will just keep making us look stupid for doing it. So I no longer worry at all about our OL. They'll have to give me a reason to doubt them, Bc I have total faith in Hevesy at this point. And I could not say that for many many years. They'll all come around when we're stout again this year on the OL.

archdog
08-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Didn't hurt that both UNM and Bama we decided to take a long bus ride to the stadium gameday as opposed to staying in town. Looked like our entire team had a lag because of it.

msstate7
08-29-2015, 03:20 PM
I guess it's taking some of these guys longer than it took me to realize it....and it took me a while. I was skeptical of our OL talent for several years, but it stopped last season. And the reason why, was because no matter how much I kept questioning it, Hev and the OL kept proving me wrong by running it on everybody and preventing sacks. At the end of the day, we can "assume", "worry", "question", and "doubt" all we want...but if history is a lesson, Hevesy will just keep making us look stupid for doing it. So I no longer worry at all about our OL. They'll have to give me a reason to doubt them, Bc I have total faith in Hevesy at this point. And I could not say that for many many years. They'll all come around when we're stout again this year on the OL.

I think we'll be fine on the oline. My worry is if they'll be ready to roll week 2 though.

My bigger concern for week 2 is how well our dline is gonna hold up in the 3rd and 4th quarters tackling LF.

I'm gonna worry. If you don't have an worries coming into the year, you're either more plugged in than me or drinking kool aid. I think all teams have legitimate worries entering a season

War Machine Dawg
08-29-2015, 07:34 PM
Didn't hurt that both UNM and Bama we decided to take a long bus ride to the stadium gameday as opposed to staying in town. Looked like our entire team had a lag because of it.

Excellent point that isn't talked about nearly enough. And don't even get me started on Mullen letting the team go home for Thanksgiving.

mstatefan91
08-29-2015, 07:41 PM
I think we'll be fine on the oline. My worry is if they'll be ready to roll week 2 though.

My bigger concern for week 2 is how well our dline is gonna hold up in the 3rd and 4th quarters tackling LF.

I'm gonna worry. If you don't have an worries coming into the year, you're either more plugged in than me or drinking kool aid. I think all teams have legitimate worries entering a season

Yes, all teams have concerns going into a new season, but for some reason, all those other teams are projected to win the West, get in the playoff..etc. But not poor little MSU. We suck until the end of time according to the media.

Spiderman
08-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Our OL was dogshit against Northern Miss in the 1st half last year. We were poorly prepared for all their stunts and slanting. Worst job Hev has done in his 6 years getting our guys ready

Gonna have to disagree.

It was an entire scheme problem in Oxford last year. Arkansas gave the blueprint the week before. Also it's historically true. Run right at them.

They had 2 DE's under 220. wing opposite, motion toward that 200 Lb'er they had and pound their ass. But no, we run wide and bounce shit.

Alabama beats their ass if they keep running right at them. So would we, but for some reason didn't.

The Arky plan will beat them this year.

That, and stopping seam passes. The only big passing plays they have had under Freezus.

Jack Lambert
08-29-2015, 09:58 PM

Who are the people on the inside?

Jack Lambert
08-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Yes, all teams have concerns going into a new season, but for some reason, all those other teams are projected to win the West, get in the playoff..etc. But not poor little MSU. We suck until the end of time according to the media.

And if we beat LSU they will be all over LSU about how down they are.

Thick
08-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Some of you guys need to get on board. Hevesy has produced even when he had shit to work with in the past. We have more talent now then he di when he started. He does more with less then any other position during the Mullen era. We will be fine this year, because we have talent then he has had in the last 7 years.

Todd4State
08-29-2015, 10:36 PM

I do hope that we evaluate that better going forward. I'm in agreement with you that our team would likely perform better if they stayed somewhere overnight that is closer rather than going down on gameday. I've ridden buses many times- especially when I was about the age of our football players. And I remember feeling lagged and tired personally.

We could very easily do Meridian or Birmingham for Alabama and we could do Tupelo for Ole Miss- although I think Jackie had us staying in Grenada sometimes. Probably to get game plan ideas from Coach34.

And as WMD mentioned- us taking Thanksgiving completely off a couple of days before the biggest football game in Mississippi was just stupid. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to hope that it was a ploy by Scott and Dan to have our team come out flat, but still win in hopes of convincing our fans to move the Egg Bowl to Thanksgiving Day.

Todd4State
08-29-2015, 10:40 PM
Some of you guys need to get on board. Hevesy has produced even when he had shit to work with in the past. We have more talent now then he di when he started. He does more with less then any other position during the Mullen era. We will be fine this year, because we have talent then he has had in the last 7 years.

I agree. People need to quit paying attention to stars with offensive linemen moreso than any other position. Hevesey has a good idea for talent and also for what he wants to work with. Derek Sherrod and Gabe Jackson were high draft picks that he coached for us. And it's pretty rare for our o-line guys that start to not get at least a free agent look in the NFL.

the59dawg
08-30-2015, 09:13 AM

Yep, just like "shots fired were heard" few days ago.

Maroonthirteen
08-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Excellent point that isn't talked about nearly enough. And don't even get me started on Mullen letting the team go home for Thanksgiving.

Because it was a non factor.

Tuscaloosa is an easy, 4 lane 70-80 minute drive. Unless we had a bus break down and we had to rush off the bus and onto the field for kickoff, it didnt factor.

EB, there isn't a hotel anywhere around North MS that is as comfortable as our own beds and can feed the team like MSU. Not to mention meeting rooms and etc.

Coach007
08-30-2015, 09:30 AM
All day long, everyday this will hold true. We are in the sec west. Somebody will always be a hard match up. Always. Bama slowed our run. We had to fight through that. Same with ole miss.

That's when great coaching and players step up. In those games, we did not do that. Dak mismanaged the game in t town. You won't play Bama and win with those type of turnovers. Vs gt, Lewis dropped pass after pass...

Political Hack
08-30-2015, 09:40 AM

Yep. We could have a 260 lb OL and still run the ball in our set. Pass blocking may be another issue, but there are ways to make up for that. Run blocking will never be our biggest problem as long as we're running this scheme. It's too easy to work around unless you have guys that shouldn't be playing D1 football.

Pass blocking? There's no hiding that but at least we have one of, if not the, best dual threat QB in the nation taking snaps.

RougeDawg
08-30-2015, 12:57 PM
And once again people are overlooking one very important factor, especially for an inexperienced O Line..... A mobile QB!!! The defenses will have to play straight up, taking all 11 offensive players into account on each play. Add in the experience factor and Dak, our WR's and play calling should take enough heat off of the OL until they come together for the final playoff stretch.

Haven't we heard "Our OLine is struggling" every preseason since the beginningg of MSU football? Let's stop letting all these hot air filled talking heads and keep some reason amongst us.

preachermatt83
08-31-2015, 01:26 PM
Malone is back, Senior is back, Claybourn is an upgrade in talent, Desper is equal to atleast or possibly an upgrade in talent... Therefore the only position to even worry about remotely is Warren at tackle.. I am not worried about the interior in the least.. Jamal Claybourn is the most talented of the bunch.

Jack Lambert
08-31-2015, 01:51 PM

Agree 100%

michaelww3d6
09-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Are you really listening to the word of a mortgage lender who is trying to act like he is the know????

http://mygatormortgage.com/buying-a-home/home-loan-programs/

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-doering/6/6b3/790